“Outstanding Allrounder”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in South Normanton
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Allrounder”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night as part of the Travel Zoo Package - From the moment we walked into reception we were treated like royality, It is clear the management are very much in control of this hotel and ensure that all guests are treated with the upmost of high quality of customer service from the receptionist staff, to the Bar Staff the restaurant staff and even the cleaners in the hall ways acknowledged you with a Good Morning or a Good Afternoon. The Room was clean and the bed extremely comfortable, The meal in the Restaurant was excellent and to top the icing on the cake the Breakfast was first rate. I would like to commend this hotel for providing such an exemplary offer, we will certainly be staying again in the very near future. Thanks

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GlynnJ, General Manager at The Derbyshire Derby, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear stevelew1s,

Thank you so for taking the time to review your stay here at The Derbyshire Hotel with our Travelzoo offer.

Its is very encouraging to read that you found our levels of customer service to be so high, we work hard to give our guests a fantastic experience and pride ourselves on providing an excellent level of service in all areas.

It's great to see that you found your bedroom to be clean and that the bed was comfortable for you. I will pass on your feedback to our housekeeping team who will be very happy to hear your comments. I am also pleased that you found dinner and breakfast to be of such a high standard, I will make sure the team receive your great feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future,

Glynn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Eastleigh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed the one night on a Travel Zoo deal, ie. 2 course meal with wine, bed and breakfast. All very nice, wide selection at dinner, excellent breakfast, helpful staff, comfortable room and a peaceful nights rest. If you fancy a walk, about 20 minutes away up Carter Lane East, is a McArthur Designer Outlet Village with a wide selection of shops. Very easy to get to, the M1 motorway is on the doorstep, which by the way you will hear little traffic noise in the Hotel. A very pleasant experience, made even better by the fact it was our anniversary.

1 Thank johnnyno3
Dear johnnyno3,

Thank you so much for your lovely review following your stay at The Derbyshire Hotel.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay on our Travelzoo offer, and that you found dinner, breakfast, your bedroom and our staff to be very nice. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team who will too be most pleased.

It's great to see that you had chance to visit the East Midlands Designer Outlet, just a short distance from the hotel.

Congratulations on your anniversary, I hope you choose to come back and stay with us soon.

Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night whilst working locally. The hotel is not bad but the best description I could give is average.
I ate in the bar area and the food was decent but over priced, I would normally have room service but a £5 tray charge is very steep. Also be aware you have to pay for wifi in the hotel.
My room was comfortable although the furniture was a little dated. The tv was a big box set with only around 10 tv channels and no working tv guide which was a little frustrating.
Breakfast was ok but the beans and bacon were luke warm at best. At £79 B&B I expected a little better, I would probably try the Premier Inn nearby next time.

• Stayed March 2013
GlynnJ, General Manager at The Derbyshire Derby, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear bsnsjone,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay at The Derbyshire Hotel.

I am disapointed that you would only describe your experience as average, however we value all feedback from our guests as it allows us to improve on the services we offer.

We do regularly complete an analysis of other 4* hotels in the area, and so I am sorry that you found the food and beverage prices to be a little higher than you would have expected. We do offer free WIFI for 30 minutes, and can offer bundles for longer periods of time if our guests need it.

I will certainly investigate the heat of the breakfast buffet, I apologise you did not find some items to be less warm that you would have liked. We will also be updating our televisions very soon, and I am glad you found your bedroom to be comfortable.

Thank you for your comments, and I do hope you choose to stay with us again,

Bury, Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We booked this hotel for an overnight stay for a family celebration. Pleasantly surprised on arrival staff very approachable and efficient. We were hungry and needed a small snack on looking at the prices for a sandwich and a bowl of chips we though they were a little on the high side and we were going to order for in our room until I noticed that there was a £5 charge for this - not a good idea, therefore, we didn't eat!! There is a pub across the road but it is a pub for families and it was packed to the rafters so we didn't stay there either. There are no other facilities nearby. Breakfast was okay, there was plenty of food both hot and cold and it was constantly replenished. Staff in the breakfast restaurant were efficient and very helpful. A pot of coffee/tea on the table would be better than having to ask for a refill! The hotel could do with a refurb in some areas the carpets were threadbare in many places and coming apart at the seams in some corridors. The room was lovely and we couldn't fault it at all. For all that I have said I would definately stay there again if visiting the area.

Room Tip: We had a room in the 'basement' and we had no noise i can't comment on any other floors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GlynnJ, General Manager at The Derbyshire Derby, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear melodymcgrath,

Thank you for your review following your stay at The Derbyshire Hotel.

I am pleased that you found the reception team to be approachable and efficient, as well as the restaurant staff to also be efficient and very helpful. We pride oursleves on providing our guests with fantastic service and I will be sure to pass on your comments.

I can assure you that we regularly complete an analysis of the pricing of other 4* hotels in the area, to ensure that we set our prices in accordance, so I am sorry that you did find our food prices to be higher than you would have liked.

Its good to see that you thought your room was lovely and enjoyed breakfast, - I will certainly make sure our housekeeping and chef teams hear of your feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future,

ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

On 16th March, my husband Ozzy and I (Anne) went to this hotel on a special cheap deal from Travelzoo, my bro' and sister-in-law came too, the hotel was superb, very very clean and sparkling!! The staff were really lovely, very polite and we didn't wait long for our dinner in the evening which was gorgeous and presented excellently, the breakfast was self service and equally nice, FULL MARKS for them!!!!

Room Tip: we didn't see the children activities and didn't use the spa.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GlynnJ, General Manager at The Derbyshire Derby, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Ozzy and Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay using your Travelzoo offer at The Derbyshire Hotel.

I am so pleased that you found the hotel to be clean and sparkling, we do take great pride on the presentation of our facilities. The staff will be very happy that you found them to be so lovely and polite, and that your dinner and breakfast was well presented and enjoyable, I will pass on your great feedback to the team.

I hope you choose to stay with us again,

hyde cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed with my wife and sister plus brother in law for one night 16th march, on a travel zoo deal. Lovely hotel, with a pub close by, as the pint here was over 4£, really dear.staff in the hotel are excellent and cant do enough for you, we did'nt pay for our meals other than for the sweets as deal included 2 course meal, bottle of wine, and breakfast for £79 for both of us.only setback was the badly cracked was basin in our bathroom, if i was to be a moaner, would we stay again yes, also a retail park not far away for shopping if you like.thanks to all the staff for a very professional attitude for our stay Brian and vanda room 174.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Brian and Vanda,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Derbyshire Hotel.

I am so pleased you had the chance to take advantage of our Travelzoo offer, and found the hotel to be the ideal place for a relaxing weekend away.

The staff will be very happy to hear your comments on their excellent service; I will be sure to pass these on for you.

I will make sure our maintence team take a look at the basin in your room to ensure any issue is dealt with quickly.

It's great that you had chance to visit the East Midlands Designer Outlet as this is a fantastic local attraction and very handy for our guests looking for entertainment within walking distance.

I look forwrad to welcoming you to the hotel again in the near future,

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Booked this stay through a Groupon offer, Very good location, handy for M1 and A38.
We had a very pleasant stay here; on arrival the reception staff are very pleasant and efficient. We had a relaxing Sunday afternoon followed with an evening meal in the restaurant, which was very good too. Nice choice of wines on the menu,. We enjoyed our coffees and a drink in the Tempus bar, my partner happy as able to watch football! The rooms are looking a little dated, (no flat screen TV's yet) but the room was cosy, comfortable and clean. Fluffy white towels in a very clean bathroom and lashing of VERY hot water. The mini fridge in the room is useful too. I would just like to add that we did have a valid complaint, (which there is no need for a mention here), which I brought to the managers attention, they were happy that they were given the chance to put this right, and they were more than accommodating. So my advice is if you have a valid concern, please bring this to their attention and give them the opportunity to sort it out.
I would be happy to recommend this hotel, though not quiet sure it rates as my idea of 4*

Dear Deni34,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Derbyshire Hotel following your recent stay using your Groupon voucher.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and that you found our reception team to be efficient and pleasant, I will certainly pass on your comments to the team.

Its great to see thank you also enjoyed your evening meal and found our wine selection to be good. We do offer a variety of different beverages to compliment our restaurant dishes. The Sky Sports in the bar has proven very popular, I am pleased your partner managed to watch the football in the lounge.

I will pass your feedback to our housekeeping team as it is very pleasing to read that you found your room to be clean, cosy and comfortable. We do have plans to upgrade our televisions and this should be happening very soon.

It is very encouraging to see that you gave us the chance to rectify the issue you brought to our attention - we always take feedback seriously and welcome the opportunity to address any issues as soon as we can to ensure the quality of your experience with us.

I hope you choose to stay at The Derbyshire Hotel again soon,

3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,120 reviews
Ringwood Hall Hotel
Ringwood Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Brimington

Been to The Derbyshire Derby? Share your experiences!