I stayed at the Premier Inn at Mansfield for one night. Not sure why TripAdvisor doesn't list the address but it's:
Carter Lane East
Derbyshire DE55 2EH
Check in was busy with a number of people checking in when I arrived, but have to say, the three people handling the check in process were efficient and pleasant, and managed everyone in very quick time. The room is basic, but clean, with a very comfortable bed. There are no indivdiually packaged toiletries in the bathroom (such as soaps, lotions, shampoos). Instead you get a tube on the wall in the combination bath/shower which provides a combination body soap and hair shampoo - have to say, I wouldn't wash my hair with soap that doubles as body soap, but perhaps that's just me.
The room doesn't have a phone, but does have a TV, hair dryer and a coffee maker. Good amount of hanging closet space for an overnight stay.
I had dinner at the Brewers Fayre which is in the same building as the hotel. The food was actually better than I thought it would be, and was brought to the table quickly and hot - frankly couldn't ask for more really - very good value for money.
Breakast in the morning had some nice touches such as warm croissants - I've been at higher class hotels that didn't manage that - and the rest of the continential fare was quite good and well worth the price.
Overall it's a good place for an overnight stay, with very good value for money on many aspects.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A short drive from historic Matlock and the Peak District, next door to East Midlands Designer Outlet ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel South Normanton
- Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel Derbyshire/South Normanton, UK