“Nothing missing”

El Dorado Beach Resort
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Dauin
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just returned from an 8 night stay at this resort. From arranging the reservation (thanks Merlita), to our pick up at the ferry terminal all he way to check out nothing was left for us to do but enjoy and relax. Staff were friendly and efficient and more than helpful. Had an especially great time with the girls at the pool bar. Had the resort been a little more full I suspect it could REALLY be a fun spot. The grounds and rooms were clean and everything seemed to be in working order. If i was looking for a low point it would be the fitness facilities being a bit on the light side, but it certainly is adequate as is.
We had stayed in the area 3 times before at other (more expensive) resorts, but El Dorado matches the other resorts in every aspect, maybe even surpassing in some departments

Room Tip: if you want to be away from the pool/party area ask for a rooms 1 to 12.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lovethedeep
There are newer reviews for El Dorado Beach Resort

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed here 2 days as part of a diving safari. The room was nice, spacious enough with aircon, large bed and good shower. There is a good pool, relaxing area, chairs, garden, restaurant. Beautiful. My biggest complaint (!) was that the wifi wasn't free - something you expect these days for resorts of this type.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joeri E
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My fiance and I stayed here for 4 days and we had a wonderful time. I learned how to SCUBA dive and obtained my open water SSI certification. The room we stayed in was one of the more expensive rooms and my only complaint was that it could have been cleaner. We had big lizards that lived in the roof area and apparently a lot of their excrements fell on our floor and the canopy above our bed. To the resorts credit when we requested it to be cleaned the staff attended to this right away. The bathroom was by far the coolest feature of the room, it featured an outdoor shower and I absolutely loved it!
The staff was by far one of the best I have had the pleasure of experiencing in all of the resorts we visited. One evening we fell asleep and woke after dinner like 1 am. We were hungry and went to the restaurant and they actually called the cook to come in and prepare a meal for us. I was very much impressed because I thought we would only have access to snacks until the morning. It is little things like this that make or break a resort in my opinion, and this action will guarantee that the next time we are in Dumaguete we will stay here!
The TV in the room did not work very well but it was only a minor inconvenience since we did not spend a lot of time in our room. The grounds in general were very well kept and as I mentioned the staff and service was A+++ I would totally recommend staying here - it was also extremely budget friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jay J
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I spent 1 week at this resort and I thought it was a very nice place. The rooms were comfortable. They included Shower, small refrigerator (Stocked with cold soft drinks and beer), TV with remote, and air conditioner. Just a walk down the path and you are at the beach. They have their own restaurant on the beach and the food was very good. They have boats and equipment to take guest's out diving if you like that sort of thing. They also have a pool and bar for swimming & relaxing. The staff their were always very friendly and attend to all of your needs. I would go back again and I would recommend this place to anyone. They even have a van to pick you up and drop you off at the airport in Dumaguete.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank SeattleMike1962
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a lovely friendly resort where all the staff are very attentive. The full board is amazing but if you don't have a humongous appetite then I would advise only going half board! All the food was amazing and very generous portions. The Dive Society is well run with really helpful staff. Nothing was too much of a problem and there is a really relaxed atmosphere. I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: I went for the standard room and found it was fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Rhianna B
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have allready stayed here 4 times. My last time in 2011. This time i was only here for diving. I stayed at Thalatta Resort. (check my trip report). But that was a mistake. This is the place to be when you are in the neighborhood. If you want your dives to be special and and well taken care of, come to El Dorado. My special compliments to my diveguide Lito. He makes my holiday worth while. So much experience, and ofcourse lots of fun. Just ask what you want to see.. and I am sure he will find it for you (maybe no polar bear). Thank you Lito for two wonderful days (also thanks from Enrico). The resort is excellent. Restaurant is great and the staff is just perfect. Don't hesitate.. it worth the trip!

Room Tip: In the pass i stayed in the standard rooms. They are small, but have aircon, hot shower and a double...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank ErikJanSp
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there one week in a standard room mostly for diving.

The resort is well managed and maintained,(bar, garden and pool really lovely and clean) many different types of room, the staff is very friendly and the restaurant was good even if they have little vegetarian choices. The breakfast is awesome.
It's a very good place to stay, but probably only for divers as the beach is not really nice, you have direct sun only until midday and 4 pm around the swimming pool.

My only complain concerns the wifi for which you have to pay per device... In 2013 with that price for the room, I expected a free wifi!

That said, it's a good value for money and we spent a great week there (taking in account the overpriced area)

They also have a small fitness place outside in the shadow.

There's a quite big range of difference between the rooms, we visited a deluxe and it's much bigger than a standard one and seems to have a better a/c maybe.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Joris87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
Mike's Dauin Beach Resort
Hotel Essencia
Hotel Essencia
#14 of 35 in Dumaguete City
Pura Vida Beach & Dive Resort

Been to El Dorado Beach Resort? Share your experiences!