“Dauin's Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Mike's Dauin Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Dauin
“Dauin's Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Some might think that the title is a bit too much but BEST is the only word I have in mind for our experience in Mike's Dauin Beach Resort. We stayed 11 nights and my family were immediately "at home." Mike is a great host! He takes care of the guests as he would his family. The rooms are clean, the food is great and the staff are always there to help. Their a gem!---But my and the children's favorite was an adorable black Labrador named Lola. We already love the place but she closed the deal :-) My husband was diving almost everyday and enjoyed the dive sites. He was always happy after a dive; seeing turtles, colorful, healthy reefs and fishes. My daughter did some diving too but due to a cough, she couldn't continue as her chest was a bit tight. My son and I did some snorkeling at Apo Island. BEAUTIFUL! Sunset is spent watching the local fishermen help each other pull their fishing nets to shore which my kids had the opportunity to experience. It became part of our daily routine. While there, ask Mike about the Whale Shark experience. Unforgettable. He also does dive lessons so if you want to get that PADI certificate in an ambiance just like home, you should go HERE!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Justice1971

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed in two other Negros hotels/beach resorts and, with my family, we looked at a number of others. Mike's Dauin Beach Resort is the best. It is tasteful, the staff are tops, Mike is laid back, the rooms are good, the pool is cool, it's all clean and well maintained. The only negative thing was a lack of bedside lamps (and that might well have been resolved if I had asked). The bills were always correct, everyone is versatile and even Lola, the dog. makes you feel welcome. It (Dauin) is also acceptably accessible from Dumaguette. You need to book in advance as the place is often fully booked.

Tourist places on Negros are not cheap. Travel around the area is mostly by jeepney or tricycles (which are cheap but, obviously, they come with certain risks). Entertainment in Dumaguete is limited but the people are friendly enough and I don't think any of us ever felt at risk (unlike when I went to Bacolod). The best shopping mall is Robinsons but most of the prices were similar to the UK.

We went on two snorkeling trips, arranged by Mike, both were excellent, well run, included food and very enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Titus D
manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Resort location is away from the hustle and bustle of city life which makes it relaxing. Staff was very courteous, accommodating and friendly. I salute Mike for his excellent management. Room was clean and tidy. Food was very good. Rates are very reasonable. I highly recommend the resort to both local and foreign tourists.

aronc

Room Tip: Book way in advance as the resort is always full. It's a place I would readily return to.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank aronManila
Riverdale, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just returned from my 6 day stay at Mike's. Possibly the best vacation of my life. The Resort while small had everything you need. Great staff, food and diving as well as a great room. I will be a regular there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank keith b
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

The staff at Mike's resort was great. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the laid back, relaxed environment. I've done a lot of traveling, but this was my first trip to the Philippines, and staying at Mike's place was a perfect introduction. We had an awesome diving experience...in fact, our dive at Apo Island was the best I've had.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank ScottGundy
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I can't recommend this place enough. It is cheap, possibly the cheapest resort on Dunaguete. The staff are great, the food is good and the drink is cheap. We didn't dive but went snorkeling with the whale sharks then on a reef. The place is fantastic and so relaxing, if I visit the Philippines again I will stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank liamskennedy
Lyon, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Booking a hotel at the very last minute, we called Mike on his personal phone (number on the website). He is very reactive, and we had a room with extra bed which was basically a mattress on the floor but it was OK.

The room we had was clean with private bathroom/toilet.

The activities are diving/snorkelling and the boat and crew members are so great. We had 2 amazing days with Junior/Victor/Ignacio/Marlon diving and hanging out on the boat.
The hotel is very family-friendly. I like it a lot.

Dauin is about 30min from Dumaguete by jeepney. I like it better because it's smaller and quieter.
If I go back, I would definitely go back at Mike's.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Vivich
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
Liquid Dumaguete
#2 of 14 in Dauin
Sea Dream Resorts
Sea Dream Resorts
#6 of 14 in Dauin

Been to Mike's Dauin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!