“Honeymoon with Nettle and fern”

The Nettle and Fern Hotel
Ranked #1 of 212 Gangtok B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Words cant express the stay at Nettle and fern. Right from welcome till send off we had a great time at this hotel. The best hotel for a honeymoon couple. We calm, cosy and aesthetically modelled room with all facilities. We loved the staff of the hotel. They maintain the hotel spic and span. The view from the valley view room is awesome. Best location and best place to stay at Gangtok

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Nettle and Fern Hotel

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I am so glad that i chose The Nettle and Fern Hotel for my honeymoon trip. We received an excellent service and most of all what i liked is the warm smile i found on every one's face there. The room service, the front office reception and all are just very good. I really loved every part of being in the hotel. I can promise one thing for sure that next time i visit Gangtok, I am going to stay in the same hotel. The only issue i faced was informed to them (fans in the rooms) and they have promised to work on that soon. The restaurant below is also good as far as the quality is concerned but has to be a bit more fast and also add more to the complimentary breakfast menu so that guests can have more to choose from. Apart from these two, the hotel was perfect in every other way. I and my wife and the other couple who came with me the hotel were so impressed with everything. I also appreciate the team to have arranged for the flower bouquet in the rooms on my request.I would rate them a 9 on 10.

Room Tip: Please ask for Valley View Super Deluxe Suite Rooms. They are just awesome. They give you a perfect...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed at the Nettle and Fern hotel for 2 nights in April 2012. The owner Naresh was very helpful and patient and helped us plan (and arranged) our trip to Gurudongmar lake. The hotel is new and has a very modern feel. The rooms are small but clean. The valley view rooms offer excellent views of the mountains. The staff is helpful and friendly.

It is a 5-min walk to the main market which makes it very convenient. There is a restaurant below where you can have your meals. The food is ok but service is kind of slow. No complaints about the hotel.

Room Tip: Take a valley view room. The views are good and you don't feel cramped.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Cosy rooms, stunning views, lovely staff and great food - what more can one ask of a hotel? Go during the monsoons and you might get a discount. On the other hand, you may not get to see the Kanchendzonga! But on our last morning she obliged. The clouds finally parted and there she was in all her radiant, snowy glory. I'm not sure Nettle and Fern had anything to do with this but I feel like thanking them anyway :-)

Room Tip: The higher the rooms the better the views of what you've essentially come to see - The Himalayas...
Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We spent 3D’s and 4 N’s at this hotel so here is our verdict J. The hotel is extremely well designed to offer the right mix of privacy and sociality to honeymooners and tourists. The view from the hotel into the deep valley below and the panoramic view of the Kanchunjunga offers an escape from anything city-like whereas its proximity to the lively promenade at MG Marg or the next door Rachna bookstore (which is also a hang out for “dreamers”) offers classy options to the downtowner. Indoors, the hotel offers comfortable and chic lounging and sleeping options along with intercontinental food and drink options, which in our experience proved to be astonishing across continents! What completely grasped our imagination and appetites, budget travellers that we were, was the thoughtfully planned enormous complimentary breakfasts’, offering a choice between Indian and English. Each night, when we stretched ourselves on our cosy beds, a thought ran through – someone has really spent a lot of time and energy designing this place, the handpicked photographs on the landing, the fire place “chulas” on the terrace, the woody basement bar with frames of rock bands through the ages and the wide wide range of magazines, compliment the cheerful, eager but reserved demeanour of the hotel’s local staff. I'll put this hotel not just on my must stay list, but definitely also on my must see one!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the terrace are exotic, and the long tread up makes it all the more enjoyable
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nafis_Hasan
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed few months back at this place. Superb location just 5 min walk to central market. Rooms are good well furnished and clean though little small though. Owner lady is very helpful. She helped us plan our trip ahead to Yumthand and Mt Katoo.

Room Tip: Choose rooms with a view of Gangatok Hills
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

After a long research, I chose this hotel. I got a very less reviews from the internet, but it seem to be a good hotel with those little reviews. I stayed there for three nights. The hotel was really good. I took a delux room and a Suit Room. Both the goods were very good, clean and from the suit room there was valley view. The suit room was spacious. Every kind of amenity was there. I have a 1.5 year old daughter, and it was great experience for her too to go here and there due to spacious room. The food was good. The reception person did every efforts to fulfill our needs.
Lastly, it was really a 'value for money' place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family