“A True Retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hvar Island
Suncokret Body and Soul Retreat
Ranked #10 of 75 Hvar Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 7, 2010

After weeks of searching for a unique global travel and yoga experience, I decided to take a chance on Suncokret. It remains one of my best travel experiences to date. Retreats take on many forms and this one is truly unique. A week at Suncokret is a week of intimacy, time, space, beauty, reflection, yoga, outdoor dining, local sightseeing, and personal development.

If you're looking for a mega-conference retreat, then this is not the retreat for you. This retreat is organic in design and puts the responsibility on you to discover what it is you are seeking. Having said that, the care and attention provided by Evening and Stipe over the course of the week are more than enough to enable you to have a really great experience.

You will stay in a lovely and simple stone cottage. Most meals are prepared there by Stipe and you will enjoy delicious, healthy food while eating outdoors. Evening will consult with you at the beginning of the week and allow you to choose whatever modalities you would like to explore with her over the course of the week. In my case, I chose a rune reading, chakra balancing session, and energetic healing. Additionally, Evening will lead a full 90-120 minute yoga class each day, some at the cottage, and some in beautiful outdoor settings by the sea. Most days include a brief sightseeing tour with tour guidance by Evening and/or Stipe. Most afternoons are left free for guests to explore on their own. Two or three times, you might visit a local cafe or ice cream shop together. How perfect is that! I spent many days swimming in the sensuous Adriatic sea, riding a motor scooter around the island, visiting beautiful villages, and enjoying delightful cafes. And always, we came together at dinner to discuss the day and whatever was going on in our hearts. This attention and space is the gift that Evening and Stipe so beautifully bring to their guests.

I still talk about this trip and hope good fortune will allow me to make a return visit in the next year or two.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank NathanOhm

Reviewed April 29, 2010

This is what I wrote in the guestbook after my 3-weeks stay at Suncokret which says it all:

"This wasn't just a holiday for me, it was a life-experience which will influence me for the rest of my days. I feel sad I have to leave, but I know I'm walking toward a new beginning and in the direction to my ultimate goal of self-fulfillment. Thanks for all your inspiration, for talking and listening, for your understanding and empathy, for all the good moments we spent together, but also for the most difficult ones, because they taught me the most and gave me the opportunities to think outside my box. Thanks for the laughter and the crying. Thanks for having taught me yoga, Reiki, and so many other things that will be my tools and guidance in my future. Thanks for your hospitality and showing me so many wonderful places on this heavenly, "taking my breath away" island. Thanks for encouraging me to reach for the top of the world, believing in my own strength and power! "Just 2 words, divine and heaven! Thanks to both of you for being you. I surely do hope I will come back once, or better, I promise myself to return whenever I need a safe, secure, inspiring place to find myself to be and feel me. Big hug and kisses, Namaste!"

Ann
Belgium

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank parijsSpanje34
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I had been to Croatia before and found it an absolutely beautiful country, especially the islands.
When I saw Suncokret's yoga holiday offer I did not think 2x about booking and I was not disappointed. In fact this was one of the best breaks I have been on.
The instructor is a true gem, the week I went there were no other guests. So that meant one-to-one yoga tuition 2x a day completely adjusted to my level in the most marvellous places like a lost village, a small canyon and her own garden which is in the middle of nature and super peaceful. Furthermore I was taken on swimming safaris, bike tours and hiking trips around the island.
Her partner who has the best local knowledge of the island is also a brilliant chef and a joy to be around.
My small house was simple but very comfortable, nicely decorated and clean.
After a week I felt totally revitalised and content and can only recommend this place!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank FBall16
Reviewed April 21, 2010

The week that I spent at Suncokret on Hvar Island with Evening and Stipe was exactly what I was looking for--a leisurely escape in a beautiful setting, full of yoga, healthy food, good company and a cleansing of what was before for what will come. The hosts were generous and friendly. Stipe prepared amazing simple meals, full of flavour and fresh ingredients; and Evening brought us to unforgettable places and led us through yoga practices and exercises that helped me access new parts of myself. The other women who were there were also amazing, and I made several enduring friendships as a result. I hope to return again in the not too distant future!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank GlobalNomad84
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I spent a blissful 5 days at Suncroket with a friend. The couple who run it are caring and have created a unique retreat. The yoga lessons took place on secret, beautiful beaches overlooking turquoise seas. The yoga practice was very professional. Both the picnic food and dinners were freshly prepared and delicious. The rooms are set in various premises in the hills away from the coast. (There was no air conditioning when we stayed and sometimes it was very hot). We did not hire a car or bicycle but the people who run the holiday took us to nearby beaches and collected us during the periods that there was no yoga. There were also opportunities to learn painting, Croatian cookery or reiki.

As with all yoga holidays the accommodation is not 5 star but is comfortable and clean. The hosts' warm welcome and caring attitude makes up for for any shortfall in the accommodation. And Hvar is a beautiful island.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
2  Thank lilylamb
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I have visited Suncokret on several occaisions and I am looking forward to me next visit. The yoga practice is in a small group where Evening (our host & yogi) caters for all levels of experience. I was pregnant during my last visit and I was made to feel extremely comfortable and really enjoyed my yoga + bump experience! In addition to the yoga being amazing the locations are jaw dropping - with sunrise yoga on the beaches or sunsets on the verandah over looking the mountains.
The food is delicious, Dalmatian cuisine cooked from fresh local ingredients - it's even possible to do some Dalmatian cookery classes at the retreat depending what package you choose - there are various different activities / experiences available in addition to yoga, such as Reiki, which I would recommend as I value my Reiki so highly now. It's also a good idea to hire a car whilst there so that you can do a little exploring of your own - Evening and Stipe who run Suncokret are so lovely and always willing to help you find beautiful hidden gems on the island.
All in all this is one of the best holidays!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Hvar, Suncokret & Suncokret hosts, Evening and Stipe, provide a beautiful blend of Croatian magic that has revitalized all my senses. The exquisite taste of freshly picked figs and grapes, still warm from the sun; the pervading scent of rosemary; the endless view of bright blue skies and turquoise seas; the background sound of cicadas and church bells; the cool feel of clear sea water and stroking the retreat pets soft fur... All this, combined with the kind and generous hospitality of Suncokret hosts, Evening and Stipe, has made my 2 weeks with them unforgettable.

I have learnt the way of life on the island, both past and present; I have tasted freshly cooked organic food, so beautifully and effortlessly created by Stipe, which has completely changed my whole attitude toward healthy eating; I have enjoyed lighthearted chats with Evening about life, love, the Universe...

And the yoga, which was really why I came... Evening is such a kind, gentle and patient teacher who knew what was best for me and taught me to respect myself for what I am.

Suncokret is a very special place and the hosts are one amazing team.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo