Amontillado Beach and Dive Resort
Mike's Dauin Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
$56
$102
$80
$119
$97
$61
$56
Agoda.com
Atmosphere Resorts & Spa(Dauin)
$248
$203
Travelocity
$84
$65
Orbitz.com
Dumaguete Springs Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
$39
Liquid Dumaguete(Dauin)(Great Value!)
$48
Agoda.com
El Dorado Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
$54
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a beautiful surprise! I am a former diver and international traveller for work. I was working in Manila and unexpectedly needed to come to Dumaguete to conduct a training session at SPI for a team that works for us there. As an American that lives overseas, I do like to explore when I can and stay off the beaten path. Next time that I come here, I will take dive lessons! This trip was purely for relaxation.

I was referred to the Amontillado by the Concierge staff at the Mandarin Oriental, Manila. I practically live there, so when they heard that I was coming to Dumaguete for work, they suggested that I stay over in Dauin and meet Silke and Peter - two dear guests of the Mandarin that own this resort, I called immediately!

Regina, the Manager and Peter the Dive Instructor/All around Support Facilitator are amazing! You can be as low key as you want or do all of the excursions/diving etc. This trip, I was into total relaxation and that is exactly what I got.

Beautiful surroundings, gentle surf, amazing view from my beach bungalow- can see Apo island, amazing beach breezes, you can walk 20 feet and swim in the ocean or go over to the pool and enjoy the sound of the built in waterfall. The beach bungalows are amazing and the price is UNBELIEVABLE! The spa is so relaxing and the massage invigorating! Food tremendous - all fresh and homemade daily - you pick dinner from a choice of creative menus - salad outstanding and just farmed! Organic veggies and seafood at its best!

Regina, the Manager is amazing! I wasn't outfitted for a beach resort as I was working and not planning this side trip. She shopped in town and brought me sunscreen and even leant me a bathing suit! Over the top!

Very accommodating and service oriented!

I didn't dive this trip, but will be back to do so. I did ask the other guests and they said that it was amazing!

To summarize, I am on the road in South and Northeast Asia every week and this is a hidden jewel. Well worth the time to try and find it. I am bringing my US based kids and their significant others here for a family retreat! Just amazing! And very affordable!!!!

Room Tip: Pick the bungalows on the beach. Two have queen/king beds and two have two twins. There is no fitness center here, but you do have the beach!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Cynthia J
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If you are undecided where to stay, then this is a resort for you- whether traveling as a couple, family of just traveling alone. A boutique resort conveniently located between Dumagette and Dauin. This resort offers all the amenities one would expect. The owners Peter and Silkie are friendly and will provide you with any assistance needed during your stay. The accommodations are comfortable, extremely clean and conveniently located to the dining, pool,spa and beach. The resorts has a full service dive shop, and limited business office. This resort offers great value to the traveler because it delivers services, accommodations and dining of the highest quality. Dining is especially enjoyable because the meals are expertly prepared with the freshest ingredients and served with an artistic presentation. The true beauty of the Amontillado lies with it's staff. The resort hosts, Peter and Ilsea will greet you and welcome you to the resort. Any needs, wishes or other help will be happily provided by them to ensure you have a great stay. The professional chefs will ensure that your dining is wonderful, and the wait staff will always greet and serve you with a warm smile. The supporting resort staff is always friendly and helpful. So, if you are looking for a special location that will attend to your needs and provides a perfect environment for enjoyment and relaxation, then the Amontillado is the place for you. Your only regret will be the friendships you leave behind.

Room Tip: Beach rooms available
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carlin69
Reviewed July 16, 2013

In June 2013 I traveled with two dive buddies to do some diving in the fabled Dumaguete area. Originally, we had not booked in to this hotel; we found it by accident. We were pleased with everything from the start. The resort grounds are beautiful and well kept. The bungalows surround the pool area. The amply sized rooms are air-conditioned, have a stocked refrigerator, comfortable beds, hot water showers and are cleaned daily. Price of the room includes a breakfast of eggs, toast/buns and coffee...more than enough, but, if you wish, you can order off the menu. Lunch and dinner are selected from a daily menu placed on the chalk board. The food was ample and delicious. Massages are available by appointment. Adjacent to the dinning room is a lounge with a large TV. Divers can view their videos/photographs or enjoy videos shot by Silke (owner). If you stay at Amontillado you will not be disappointed and say hello to Regina who manages the resort.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank mantamoon
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here in November 2012 and just loved it. Great friendly staff and the bed was the best i have slept on after over 2 years in the Philippines. Just wish i had more than 2 nights here. Next time id like to bring a friend :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2013

In april 2013 I’ve spent three weeks in the Philippines for a diving trip. I went to three different Islands (Malapascua, Negros and Cebu Moalboal) and this turned out to be one of the best trips I’ve ever made. Looking back I must say that the best place to stay and to dive was Amontillado Beach & Dive Resort in Dauin. The resort is based at a small beach close to Apo Island. My booking also included transfer and when I got of the ferry the chauffeur was there and only 40 minutes away from the busy city I arrived in a quiet paradise. There was warm welcome by the management at the bar and although it was late it was still possible to order some good food.
The next days were filled with some excellent diving (small groups). The dive master (Ian) is a local with lots of experience. He knows every animal or coral living in the blue and is an expert in spotting it all. He showed us creatures we’ve never seen before. I am sure that without him we never would have found all this verity of species. Our trip to Apo Island is one to remember! There the coral is untouched and goes on and on. The clear blue water and all the turtles laying lazy on the coral was amazing.
The resort is in one word great. The bungalows have these luxurious atmosphere, they are spacious, clean and very comfortable. Sitting on your veranda can you overlook the beautiful green garden and the pool. The staff is so friendly and everything you ask for they will try to make it happen. The bar and restaurant area feels like a large living room. The pool is clean and nice to swim in or to spent time next to it. Besides al this above I really love the sound of silence at the resort. Comparing with the other resorts there were no roosters or karaoke-bars, just the see and the small birds flying in the garden.
Amontillado Beach & Dive Resort in Dauin is a place I would go back to and I would recommend to everybody who is considering a (dive) trip to the Philippines. Also traveling single it is a warm and safe place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo