Loved this hotel. We stayed 2 adults, 2 kids in a twin delux pool view room. The reason we came to this town is that we were going up past the caves up the Ho Chi Minh Trail to visit a Vietnames family. Not normally regarded as a touristy place off season (we travelled in March so very quite).
Drove up a lanscaped long winding road to open hotel foyer area. The hotel is set on a sand bar right on the beach, peaceful and tranquil. Very attentative staff. We had a complimentary upgrade of our room on check in which we declined as we wanted to be in the main wing area by the largest pool and on ground floor. hardest beds in the whole of Vietnam are here!!
As mentioned, the place seemed a little deserted as off season which suited us fine as we had just come from the hustle and bustle of Halong and Hanoi so was a great palce to escape the horn honking! a little out of town but really we found no reason to leave the hotel apart from our side trip.
Staff very attentative - Kids even had their own life guard while playing at the beach leaving us to kick back and enjoy the view. Hotel breakfast plentiful and varied and we had dinner in the resturant both nights which came to approx $80 each night including a few beers and cocktails. Dinner was fine but nothing to rave about. this was the only resturant open when we were there. There was a trio band playing just outside the resturant with a few people sitting around the pool bar area relaxing and playing pool.
Gardens manicured and pool/beach areas clean. Room was spacious enough but did note a small message taped onto the doors leading into the terrace area that stated any clothing etc left out on balconys will be taken to laundry and cleaned on guests expense. We did get clothing laundered here by own own choice- typically priced for a hotel but came back on hangers and charged less for kids stuff (50%less) than adults which is great.
kids club very small and better suited to 1-3 year olds and nothing older. Playground equipment looked tired and warn out.
got a shampoo and blow dry done at the spa. went to reception and got driven around to the 5 star area in a golf buggy- hotel grounds are huge!! Past the golf range and tennis courts which were packed with locals and their expensive cars all having a fab time. up past more garden area and up to the spa/second resturant area. The bar etc were all closed due to off season but area was amazing with massive gazebo's, ponds, walkways all lit up and a 30 m bridge that takes you to the 3rd pool area by the spa. Had a shampoo and blow dry off for $12. was greated warmly with a hot tea. There were a few people in there that had just had masages and when i had finished a couple fo others where also completing their massages and rebooking for the next day. as it was dark, spa reception called back the buggy for my pick up to the main hotel area.
Personally this hotel would have a great atmoshphere when the weather warms up and the mist dissapears and a few more people around. Hotel approx 5 kms from train station and 7km's from airport and 2 kms from start of the town area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sun Spa Resort is set amidst 29 hectares of lush, landscaped gardens, It is located on the bank of the legendary of Nhat Le river and on the pristine white sands of Nhat Le Beach.This idyllic Resort in the picturesque Central Vietnamese and the perfect gateway to discover the World Heritage. Surrounded by water on three sides, our peninsular resort has 234 international standard rooms and suites, 12 beach front villas and 10 bungalows. All villas and bungalows offer luxurious facilities of 5 star international standards and reflect charming images of Vietnam's rich culture and warm hospitality. The Resort offers a wide variety of international restaurants, bar, numerous activities recreation, beauty spa which bring guest ultimate enjoying and truly memorable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sun Spa Resort Quang Binh Vietnam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sun Spa Resort Quang Binh Vietnam Hotel Dong Hoi
- Sun Hotel Dong Hoi
- Sun Spa Resort Quang Binh Vietnam Dong Hoi