If you are looking for excellent diving spot, very professional diving services and comfortable and well managed place to stay while diving - this is it!.
On our trip through central Philippines we (using www) found Mike and his dive shop and decided to give it a try. Obviously it was very good decision.
Mike is American spending his "second life" on what he likes to do - which is diving. You can see it in extreme attention to all details and huge knowledge of diving spots there. In addition to that - this is one of very few true American standard (high one) small resort - they have only 8 double rooms, but they are spacious (I guess 200-300 sqf?) and well maintained.
Diving spots there are fabulous - with specialties like night diving in search for Mandarin Fish and many other - Mike knows them very well and will show you the best of it. You can't miss Apo island - paradise under water.
Mike himself is a very friendly and open person, he lives at the resort with his family, his staff gives you good services and kitchen - choice of true American style food (excellent burgers) - of course in addition to the local one.
Mike, the only thing to say, is I am sorry it took me so long to write review. If I have a chance I will visit you again.
Robert and Renata
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mike’s Dauin Dive Resort is a family run venue in Dauin, just 20 minutes south of Dumaguete on Negros Island. Our eight rooms are only meters from the beach, as is our lagoon pool complete with waterfall. Our aim is to provide you with the highest quality holiday and diving experience and our comfortable size means we can provide you with a relaxed and intimate resort atmosphere. Most guests board our custom built Banca boats to dive or snorkel the stunning paradise of Apo Island only a short ride away. This premier dive site is one of the oldest and best managed marine sanctuaries in the Philippines. Expect large shoals of fish, many sea turtles and spectacularly colourful coral gardens. Closer still are the dives at Dauin, rapidly gaining recognition as one of the best macro-photography sites in the Philippines with the chance of meeting Frogfish, Seahorses, Flamboyant Cuttlefish and the famous Blue-ringed Octopus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Mike's Dauin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mike`s Dauin Beach Hotel Dauin
- Mike's Dauin Beach Resort Dumaguete City, Philippines