“The way to Hvar and onwards”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hvar Island
Suncokret Body and Soul Retreat
Ranked #11 of 75 Hvar Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Calm, peace, sun and sea! Those were my requirements!

After a few years of very long working hours and a stressfull lifestyle, I decided to quite my job and take a career break of a few months.

As yoga usually fulfills the calm and the peace requirements, I knew a yoga retreat would be the perfect way to start my break. I was looking for a way to "gather" mayself again, find my bearings, in order to really enjoy the rest of my long break ahead.

I looked at a few retreats, but in the end Suncokret really spoke to me. Maybe it was the "sun" in the word Suncokret. Maybe it was Evening's e-mails, patiently answering all my questions even before I booked. Perhaps the idea of home cooked local meals. The fact that one could do the Life-Path Awakening coaching process was also a big plus. In the end it was probably a combination of all of these factors that got me to find my way to Hvar.

The week at Suncokret was magical!

The accommodation was beautiful, clean and immediately felt like home. The rooms are all very cosy and have a wonderful feel to them. There is a great selection of books to read while at the retreat.
Bol is a lovely village and perfect place to get away from it all.

Stipe's meals were amazing! In an age where it is so difficult to get away from processed food it was wonderful to know many of the ingredients are grown in Stipe's garden. Breakfast in the garden, post our morning yoga session, became one of the highlights of the day, even though the whole week felt like one long highlight!

Evening has done a great job of creating a wonderful yoga space. Inspiring, uplifting and light, even before your first asana of the day! I loved doing yoga with the morning sun on my face and overlooking the scenery when emerging from an upward facing dog.
I really enjoyed Evening's yoga classes, her blend of different styles, adjusting it to the group's requirements and abilities. I learned many things which I now incorporate in my own practice.

If preferred, Evening and Stipe took the group to various towns and beaches every day. My favourite was Vrboska (leave the town and take the beautiful tree-lined walk to the beach) and Jelsa (If you walk East from the harbour to the other side of the small peninsula there is a wonderful place to swim).

I was unsure as to whether I should do the Life Path Awakening coaching sessions and Evening patiently answered further questions on arrival. Looking back, I am not sure why I even doubted.

Evening was wonderful during the whole process and I was so privileged to walk this path with her. She developed an amazing program which felt very personalised. She created a safe environment to evaluate the past, looking back where one has been. I was able to revaluate where I am currently with her support, and finally with her guidance and inspiring feedback look ahead.
I was able to awaken a part of me that was in hibernation for a long time and even a part I never knew I had!
I was surprised by how much we were able to do in 5 days. It was hard work at times, but in the end it is what you make of it. You decide how much effort you want to put in. It was well worth it for me! I still refer back to my notes from that week. (Take a blank notebook along! Finding one on the island over a weekend proved difficult.)

The idea was that a retreat would set me up for a few months during my carreer break, instead I am now set up a very looooooong time to come....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Already a two time customer, you will understand how I feel about this place. I love it. I love Evening, the inspiring hostess and yoga instructor and I love her husband Stipe, the friendly chef with his magical touch on the often home or locally grown ingredients. Both of them have amazing stories to tell and they know Hvar Island by heart, making the guided trips a true pleasure.

At Suncokret you will not only enjoy Evenings very professional and responsive yoga. You will also get into a soothing, comforting vibe created by all the things mentioned plus the peace and relaxation this mountain village at this beautiful Island offers. You will carry this vibe with you for a long long time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I spent one excellent week at Suncrocket on Hvar. A week full of wonderful yoga in wonderful locations; I wish I could do yoga every day on a cliff in the sunset.. That's heaven on earth!

Evening and Stipe was the perfect couple, making us feel comfortable and welcome. They offered simple, but convenient rooms, excellent vegetarian food and the luxury that it meant being taken to different towns, beaches etc.

For me, this was exactly the vacation I needed and it made me think in new ways filling me with new energy. The yoga also offered me new insight in how to do yoga, and Evening challanged me in doing it in new ways.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded November 29, 2011

Thank you for your encouraging review. We do our best to provide a nurturing and rejuvenating environment for our holistic yoga retreat and are always striving to go beyond the expected into the extraordinary, in terms of the energy and love we put into our work. Hope to welcome you back some day! Sat Nam!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

From Tokyo to Croatia,Hval island, It was the longest flight I've ever had,but it was worth doing.
Even though I had caused much trouble to get to the island, the hosts Evening-san & Stipe-San welcomed to me with lovely smile.
The terrible earthquake and Tsunami hit East ern Japan and we have been still experiencing aftershocks and lots of problem like the radiation.
Then I have started thinking about making the most of my life and what is the best quality of live. Somehow I reached their website and decided to go there.
Their small house was simple, but cozy,clean and comfortable.
I found my dream garden there, it was the greatest moment to take a nap in the hammock while hearing bees which was visiting wild lavender for nectar, and the smell was great.
The courese I took provided only Morning Yoga, but Evening-san led to me a new world.
After the class, I felt very energetic and also completly calm at the same time.
Her help and advise was not too much, but very accurate.
Stipe san prepared amazing great organic meals. I loved the fresh vegitalian meals and his taste.
They took me the amazing secret place which is like tourists never reach by themselves.
I was able to have much enough time to explore the island, to read a book from cover to cover on the beach and ofcoure to swim in the beautiful Adrian sea.
Everything was the great moment and I learned what is the quality of life.
Lavenders and some herbs from their own garden still remind me of the beatiful moment at my house in Tokyo.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have spent 2 weeks at Suncokret in Dol on Hvar, Croatia and discovered myself on a great way. I did the Lifepath Workshop and explored my life/person on a different way as I did so far. Evening, who is the yoga teacher and workshop leader, is very dedicated to her work and took the needed time and even more to discuss with me all the questions I had being able to find a way through the seminar. She took care of me as I got sick there and asked me to call her if I need something.

The place where the retreat is located is calm and full of good energy. Early in the mornings - I am not an early morning person at all - a 2 hrs yoga session took place. The morning class was usually on the terrace of the retreat buildings and the evening class (1 hr) somewhere in the nature or abandoned places. I did not have much yoga experiences and selected Suncokret mostly because of the workshop but the exercises and meditations were very well explained and I enjoyed them. The selected yoga places are picturesque and just beautiful.

Stipe, who prepared the great vegatarian food and was the driver to the different towns on the island, had as well always a helping hand. I usually love to eat meat but the vegetarian food varied and was delicious.

I spend the most days with Evening because of the workshop or on the beach reading, writing or just swimming in the cristal clear water. The beaches we have been shown were not crowded and clean.

I can recommend this retreat to everybody who wants to gain some energy, to center, practise some yoga, meditate and just enjoy a calm location. The hosts are very hospitably, helpful and very nice people.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2011

In freezing norway we have lived through the coldest, wettest and most terrible summer ever. Looking through my fb pictures from last summer, at the Suncokret retreat, memories cam back...
I was a single mum, stressed, loaded in work, housekeeping, school meetings and charity work in my community, close to burnout. Then i found this haven on earth! I found what i was looking for, and what i needed - a quiet room of my own!. I came to this lovely monastery- like place, simply made fore meditation and contemplation, and meet some lovely and caring people. Close to the nature, the pets and to my own mind, i finally was able to let loads of stress and worries go. I woke up to beautiful music, and after the morning yoga i was served healthy and organic breakfast.
Afterwords Stipe and Evening (the owners) took us to all the beautiful places on Hvar, (whom i would not have found my self). It was fantastic to relax on the beach, swim in the clear blue sea and to have a coffee and a small meal at a taverna. For The afternoon yoga session we were taken to places not many tourist have excess to. Back at the retreat the dinner was ready. I stayed for 2 weeks and the menu was never repeated! it was tasty and delicious, there and then i converted to be a vegetarian! Fore these to weeks i did`t have to think about what, and when to et, where and with whom i would go, what to do and and how to do it.
I felt soaked in luxury for 14 days! A room of my own.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Having not much yoga experience this was perfect as Evening, the teacher was able to tailor the classes to match our abilities not only that but she gave great insight into the true and pure meaning of yoga inspiring me to further my yoga practices and continue my journey :) Stipe, the cook and driver prepared absolutely delicious food picked fresh from their own garden, truly organic and took us each day to a new town to explore! This is the perfect place to get back in touch with nature and yourself and really calm the body, mind and soul! I highly recommend this to anyone who wants to experience the authentic Croatia and begin their own inward journey. Thank you Evening and Stipe for a pure and beautiful experience :)

• Stayed: August 2011