The Derbyshire Derby
Premier Inn Mansfield Hotel(South Normanton)(Great Value!)
$65
Mour Hotel(Annesley)
$99
Hotels.com
$76
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel(Sutton in Ashfield)
$50
Travelodge
Eastwood Hall(Eastwood)
$68
PremierInn.com
1,733 results
All reviewstravelzoo dealdesigner outletleisure facilitiessteam rooma travel zoo dealevening mealtrouser pressbreakfast was buffet stylepeak districtweekend breakrestaurant staffbed and breakfastchatsworth housebit datedexcellent value for moneyself servicetea and coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was our second one night stay on a DB&B offer, the first being in November 2013.

Overall we were very pleased with our stay and although I have only given it three stars, it really is a great place to stay if you need to be in the area and I would recommend it. Considering it was a January weekend the hotel seemed very busy.

The staff on reception and in the restaurant are all extremely friendly. The dinner was excellent, as it was last time we stayed.

The corridors are a little dismal and some carpet areas a bit worn. The beds and bedding were very comfortable but the TV's need to be upgraded urgently. It is an old style TV, small screen and very limited channels. Our room was very warm, it's nice to know they are not trying to cut back on heating costs.

On the plus side there is free wifi. It seems that during the week this is a corporate hotel as they have a number of conference rooms.

There is a pool and steam room but I didn't use these so can't comment.

I'd be more than happy to stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Angela H, Manager at The Derbyshire Derby, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, it was pleasing to read this was your second visit, we do like to welcome guests back time and time again and have a lot of regular guests who visit us when we are running special offers. Our in house maintenance team are working round the corridors brighteneing them up and we are looking at replacing the carpets.

TV's are unfortunately a little dated but again we are looking at replacing them in the near future, I am glad overall you found your bedroom to be warm and cosy with free WIFI

I do hope you will visit us third time and look forward to welcoming you back to the Derbyshire

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I had a choice to choose average or very good... It was more average than very good.

We recently visited with parents for the weekend, the service we received was friendly and polite. The waiting staff were extremely helpful. The rooms we were placed in were of good quality however my parents had to move rooms twice due to noise although a quiet room was requested. My mother was informed they don't really have any quiet rooms only to be told in the morning by another member of staff that they have rooms at the end of the hall which are extremely quiet that were available.

The spa facilities were ok, the shower facilities in and around the pool area could do with a little work but the gym itself needs completely ripping out. It's ridiculously unsafe when busy and the wear and tear is clearly showing. Either it needs investment or scrapping.

The plus side to this hotel was the food is excellent, we had a great dinner and breakfast was more than enough!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I am sorry this visit to the Derbyshire was not has good as the last. It is clear the Front Desk team need to have some refresher training of our accommodation as most of our rooms are quiet even though we are situated conveniently to the motorway.

We are constantly updating our gym equipment and only recently had new treadmills, your disappointment with regards to the gym as been noted for future planned refurbishment.

I am pleased you found the food both dinner and breakfast good the Chefs will be pleased with your kind words.

I hope you visit us again soon, please ask for quiet rooms we do certainly have them

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My boyfriend and I went to the Derbyshire hotel as a I will be leaving the UK for 5 weeks, and this was to be our last weekend together for a while. On making the reservation, I work in a hotel myself and know how hard and stressful this can sometimes, be. The reservation team were excellent, a lady called Enid took my reservation, and she could not have done more to make me feel welcome and appreciated for making the booking. So I hope she gets recognition for that! Upon check-in we were kept waiting for a 10-15 minutes, but again we didn't mind as the atmosphere was relaxing and warm and friendly, we were greeted by all members of staff and were asked if we had been seen by a receptionist as they didn't want to keep us waiting! Recognition of a guest goes a long way, and to be kept in the loop and acknowledged by every member of staff just passing through reception was lovely. We checked in, and our room was beautiful, I was expecting a horrid, view but for the location of the hotel it was great! The bathroom was lovely and clean and bright! And there was always hot water which is sometimes hard to find! When we went later that evening to use the leisure facilities, and unfortunately the only thing to let that down was the receptionist on the desk who wasn't bothered to explain how to use them and where to go! We didn't mind that the sauna was broken, as we hadn't on planned to use it, but it was good that they had information signs for guests. The pool was a lovely temperature to relax into and the Jacuzzi was gorgeous. The lights inside the pool against the darkness of the cold winters night looked beautiful, and it made me even more relaxed! We were on a DBB package, and when you pay less, you expect minimal, in this case it was more than satisfactory I was stuffed! The food was scrumptious and each waiter who was on shift was delightful, I am unaware of the gentlemen's name that served us but he did his job perfectly and we were made to feel like nothing was a problem. We did order breakfast but some how our breakfast card had gone missing but the reception staff were very helpful and quickly got our breakfast to us, and as it was an hour late we needed a late check-out, and we were not charged for this! I thought that was a lovely way to say sorry and we will definitely be back as it is not to far away for us, but far enough to get away! Fully recommend it, and ask to stay on the floor, one flight of stairs down as it is on the same floor as the leisure centre. It is JUST off Junction 28, and there is a really good Designer Outlet off the same roundabout! It was also acroiss the road from a brewers fayre, so if you need a break from the hotel just for a drink, it was nice to have that option.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the same level as the leisure centre!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Harriette R
Angela H, Manager at The Derbyshire Derby, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your five star review, I am really pleased you had such a relaxing time, the staff do like to extend a warm Derbyshire welcome to all our guests. I am only sorry this was not the case at the Leisure Reception, I will certainly speak to the Leisure Manager to ensure she completes corrective training with her team.

I do hope you visit us again in the near future and hope you have a successful trip away

Reviewed January 5, 2014

2nd visit to this Hotel in the last month for pure relaxation purposes.Cannot fault anything,we have been allocated 2 lovely rooms have paid extra on both occasions for an upgrade but the 2nd room was definitely a cut above.Evening meal was delicious, wine lovely breakfast delicious, staff amazing this Hotel should be very proud of their staff especially Mark Fairweather on Reception he is so professional and caring for me first impressions are very important and he goes the extra mile.

Will be back to stay here most definitely again very soon can't wait.

Very kind regards

Katherine Teal.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Manager at The Derbyshire Derby, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review, I am pleased everything was fabulous, the staff especially Mark will be most pleased with your comments. I do hope you visit us again soon making a third visit !

Reviewed January 2, 2014

this hotel is well worth the money , the food is really nice , we had a really fresh well thought about dinner on the set menu , if you are looking for a massive plate of buffet though you can head over the road ..but try the food here its really delish , the beds are comfy , our room the t.v was a little old but we didn't need to watch it as we where in the spa ect all weekend , for the money it is very good value .

we are back this weekend for a shop a few drinks and a dip in the pool.

Room Tip: hopefully leaving a good review the manager may read this and up grade me :) wink :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Angela H, Manager at The Derbyshire Derby, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for our great review should we have seen your review earlier I think an upgrade would have been possible ! I am glad you found the Derbyshire Hotel to be good value and you enjoyed the delicious food Chef will be pleased to read your comments.
Hope to see you again soon