“Excellent accommodation, outstanding service”
Review of Atmosphere Resort

Atmosphere Resort
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Dauin
Reviewed December 12, 2013

An unforgettable resort with the friendliest staff and highest level of service you could wish for. Atmosphere is one of a kind, a truly unique small hotel where everything is taken care of by the hotel's outstanding owners and staff. Booking was simple, airport pickup impressive - especially with the driver sprinting to help us on arrival in Dumaguete - cot available as requested.

The suites have fantastic super king beds which are extremely comfortable, an outside shower and a spacious bedroom which is ample even if you prefer not to lounge by the pool. Travelling with a 4month old and a 2 year old, the members of staff could not have been more welcoming and caring for our kids, even offering to entertain whilst we had our breakfast or the highlight for me was the dive boat captain signing to our little boy to get him to sleep!

The restaurant has ample selections despite the remote location and even though we stayed for 8 nights there was plenty to not get bored or order same meal twice. Daily specials for lunch or dinner are superb, and the level of cooking and presentation is excellent. We were all greeted by name every evening, a nice touch.

Diving is amazing, with c.20 sites all within 10 minutes on the speedboat, or 30 mins on the spacious Victoria to Apo Island. Excellent PADI dive shop with 25 staff who take care of everything, even flexible on sites and times should you wish. Thank you to all!

Beautiful infinity pool which was great for the 2yr old to learn to swim and a nice poolside bar where the atmosphere at Happy hour is great.

Thank you to Matt, Gabby, Ethan, Chloe and all the staff at Atmosphere for a unique experience. We will definitely be back in 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Col82Lo
There are newer reviews for Atmosphere Resort

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife is from this area and we heard great things about Atmosphere, for the most part it's a very relaxing place and staff are very very attentive and service focused. We stayed in a very large Penthouse suite which was very nice. Resultant is good and food very tasty. A couple things that need to be addressed is first of all the road going in to the resort. My driver had very difficult time navigating through the huge pot holes and exposed tree roots all the way in. A person in a nice vehicle would not want to chance it . The kitchen was top notch in the penthouse but very poor pots and pans and in my opinion very cheap, the only knife was a very dull bread knife that had problems cutting a clove of garlic. No cutting board , frying pan very cheap quality and no chance of making an omelette in it, no spatula, I could go on but I made my point. I paid a lot of money for this penthouse so I expect to have the basics available to me. Sorry but I am very particular about getting what I pay for! I guess a lot of people just eat at restaurant but seriously! Equip a high end place with good kitchen stuff it's that simple. In house laundry service way over priced as well. Besides that the place is quite nice.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mike T
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Wow Wow Wow... Amazing..! Atmosphere is a delight..!
For those who have read my previous revues on TA you will know that it is seldom that we have anything good to say about the hotels and resorts we stay in... Largely because there is so much crap out there..!

Atmosphere is just amazing, it's tranquil, very well maintained, clean, organised, good selection of meal options, well presented and tasty...

The pool is clean and inviting with lovely comfortable sun loungers. There are hammocks between
palm trees on the beach, gosh it is near perfection, close to utopian..! Now that's quite something coming from me..!
Yes the sand may not be white, but hey, they are certainly making up for it on everything else.
The rooms are huge, well appointed and comfortable..!

We would recommend to all seeking a relaxing holiday by the beach away from the hedonistic crowds on the likes of Boracay..!

Note to proprietors, Well done, fab resort..!
To reach Utopian status, we would like to suggest attentive pool side and beach front table service, with lashings of grovelling servility while we are glued to your loungers, it's such a hassle and a bother getting up to get a cold drink or a bite to nibble on... ;D

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JoeOutAndAbout
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was my second trip to Atmosphere, this time taking 26 customers there for a scuba diving vacation. It was all I hoped it would be and more.

Let me be as clear as I possibly can about this: I'm blessed to be able to take 12-15 diving trips every year and I get to see some great places and some that are not so great. I get to experience service that ranges from terrible to fantastic. Atmosphere's dive staff, wait staff, housekeeping, spa staff--even the landscape crew--are second to none. I mean none.

From our arrival to our departure, the staff did everything they could to make our stay as pleasant and memorable as possible--and it worked. We were there during the largest typhoon on record but were, luckily, south of the most damaging part of the storm. We had some heavy rains and wind gusts but certainly nothing like the central Philippines experienced. However, the staff and management kept us constantly apprised as to the movement of the storm and made all the preparations possible for the worst scenario, all the while remaining calm and collected.

I've never had the kind of service I've experienced there while diving, whether from the shore or from boats. Small groups, almost always with two divemasters/guides and plans that can change to meet your desire of the moment? Unheard of almost anywhere but common at Atmosphere. Dive staff waiting in the water to carry your gear up from a shore dive (on their amazing and always enjoyable house reef) simply refuse to let you wear or carry anything back to the dive shop, regardless of your protestations. They take their jobs seriously, but always with a smile. You simply can't tell them "no." Dive briefings are excellent and the staff enjoys finding the critters you tell them you want to see. Richard took me down to 100 feet--just the two of us--and immediately found a pygmy seahorse. He also took us on "operation octopus" and found five of them (seriously, five!) and probably a dozen seahorses.

The food was delicious and served with grace and genuine care. Everyone knows your name almost immediately and you could just plain move in and know you were home. We spent some time with the owners, Matt and Gaby and had some delightful conversations with them. As has been mentioned, they truly believe in paying forward and have established a school and soup kitchen, which we were privileged to visit. Their care and concern is obvious and it carries over to their staff. What a wonderful group of people.

I'm serious. I do this a lot, but I never get to do it like we do at Atmosphere. Don't hesitate, don't worry and don't think you need to be concerned about a thing...you don't. Just show up and enjoy becoming a part of the Atmosphere family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 10, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the time we left everything about Atmosphere Resort was amazing. The large villa's with out door showers, to the restuarant and food to the diving, bar, pool, spa, and ALL staff provide the best holiday experience you could ever hope for. All of our group hope to be back soon with more friends. Thank you Atmosphere Resort and Spa!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2013

After living in Asia for 2.5+ years very few places take my breath away and literally make me GUSH. Atmosphere was amazing. It's differentiator are the staff and the owners. Seriously brilliant people. They were friendly without being overbearing, they were genuinely interested in who you were and what you needed to make your stay as perfect as possible. Amenities are great! The infinity pool is perfect. With a nice poolside bar that was attentive to all your needs. The spa was good as well. Great atmosphere and a very ceremonious hilot massage. Get the Indian head massage too. It was brilliant.

Now let's chat about what we are all interested in. The food and drink menu. Not one miss. Great food. Fresh, gourmet, tantalizing, tasty! And more importantly, the cocktails were top class (although packed a punch - free pouring is alive and well in Atmosphere). Possibly the best Bloody Mary I have ever had. Ever. Great mango daiquiris. I could go on and on. But in lieu of trying to sound a little professional let's move it along!

I'm not a diver - but Hubby recommends the diving. Safe, organized, professional, tours off Apu Island are a must if you are a diver! Shore dives great as well. What was really impressive was the organization of the dives, with solid briefings before each dive and really amazing dive masters (this is you Adam!).

All in all, we will definitely be heading back to Atmosphere. Thanks for an amazing mini vacation guys!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Every year for the past eight years our small group has been going on short vacations to celebrate the birthdays of our children. Among the resorts we have stayed in, Atmosphere is the most quiet, relaxed, and intimate. The place is not over built. The suites are perfect, with a hammock on every veranda and an outdoor shower that makes you feel part of nature. I like the way the resort has eliminated the use of plastics and disposable items such as plastic wrapped soap bars and bottled water. Instead of supplying pet bottles, there is a large water dispenser that is replenished daily. The soaps are in liquid form and are kept in beautiful clay pump dispensers. I especially love the shower and bath gels that are infused with natural aromatics. The garden surrounding the suites is beautiful, and the pool is the perfect size. There is a spa and a day care center. There is a beautiful hut that seems perched on a group of trees where yoga classes are held. The bar by the pool offers happy hour on some drinks, though wine is not on the list. The food is excellent, and with just enough variety for us to sample something new each mealtime. Snorkelling is a great activity though we were only able to do it on our last day. If and when I return I will definitely consider taking a refresher course on diving so I can see more of the wonderful sea life just beyond the resort.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dauin
Mike's Dauin Beach Resort
Atlantis Dive Resorts Dumaguete
Sea Dream Resorts
Sea Dream Resorts
#6 of 16 in Dauin

Been to Atmosphere Resort? Share your experiences!