Derbyshire Hotel
The Boundary Hotel(South Normanton)(Great Value!)
$55
Mour Hotel(Annesley)
$88
$85
Hotels.com
Travelodge Mansfield Hotel(Sutton in Ashfield)
$48
Travelodge
Eastwood Hall(Eastwood)
$67
Clifton Hotel(Mansfield)
$72
No availability for your dates from our partners
Travelocity
1,747 results
All reviewstravelzoo dealdesigner outletleisure facilitiessteam rooma travel zoo dealevening mealtrouser pressbreakfast was buffet stylepeak districtweekend breakrestaurant staffbed and breakfastchatsworth housebit datedexcellent value for moneyself servicetea and coffee
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for one night only and was surprised how small the room was (Room 145). The front desk staff were unwelcoming. The room was like a sauna in the night. The WiFi was very poor and a strange system of being free for 30 minutes before having to log on again with all personal details. The buffet breakfast was in the main cold and totally lacking in service.

Overall this hotel lacks any character or friendliness and when I checked my bill after leaving I noticed I had been overcharged by some £14 charging me for an extra breakfast ?? The overcharge was subsequently refunded but I will not be revisiting this overpriced hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
GlynnJ, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear BrightonUKMike42,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Derbyshire Hotel.

I am disappointing to see that you felt unwelcome when you arrived at reception; we usually get great feedback about how friendly and welcoming our team are and I apologise that you did not receive the level of service you expected on check in, or at breakfast.

We do offer WIFI cards which enable you to stay logged on, and I am sorry that you did not find our 30 minutes free system to work for you. Usually the signal is good throughout the hotel so I apologise on this occasion it seemed not to have been. I will be sure to look into the heating in the bedroom to ensure the temerature remains comfortable.

Breakfast is served in the Tempus Restaurant, and we do receive a lot of positive feedback in this area so its disapointing that the food available was not as hot as you would have liked.

I am pleased that the error on your bill was corrected for you, and if you would like to discuss any of the points in your review in more details, please don't hesiate to contact me.

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a conference hotel overlooking the M1 motorway so ideal for easy access. Good points are access, leisure club includes gym, sauna, small pool and jacuzzi, it seems well run. Less good is that it is right next to the M1 although I could not hear it, the prices of the food and bar are expensive £4.95 for a pint of beer and the portions for meals are small for the cost. The room heating is a bit strange but warm enough, I would be concerned that in summer it would be too hot and you would not want the window open this close to the M1.
Would I stay again? Yes if necessary but not for pleasure more it of necessity.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Max4s,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay here at The Derbyshire Hotel.

It is pleasing to see that you found the hotel easy to access, and enjoyed our leisure facilities whilst you were staying with us.

Being located at Junction 28 of the M1, we are fairly close to the motorway however generally our feedback indicates that noise is very rarely an issue and that the hotel is normally very quiet and peaceful.

We do regularly undertake analysis of other 4* hotels in the area to ensure that our food and beverage pricing is in line with our competitiors, so it is disappointing to read that our bar prices were more than you had expected. I am sorry you found the portion sizes to be less than you would have liked, these are standard sizes but we do have a selection of different types of dishes available.

Thank you for your comment in regards to the room temperature, I will look into this to ensure bedrooms are at the most comfortable temperature for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I attended a Rotary function last evening and for the second year running I was served one of the most delicious, different in the very best sense, main course meals. Starter and cheese board were also very good too. Service was discreet and good. Thank you.

It's a pity you're so far from my home because I'd love to sample your daily vegetarian meals.

Room Tip: Didn't stay there so unable to comment
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank NottinghamEssexGirl
GlynnJ, General Manager at Derbyshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear NottinghamEssexGirl,

Thank you for your recent review following the event you attended at The Derbyshire Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your meal, and that your main course was "superb". The team will be very pleased you found the service to be good as well as discreet.

I hope you are able to visit the hotel again soon,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We booked this hotel for a family get together. After reading some of the reviews we were beginning to wish that we'd booked somewhere different, anyway we went, not expecting much. It was lovely! Easy to find. Clean, comfortable and welcoming. The food is fantastic. The lad that cleaned our room (168) was very helpful and friendly. The staff couldn't do enough for us, even taking photo's of us, Thank you. The waiters, waitresses & bar staff are polite and helpful. Alan (waiter) "You are fantastic" (from the large table of 11 on Friday & Saturday 22/23rd Feb.) The rooms are warm & comfortable. The spa is lovely. We were booked for Dinner Bed & Breakfast, the food is fantastic and lots of it. The drinks are a bit expensive but that's to be expected in a hotel. Thank you for a wonderful weekend :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kate M,

Thank you for your recent review following your stay here at The Derbyshire Hotel.

It is very encouraging to read that you would recommend us, and to say the hotel is fabulous is really great feedback. I am so pleased you found us easily, and that your bedrooms were clean and comfortable for your family.

Our Chefs will be most pleased that you enjoyed the food throughout your stay, and I will pass on your lovely comments to Alan and the restaurant and bar team - I am so pleased they helped make your get together extra special.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon,

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on a trvelzoo deal with my wife. The hotel semed quite busy but we were dealt with quickly on the fony desk. The girl however forgot to inform the restaurant of our 7.30pm. reservation or give us our wine voucher
The room was clean and tidy and adequate for our needs. There was however evidence that it had been used by smokers due to the pile of cigarette ends just outside the bedroom window.
We turned up at the restaurant at our booked time to be told we didnt have a reservation however we were quickly accomodated. There were two groups of 7/8 people sat round tables making a fair ammount of noise. The food was tasty but the menu was a bit limited. Sleep overnight on nightone was ok.
Things changed on day 2. We spent the day touring around the area which was great. We had booked a meal at 7.30pm on the second evening. On our arrival in th bar area we were greated by a wall of noise being created by 18 males sat in a large group in the middle of the bar area. Unfortunately they all trooped into the restaurant just before we did and the noise got louder. They were like a bunch of kids who had been let out for the first time. A number of people commented on the noise but nothing was done about it. We were sitting adjacent to a couple on the same deal as us who were on their first travelzoo outing, they were not impressed. We left without finshing our meals proper and commented to the staff. They were all apologetic but seemed unable to do anything about the noise. The following day at breakfast I again mentioned the group to staff and gathered that this group were frequent visitors!!
It appears therefore that large groups are preferred to bread and butter guests such as myself and in view of this I certainly will not be revisiting this establishment and would advise any couple
thinking of a visit to go elsewhere. The staff were all very helpfull.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Barry C

Dear Barry C,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Derbyshire Hotel following your recent stay.

I am pleased that your check in was quick for you, and I apologise for what seems to be a miscommunication in regards to your restaurant table booking.

It is great to see that your bedroom facilities were suitable for you, but I am very shocked to read that you found some evidence to suggest the bedroom had been smoked in. We do operate a very strict non smoking policy and can assure you that this is something that occurs less than rarely.

On the nights of your stay, we did have a group of guests staying with us however as I am sure you will appreciate noise levels are very difficult to control, particularly in a busy restaurant environment. I am sorry you were caused some disturbance.

All of our guests are very valued, and all feedback is greatly appreciated, so I do hope you choose to try The Derbyshire Hotel again. If you wish to discuss your stay in more detail, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.