We went for dinner there and it was excellent. To get there you need to walk a bit as the local taxis do not drop you to the hotel. The view is great and it is an awesome place for a sunday afternoon brunch. Just enjoy the views and hope it doesnt rain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elgin Nor-Khill ("the house of jewels")is known for its tradition and ethnic Sikkimese ambiance. It is now a luxury heritage property. The Kanchan garden affords a rich view of the hills with the Mount Kanchenjungha in the background, which inspired the Chogyal (King) of Sikkim to paint for hours. The Elgin Nor-Khill was built by the King of Sikkim in 1932 and is the oldest heritage property in Gangtok, the property has played host to numerous celebrity guests such as his holiness The Dalai Lama, Hollywood stars Sir Richard Gere, Michael Douglas and Shirley Maclaine, the US Ambassador to India His Excellency John Galbraith and many more. The lobby is resplendent in the bright folk Sikkimese art with design motifs depicting dragons and flame symbols to thankas and ornate Sikkimese furniture (bachu, chocsue) and traditional jewelry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your The Elgin Nor-Khill, Gangtok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elgin Nor-Khill Gangtok Hotel Gangtok
- Nor Khill Gangtok
- The Elgin Nor-Khill, Gangtok Sikkim