“review”
Review of The Millrace Hotel

The Millrace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bunclody
Reviewed June 18, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights. reception staff and are so helpful and friendly. I had a banking problem but they went to the ends of the earth to help me. hotel its self is not as you would expect for a hotel like it. its ten times better. on par with a 5 star hotel. food is served with a smile. also very reasonable. if in this area, I would strongly advise anybody to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Liz F, General Manager at The Millrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear watchfullDubliner,

Thank you for your lovely comments on your stay with us at The Millrace Hotel. I am delighted enjoyed your break with us and I have passed your comments onto the Team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Millrace Hotel in the near future!!

There are newer reviews for The Millrace Hotel

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just back from a one night 'Fab Friday' special offer at the Millrace in Bunclody.
Booked as a birthday surprise for my wife. Room was really nice and the food in
the Rooftop restaurant was very good. My wife used the spa and said it was
probably the best she has ever been to, but this hotel's biggest plus is their staff.
From the moment you book to checkout time, they could'nt have been more
pleasant and helpful. From the waiters in the restaurant to the barstaff and all
in between, they make you feel like its their pleasure to have you as a guest.
They even left a birthday card for my wife in the room on arrival - nice touch.
Overall a great stay but its all about the staff in this hotel and thats what would
make you want to return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RayC,

Thank you for your lovely review on your stay at The Millrace Hotel. I am delighted to read you enjoyed everything and have passed your lovely comments onto the Team.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

great hotel for family.got two inter connecting rooms witch is great when you have four children at no extra cost.

food in resturent is great.

breakfast could be run a little better that only a small point.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear lukedolan,

Thank you for your lovely comments on your stay with us at The Millrace Hotel. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed your break with us and I have passed your comments onto the Team.
Breakfast has been review as your feedback is much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Millrace Hotel in the near future.

General Manger

Reviewed June 13, 2013

A group of us were at this hotel for a golfing weekend. The hotel staff and also the golf were wonderful, very friendly and very helpful. We had two evening functions at which food was hit and miss, on the first night mine was delicious (but others were not as happy). On the 2nd night -our main event - the function room was extremely understaffed, two staff members for 40 people. Eventually a supervisor was added to this complement. It took almost one hour for wine to arrive (we joked that the waiter had gone to the supermarket to purchase it). Then both house Sav. Blancs were unavailable but another Sav Blanc was - but €5 more expensive. The food again was hit and miss (some guest enjoyed and others did not).
Despite this we enjoyed our stay but would appeal to management that when a group booking is in place, please have the staff available to meet service requirements. Staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank journeyperson2012

Dear journeyperson2012,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay. I was disappointed to read your comments regarding the food and service considering the lovely email we received from the group organiser.
However we have taken all your comments on board and they are much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you and your group back in the near future.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My sisters and I treated our Mother for her special birthday to a night in the Millrace in Bunclody, Wexford on the June bank holiday. We had a fabulous evening, with a wonderful spa treatment, a scrumptious dinner and a band in the hotel bar afterwards. I telephoned the hotel the day after we checked out to inform them that I had left my handbag in my room and I received it two days later in the post - free of charge. Staff were so friendly, rooms spotless - a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle O
Liz F, General Manager at The Millrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Michelle O,

Thank you for your lovely review on your stay at “The Millrace Hotel” we are no longer part of the Carlton Group. I appreciate you taking the time and have passed on your lovely comments to all the Team, which we very much appreciate.

I am delighted to hear your handbag made a safe journey home!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

stayed here for three nights found all of the staff were the nicest i have encounted they rate this hotel four star i rate thair staff five star they could not do enough for you as for the hotel it clean and the food was great there was enterment every night what more do you want we would not hesitant to recommend this hotel to all our friends thank you for a great break janet

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Liz F, General Manager at The Millrace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Janetboconnor,

Thank you for your lovely comments on your stay with us at The Millrace Hotel.
I am delighted you and your partner enjoyed your break with us and I have passed your comments about the staff here at The Millrace Hotel onto the Team.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to The Millrace hotel again in the near future!

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my birthday last night June 1st and had an absolute ball! The treatments in the salon are so amazing. The special offers are half the price you would pay in Dublin! The products they use elemis are top of Range. Angie and niamh are excellent at their jobs!

The girl on reception Jenny was so friendly and professional! She moved us to a twin room no problem and nothing was an inconvenience and the manager was so lovely to chat with.

The restaurant staff upstairs were excellent. They overheard my friend saying happy birthday and arrived out with a birthday cake and candle. Such a nice touch. Felt like I was part of the family.

Lunch in the downstairs was delicious and there was only one girl serving and she was so efficient. There's a need for more staff in there though as the poor girl was run off her feet but was still so friendly and happy.

Breakfast wasn't great but overall the staff make this hotel amazing. The owners of the hotel could invest in more staff but I would defo visit again!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank emmascg

Dear emmascg,

Liz Fagan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bunclody
The Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club
#1 of 1 in Barntown
Clayton Whites Hotel
Clayton Whites Hotel
#5 of 5 in Wexford

Been to The Millrace Hotel? Share your experiences!