I recently took a dive group of 18 to Pura Vida and we all loved it! The rooms are big, clean, and comfy with nice bed linens. Each room has a different sea creature's name (confusing in that they aren't numbered, but it became a source of fun when we realized that one couple was in the Sweetlips room). A/C works well and there was plenty of hot water in the showers and decent water pressure. The rooms have TV's with lots of channels. Wi-fi is free, but you do have to pay for bottled water. If you keep your bottle and refill it, refills are $.50. We were on the meal plan. While the food is fresh and abundant, keep in mind that it's not gourmet fare. The staff works very hard to accommodate their guests, however. The friendly German manager loves chatting with guests, and when he discovered that we loved German food, he made sure that the cook made schnitzel one night. Rooms have great patios so there's room to lounge or to dry gear.
The dive boats are the best I've ever been on! They're super wide, very comfortable, and stable so you get a smooth ride. The dive masters do everything for you, including put your fins on. How they remember everyone's gear is mind boggling. Fresh fruit, water, coffee and tea are on the boat, but if you want anything else, you need to take it on, including soft drinks or other snack foods. Muck diving from the house reef is excellent and there are so many tiny critters to photograph. The gang saw blue ringed octopus, frog fish, lots of flatworms and nudabranchs, and seahorses. There's an abundance of rinse tanks. A Nitrox package for 3 days was only $33. The ratio of DM's to guests was about 1 to 4, but they don't herd you or rush you. Jan, Adelfa and J-Boy were amazing at finding the smallest creatures!
The beach is beautiful and there's lots of cushioned chairs to sit and enjoy the sunset. We also enjoyed watching the local kids use the banca boats as their personal jungle gym.
Service is excellent in all respects. Laundry service for 2 people was less than $5.
One of our favorite things at the resort was the spa. Appointments were easy to get, they offer several different kinds of massages, and the average price was $23 for an hour. We all agreed that they were the best massages we've ever had.
On the downside the beds are hard and some of the rooms have tiny showers. Also, there are no blow dryers in the rooms.
Ghostpipe and Seahorse rooms directly face the water but have small showers. The best shower was in Leaf Fish.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new, spacious resort is located in Dauin, 15 kms south of Dumaguete City on Negros Island. Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort is built from divers for divers and is under Swiss management. Real tropical atmosphere with lots of coconut palm trees and other plants. Directly on the nice sandy beach and with its large swimming pool, it's as well an ideal place for families.Perfekt for Divers.Sea-explorers-management 5 star. Familie rooms-sweets-delux-standart(aircon)and economy rooms and soon 14-luxus appartments have a look at vidahomes.Ph stay with us with a smile ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pura Vida Beach & Dive Hotel Dauin
- Pura Vida Beach And Dive Resort
- Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort Dauin, Dumaguete City, Philippines