Liquid Dumaguete
$120
$106
Hotels.com
Atmosphere Resorts & Spa(Dauin)
$249
$204
$350
$333
$102
$80
Mike's Dauin Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
$56
$163
$84
$65
Orbitz.com
Dumaguete Springs Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
$39
Agoda.com
El Dorado Beach Resort(Dauin)(Great Value!)
$54
All reviewsfamily styledive resortopen watermuck divingapo islandfan cottagenew friendsother guestsdive shophot watertaxi boatadvanced diversbeach frontgreat divinggreat place to learnsea viewboat crew
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for 6 days to take my Open Water course. I am not an expert when it comes to diving resorts, but I hope that all diving resorts be just like Liquid.

The atmosphere is relaxed and very good to spend your holiday in. The lodge is a good place to just hang around, mingle with other guests, eat, read, connect to the internet, etc while enjoying the view of Dauin's coast. It also houses their book exchange area, and a guitar (which actually broke 2 of my nails...which is of course, not the guitar's fault :-)).

The dinner is a 3-course meal, served family style, which I think is a really nice and by the way, the food is great. The hot chocolate is a good treat after a day of diving.

The room was clean and comfortable. I can still hear the waves and feel the cool air from the sea. Location is walking distance from the national highway, where you can flag down buses, jeeps, and tricycles going to Dumaguete. Bring a flashlight if you plan to stay out late. The location also enables you to reach the dive sites of Dauin for just about 10-15 minutes. On the contrary, a 45-minute trip to Apo Island is very worth it, which I think is still short.

All the dive sites I visited during my stay offered good views of a rich marine life. It might sound a little biased since I am proudly Filipino, but the Philippines do have an outstanding biodiversity. You can enjoy this even when you are snorkeling, also you can even enjoy this in and out of the water. (The staff will also help you out if you want to do activities other than diving. Jim, thanks for the booklet. I just did not have the time.)

Lastly, the staff is all smiley! Everyone is there to help you out and make your stay pleasant. My instructor, Adam, kept a good pace and ensured the skills and knowledge needed are well grasped. The owners, Tim and Zoe, were very visible and always checks on the guests to make sure their having a great time.

I am very happy that I started diving here! I hope to see everyone in Liquid again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
LiquidDumaguete, Owner at Liquid Dumaguete, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thanks Krisabele for such a lovely review. Very happy you enjoyed your stay and open water course and we look forward to your next visit! Keep diving.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at Liquid for about a week and really loved it! Nice laid-back atmosphere, good food, great cocktails and beautiful divesites most of which are only a 10-20 minute boatride away.

All rooms have an ocean view and feel very natural (lots of bamboo :). Rooms are very clean, with a good bathroom and a lovely "rainshower".

If you choose to eat at Liquid, there is a daily set menu which can be altered if you don't like something. Not too much going on around the resort, so we ate there every evening we were there, always good.

Also, plenty of books to read in the sun, at the pool.

Diving, really good. We were there around 2 weeks after the last typhoon, which messed up a vew divesites a little bit, but that should be good around now. Apo island, go there! Such great diving, especially the driftdive, like a rollercoaster :) Good crew, good boat, good divemasters, good instructors, good gear (try diving with backplate and wing, makes your buoyond life a lot easier :) Every day there are 2 to 6 dives on the board, just choose which one you want or request one. I myself liked (after the Apo divesites) "Sahara" the best, "Pyramids" didn't really do it for me, but maybe that's a matter of taste.

Anyway. long story short, great place for a very fair price!

Room Tip: We had room 1 which I think is the most private of them all, with a direct seaview. But then again, they are all private with seaview :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sjoerd_de_v

Thanks Sjoerd for the lovely review. We are happy that you both enjoyed your stay with us here at Liquid and hope to see you back here one day soon. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Very different than our usual selection, but we could not have been more pleased. Typically my wife and I stay in fairly high end resorts. But Liquid seemed interesting. We had our own nipa hut on the beach with hot (and I mean really hot) running water. At 7 PM all the tables are pushed together and everyone sits down and eats together. In one day you become close to the staff and all the other guests. Some of the other guests had been staying a Liquid a long time (>6 months).

Liquid is primarily a scuba resort and they certainly live up to it. They have at least 3 instructors and a variety of dive masters. They seem to have multiple dive groups going out every morning and afternoon and occasional night dives. You can dive 4 times a day here no problem. This is a very unique place run by some very unique people. If you want an inexpensive diving experience I can highly recommend it. Apo Island and the coast of Dauin is some of the finest diving in the Philippines.

Room Tip: This is a small resort you must make a reservation well in advance if you want a beach front cottage.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Jim, thank you for the great review. Very happy that the 3 of you enjoyed your stay with us, next time maybe we will convince you to try diving!! hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

+ Very nice bungalows, with swimming pool and all have sea view!
+ 40 min by boat to apo island where Liquid offers diving and snorkeling tours for 1 day (8am- 4 pm)!
+ great food: muesli or eggs for breakfast; 3 choices for lunch; Fresh home
Made muffins and cookies every day!
+ Every day another 3 course menu for dinner, served on one big table with all the guests!
+ personnel are very friendly and helpful!
+ very nice hosts; the owners were away for a few days, but their parents live there too and were great with all te guests! He even took us to the local market on wednesday morning!!
+ other options beside diving (which you can organise by yourself bu taking the local bus or jeepneys): twin lakes national parc; local market on wednesday morning in dauin; waterfall close to valencia; town of dumaguete (less nice than described in lonely planet, but ok to go to for lunch or dinner), 25 min by bus.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Really cute bungalows all facing the beach (only 8 bungalows).
Great people, good food and lots of fun.
On top of that first class diving for 1200 pesos only!
The only downsides: nothing to do if you're not a diver, beach is braun and small (but better than anywhere else here), and no mosquitos net over your bed.
I would return!