“Lovely hotel just little niggly things”

Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Normanton
Reviewed June 9, 2013

As in previous reviews the hotel is spotless, staff are very friendly and helpful, rooms were well presented. Food at pub next door was fine for us, we had a couple of really good meals.

Pro's: really lovely friendly and helpful staff, very clean and tidy, smart room, big towels (which I love!), nice touches in the rooms, general good feel in the hotel. Really good base to visit various places around the area. Good food and nice pub attached. Would be good for families with kids!

Con's: only a few minor things that probably wouldn't bother everyone. Bed was really hard and so didn't sleep well during stay. Water pressure in shower and bath was rubbish. Check out is 12 noon so I don't agree with the cleaners knocking your door at 10.15 to see if you're ready or want your room cleaning, especially if you have do not disturb on the door!

Overall would definately use the
hotel again and just hope for a bit better bed.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Second visit to this Premier Inn with my partner. We had a super room at the back of the hotel, overlooking the fields. The room was spotless and adequately furnished and all linen very clean, no complaints there, it measured up to what was expected. Breakfast was booked as part of the stay, which included my partner's very chewy and inedible sausage, which when complained about was told by a member of staff that he would "sort it" - no idea what that meant, but the sausage was not replaced. Evening meal was good, although in my view a tad expensive for what it was.

Thanks to Geraldine on Reception who when I phoned to amend the booking was very helpful and courteous, although she was not on duty during our stay. All the staff were very pleasant and friendly as they have been in the past.

Great location for the Designer Village, which was visited by chance and included a purchase of some red shorts and a wasp jacket.

Suggest check the sat-nav (if using) as the entrance is very close to the junctions and could be driven past without realising.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BiltonBagpus
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We booked a night here on our way home from Center Parcs, Sherwood Forest. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful and it was fantastic value. We booked a Meal Deal for Dinner and Breakfast for £22.99 per person - I would recommend this option.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We broke up a journey with a stop here on a Friday night. I chose it because I wanted to visit the designer outlet the next morning and for this it is extremely convenient. Premier Inn have a consistent standard that you can trust which is why we use them as stopover points, this one I felt was a little below par. The staff were excellent however, very helpful. I just felt our room looked a little more tired than it should. The bed was comfortable and the linen and pillows as always were pristine. The TV was an old fashioned portable which didn't have a signal and the shower was a pretty pathetic pressure. The bathroom was spotlessly clean however. I usually find the integrated restaurants in Premier Inn are very good but this one had a Brewers Fayre. On the Friday night of a bank holiday it was very busy and pretty naff, we had thankfully eaten earlier so just had coffee and a drink but I was glad having seen the dried up 'all you can eat' buffet that I hadn't needed a meal, consequently we went elsewhere for breakfast the next morning.
The fire alarm sounded at about 7.30 am Saturday morning but that was just one of those things. On checkout we mentioned to the staff about the poor shower and broken TV more for information than a complaint but without hesitation we were offered a refund which I felt was above and beyond what was expected. I know they have a good night guarantee but I had slept very well so wasn't expecting this!
Essentially its very clean and well managed by staff and a good place to sleep. I just felt it wasn't as good as others I have used.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pollyschoices
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A one night stopover on the way to the Borders. Room as expected, perfectly comfortable and clean. No problem. Location is near a motorway so opening the window isn't an option if you want to sleep so it would have been good if it had been possible to turn the heating off - which it wasn't in the room we had. Mentioned this to reception the following morning which resulted in the offer of a refund. Couldn't accept. It wasn't that bad but the thought was nice.
The restaurant was horrendous however. The menu was boring, unimaginative, microwaveable and very expensive for what they offered. Nothing good. The worst thing however was being assailed with the most appalling "muzak". It did nothing for our dining experience either at dinner or more especially at breakfast. I have no idea who the artist was or what they were singing but on enquiring of the staff if it might be possible to turn the volume down or change the tape I was informed that neither was possible. It seems that the same music is piped out to all restaurants in the chain at the same time each day. if you don't like it - tough.
The best part of the stay were the staff. Helpful and friendly against what was, in the restaurant in particular, an unwinnable battle.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TimRCranleigh
Reviewed May 13, 2013

stayed here as a stop over on the way to center parcs, the room was lovely and clean, was able to check in before our time, which is always a bonus when travelling with children. booked the meal deal which is great value, the kids enjoyed the free outside play area, they also have an indoor fun factory it costs £2 for 1 & 1/2 hours.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Positives:

- Friendly reception
- Clear interior
- My room was quiet (although it faced away from the main road).
- Very comfortable bed
- Slept well

Advice to other users:

- I suspect that rooms facing out over the main car park are likely to be subject to noise generated by the A38. So, ask for a rear room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Premier Inn Ripley Hotel
Mour Hotel
Mour Hotel
#1 of 1 in Annesley

Been to Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel? Share your experiences!