My boyfriend and I went to the Derbyshire hotel as a I will be leaving the UK for 5 weeks, and this was to be our last weekend together for a while. On making the reservation, I work in a hotel myself and know how hard and stressful this can sometimes, be. The reservation team were excellent, a lady called Enid took my reservation, and she could not have done more to make me feel welcome and appreciated for making the booking. So I hope she gets recognition for that! Upon check-in we were kept waiting for a 10-15 minutes, but again we didn't mind as the atmosphere was relaxing and warm and friendly, we were greeted by all members of staff and were asked if we had been seen by a receptionist as they didn't want to keep us waiting! Recognition of a guest goes a long way, and to be kept in the loop and acknowledged by every member of staff just passing through reception was lovely. We checked in, and our room was beautiful, I was expecting a horrid, view but for the location of the hotel it was great! The bathroom was lovely and clean and bright! And there was always hot water which is sometimes hard to find! When we went later that evening to use the leisure facilities, and unfortunately the only thing to let that down was the receptionist on the desk who wasn't bothered to explain how to use them and where to go! We didn't mind that the sauna was broken, as we hadn't on planned to use it, but it was good that they had information signs for guests. The pool was a lovely temperature to relax into and the Jacuzzi was gorgeous. The lights inside the pool against the darkness of the cold winters night looked beautiful, and it made me even more relaxed! We were on a DBB package, and when you pay less, you expect minimal, in this case it was more than satisfactory I was stuffed! The food was scrumptious and each waiter who was on shift was delightful, I am unaware of the gentlemen's name that served us but he did his job perfectly and we were made to feel like nothing was a problem. We did order breakfast but some how our breakfast card had gone missing but the reception staff were very helpful and quickly got our breakfast to us, and as it was an hour late we needed a late check-out, and we were not charged for this! I thought that was a lovely way to say sorry and we will definitely be back as it is not to far away for us, but far enough to get away! Fully recommend it, and ask to stay on the floor, one flight of stairs down as it is on the same floor as the leisure centre. It is JUST off Junction 28, and there is a really good Designer Outlet off the same roundabout! It was also acroiss the road from a brewers fayre, so if you need a break from the hotel just for a drink, it was nice to have that option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family-friendly and very comfortable, you'll feel relaxed from the moment you arrive. Near the heart of the Peak district where you will find delightful walks and spectacular views. Chatsworth House, fun-packed thrills of Alton Towers, and extensive shopping at East Midlands Outlet are all nearby. Enjoy our modern gym, indoor pool, spa bath and optional health & beauty treatments. Beautiful suites available for meetings and events, from conferences to weddings. If you are planning a trip abroad, the hotel is just 30 minutes from East Midlands Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your The Derbyshire Derby reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Derbyshire Hotel South Normanton
- Derbyshire South Normanton
- The Derbyshire Derby South Normanton, UK