“An Excellent Hotel with very friendly staff!”

Hotel Saikripa Gangtok
Ranked #47 of 115 Hotels in Gangtok
Santa Clara, California
“An Excellent Hotel with very friendly staff!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

It always gives me a nostalgic feeling since I spent my honeymoon here back in 2009. The hotel facilities are great and the best of all the staff. We were taken care in every manner from - very nice, decorated, comfortable rooms with the view of the mountains, to excellent food, very amicable staff, even our sight-seeing was arranged by the hotel who provided a car with a driver which arrived on time. Totally recommend this hotel to everyone who visits Gangtok. Thanks, Shoubhik Mukherjee. California. USA.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Hi I am Shankhadip Thakur working in an MNC in Marine industry, due to my job I use to travel all over India and experiencing different service in different kind of hotels. For my honeymoon I had selected Saikripa group for my entire trip in Sikkim. Trust me I never ever experienced such hospitality service, I was feeling like I am in my relative place they way they help and do the service, I would like to specially thankful to Mr Chakraborty for his excellent arrangement and service. I had stayed in Saikripa Gangtok hotel for three days . Services was excellent with delicious compliment breakfast and food, chef is world class chef. Would recommend this place for its maintenance and location cum support. Service by Mr Chakraborty and Mr Nandy was excellent and made most memorable. Would like to opt for my next visit to Gangtok too Station pick up arrangement was fantastic/hassle free. Highly recommended . I will again go with Saikripa

Room Tip: Top floor room just fabulous...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

We two families booked the package of gangtok- lachen -lachung - pelling for 8n 9d with saikripa.
the attitude of the manager at gangtok hotel on arrival was rigourous that as if he is giving an indication what a big mistake we have done by booking with saikripa.the words of manager which made us laugh throughout the trip
1." itna thandi main nahaana bhi nahin chahiye".bcos there was no light.
2."aapka samaan teesre floor se neeche layiye".bcos roomboy is packing our lunch.
3."hamaare yahan toh khaana aisa hi milega".bcos cook is on holiday.
4."aapko poora payment karna padega.ye hotel ka rule hain".
5."yeh phone main sirf incoming hain hain outgoing nahin" we just wanted to call dominoz for dinner and our phone had no network.
3 nights at sikkim was worst experience only bcos of one person" the manager mr. nandi"- least bothered.
if he had only given a proper guidance that if we dont like the food please hire a taxi to mg road we will get any type of food as we like.
Lachen( hotel snow valley) : we reached at night 8.no light no back up.temperature was 7-8°. kitchen at top with no heating arrangement.the staff was happy when we said we will not take dinner. Next day at lunch no rotis only rice as per hotels so called rules.
Lachung 2n(hotel tashi yankel)and pelling 2n (rabdentese residency) : now we got some sought of enjoyment here .friendly and dedicated staff.prompt services and never said no for anything.
Overall:
1.requires improvement(quality and variety) in food a lot at all the hotels.
2.staff at gangtok and lachen : change ur attitude or change ur field.
3.staff at lachung and pelling : excellent.
4.vehicles provided:good.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank girishsurana
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 25, 2014

In two words: Terrible and Pathetic.
Based on reviews we had booked room for 3N stay. The location is very outskirt of city, totally deserted, and what you see from your room window is another hotel under construction (yeah.. another tall hotel is under construction adjacent to it). Moreover, there are no signal of mobile at this hotel location. Pathetic!! No Lift. It is 2km from main gangtok and believe me the hilly slopes on road are so high that it's no easy walk. Moreover,room heater are charged separately at Rs.400/8Hr.
Only good thing is their food, which is satisfactory.
We spoiled our vacations, you better avoid it. you will find plenty of hotels in main market (near taxi stand) at same/cheaper cost, with better condition/views/comfort.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Robin G
Reviewed March 12, 2014

February 19th to 26th 2014
I was on a tour to Pelling-Gangtok-Lachung-lachen arranged by Saikripa, the tour was excellent and they are very helpful in every aspect. It was feeling like in our own home. The room boys were very respectful and helpful. I suggest my friends to choose Saikripa in North-East tour.
Tour ta khub valor jonno Anirban da ke very very thanks.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank ranjitgomes
Guwahati, India
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had a great time in Sai Kripa,Gangtok on the very first week of this new year 2014 with my 2 best friends. We were 3 friends and the hotel offered us a great hospitality and we were immensely pleased with its cleanliness and all the travel arrangements made by the hotel.It had a great accuracy in all the travel itineraries.The tour to Changu lake and Baba Mandir was great as arranged by the hotel.The issue of permit to visit these places were hassle free for us as was arranged by the hotel.The next trips to Darjeeling was also great and we were even dropped to NJP on hotel's arrangement.Though the hotel was a bit far from MG Market yet we were quite pleased with the overall stay,travel and food.Very thankful to Mr.Chakraborty and the owner and would soon travel to Gangtok again with my family and hope to enjoy the same kind of stay again...Thanks to all in Sai Kripa!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Rhituraj
Pune, India
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Hi we stayed at Sai Kripa for 2 days starting 1st Jan to 3rd Jan.We booked this hotel after going through reviews.The owner & Mr. Chakraborty are very helpful.I did my most interaction with them.We felt location is a bit far from market but the hotel in right on the road you don't have to much search for.It has good connectivity with market by taxi with a fare if 10 Rs per person.We stayed in 401& 402.402 was spacious than 401 bathrooms were clean but I felt carpets should also have cleaned.Room service is very excellent.The cook & room service both were very proactive & useful.As we had kid they always tried to help us to provide with warm water & milk.The only dissappoinment is unavailability of room heater.So it was a bit difficult for my parents.So while booking & boarding you can check with owner as he is very helpful.We left our valuable cards at Hotel but he took all the pain to courier those back in our one phone call.Moreover the room service boy got the same & returned to manager & gave us a call.Im wholesome it's very good hotel in budget with best room service staff.

• Stayed January 2014