Just back from a two day conference at the Derbyshire. Although it's quite difficult to get to by public transport (I suspect it's really aimed at car drivers, as it's just off the M1), once there, the welcome was warm. The staff were great - very friendly, and always willing to go the extra mile.
Food in the bar is quite expensive (£10 for a Panini - very good, though) - unless you're eating on an expense account!), but all the meals we had in the restaurant were excellent - cooked breakfast buffet with options, great coffee, and speedily served dinners of great quality. One thing - the restaurant isn't huge, so you may have to wait if you arrive at a popular time. Also, unusually, you have to wait to be seated at breakfast. Not a problem, but most hotels seem to let you wander in at breakfast (which suits me fine!)
My room was a fair way from reception - a good five minute walk down stairs, and along several well signposted corridors. Once there, it was very warm (commented on by several other guests - in their rooms that is, not mine!), clean and well maintained.
Overall, the Derbyshire might not be the perfect location for a Peak District weekend (there are lots of places closer to the dales, and places with more atmosphere), but if you need a location for a conference, or a high quality hotel close to the motorway, you won't go far wrong with the Derbyshire. It's a hotel that means business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly and very comfortable, you'll feel relaxed from the moment you arrive. Near the heart of the Peak district where you will find delightful walks and spectacular views. Chatsworth House, fun-packed thrills of Alton Towers, and extensive shopping at East Midlands Outlet are all nearby. Enjoy our modern gym, indoor pool, spa bath and optional health & beauty treatments. Beautiful suites available for meetings and events, from conferences to weddings. If you are planning a trip abroad, the hotel is just 30 minutes from East Midlands Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your The Derbyshire Derby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton
- Derbyshire South Normanton
- The Derbyshire Derby South Normanton, UK