Just returned from an 8 night stay at this resort. From arranging the reservation (thanks Merlita), to our pick up at the ferry terminal all he way to check out nothing was left for us to do but enjoy and relax. Staff were friendly and efficient and more than helpful. Had an especially great time with the girls at the pool bar. Had the resort been a little more full I suspect it could REALLY be a fun spot. The grounds and rooms were clean and everything seemed to be in working order. If i was looking for a low point it would be the fitness facilities being a bit on the light side, but it certainly is adequate as is.
We had stayed in the area 3 times before at other (more expensive) resorts, but El Dorado matches the other resorts in every aspect, maybe even surpassing in some departments
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mabuhay and welcome to a perfect starting point to your well deserved vacation or weekend getaway which the whole family enjoys! Nestled amidst lush coco palms, tropical plants and always facing the sun, EL DORADO BEACH RESORT, is the Pioneer Beach Resort and icon featuring DIVE SOCIETY, SSI DIVE CENTER, by the shores of Dauin. With decades of experience in genuine Filipino care paired with Swiss hospitality & management, we provide the ideal combination of fun and relaxation in our admirable amenities and terrific location along numerous Scuba Diving sanctuaries like Apo Island. Make yourself at home in our unique resort that boasts a variety of 47 modern, bright and artistically furnished rooms for any budget type and studio apartments for those who wish to stay a bit longer. Additional in-room amenities include comfortable bedding, flat-screen TVs, warm & cold rainfall and regular shower, bidet toilet, safety box and mini bar for almost all rooms. Room Service is readily available for lunch, dinner and midnight snacks. Enjoy complimentary WI-FI in public areas, mouth-watering dining at our all day PEPE’S BEACHSIDE RESTAURANT with local and international cuisine featuring oft live cooking, and a spacious GYM for YOGA and the like during your stay. Something interesting for your dinner palate could include our all you can eat Mongolian buffet style on Saturdays or Japanese Teppanyaki Table with prior reservation. We bring travellers, scuba divers and locals together here: our ambient POOL BAR and cozy BELLRINGER BAR & LOUNGES offer widescreen movies at night as you swim in our wonderfully illuminated pool featuring underwater speakers. Those travelling to Dauin can make use of many available lounge beds or beach chairs during the day whilst basking in the sunlight. Native interior, up-to-date technology and a highly spirited team is our winning formula for you to plan your next event in our WILHELM TELL FUNCTION HALL. We offer unforgettable events of up to 60 guests that can be tailor made by our EL DORADO KITCHEN or local catering services such as MIFUNE JAPANESE RESTAURANT. Our resort is just about a 7 minute walk from the South National Highway with easily accessible local transportation to Dumaguete City, the City of Gentle People. For your convenience, we also offer air-conditioned Van service at a surcharge fee for special trips like to the famous “All-under-one-roof” nightspot: WHY NOT? Le Chalet Restaurant, Discotheque, Deli Shop, Internet Cafe, etc. Starting with your room key, we look forward to giving you a memorable experience time and time again...for years to come! Have a safe journey to Dauin and see you soon with us! :-) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your El Dorado Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Dorado Beach Hotel Dauin
- El Dorado Beach Resort Dauin, Dumaguete City, Philippines