I stayed in this hotel in the first week of May 2013 with family. Frankly, I was very sceptical about staying here as it did not have very great reviews, however we went ahead as hotels of our choice were not available for the said dates.
But we never will regret our decision of staying here. Its a nice property with well maintained rooms albeit bang in the middle of the town. We had Club valley rooms that were comfortable and spacious enough to accommodate 2 adults n 2 kids. The staff was very helpful and cheerful.
Only improvement required is on the buffet menu as becomes quite repetitive n boring however the staff is wiling to help with alternatives if you have fussy eaters with you (read kids;)).
Overall a good stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst such lush green hilly terrains, a breathtaking topography and misty mountains, emerges The Royal Plaza [A Sarovar Hotel] at Gangtok, the Capital of Sikkim. This luxury hotel is ideally located and one of its kind in all of Sikkim and the North East. The Royal Plaza aptly complements the exotic locale. It provides a magnificent view of a valley with a tributary of the Teesta River and an extension of the Khanchendzonga Range from the guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your The Royal Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Plaza Hotel Gangtok
- The Royal Plaza Gangtok, Sikkim