“Excellent place to eat Veg. food”

Ranked #25 of 113 Restaurants in Gangtok
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I visited this restaurant and found the service, food and the atmosphere just excellent. I had apprehension, whether we could get good veg. food in Gangtok. But when I got this place, I was sure that I am at good place.
We ordered some Roti and Veg plus Khichdi and Kadhi (a very staple food) and found it very tasty. We felt very satisfied after we finished our lunch. I just asked the waiter as to who is the owner. Then he pointed to an old man. I met him and thanked him for leaving us replete with satisfaction. He said he does not own it but taken it on lease from the Tourism dept to run it. He has been doing it for many years and was passionate to give the best to the tourists.

1  Thank sanjivmulye
There are newer reviews for Rasoi (Blue Sheep) Restaurant

Reviewed December 2, 2011

This is a good restaurant if you are a Veggie. We had stopped a couple of times to have lunch while in Gangtok. Their Khichdi or boiled rice porridge is especially good. It is hot but not spicy and can be eaten by travellers from any origin

Reviewed November 18, 2011

This is one restaurant I will never refer to anyone, going to Gangtok..We went tere to have lunch.First of all,their menu card boasts of a variety of cuisines but none of them are actually available..So we had to order the 'thali' as we were really hungry and thought that it will be served asap..But that was a big disappointment as even though we could see the various 'subjis' and 'curries' placed on the serving counter,the waiter made sure we waited for atleast half an hour before serving us..On top of that,the quality and the taste was terrible..We then asked for a simple pav bhaji,availability of which the waiter assured.He returned about 20 minutes later only to tell us that they served pav bhaji only in the evening..Overall we had a pathetic experience..

Reviewed May 12, 2011

Good value and quality for the price. We had lassie a biriyani and the lunch time special.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

This restaurant was quite full, and as we saw the menu , we understood why: they have big and small thali's at great prices:a little thali was 115 INR, and included both Dahl, rice, vegatables, puri and chapati. The fresh orange juice was great too.
The place is right at the start of the mall, next to the tourist office, on a frist floor, and has nice viewa of the mall.