After few busy months, this was a planned holiday with my wife and we chose Mayfair Gangtok for 3 night stay in luxury cottage. My trip was planned last minute and I was quite skeptical of getting this room considering Mayfair one of very few luxury options in and around Gangtok, but being an off season my travel agent did manage my booking. And the best part it was upgraded to suit once I reached there. The quality f room and amenities were superb. As I wanted to relax more and was not keen on anything outside property, I lived the property to fullest.
Day1: We went for couple spa which indeed was fabulous and completely worth the money. It did help me relax and sooth my senses. We enjoyed pool and gym and also the game room. The hotel looked pretty deserted which I was not expecting. Games room has a pool table, carrom, chess and tennis. We enjoyed playing pool. One problem here, there were no attendent to help us and we took a while to figure things out. Swimming pool was excellent and so was the weather.
Day 2: We hired a car with the Mayfair itself and went for 5 point tour, and quite frankly, except for gangtok city's MG Mall Road, everything was quite boring (but these stuff depends, I am not too fond pseudo man made nature watching) this made our day quite tiring but yet all right after a dip in the pool. Same night we went to casino Majhong and it was again a fabulous experience. Casino is highly recommended for all the visitors going to Gangtok.
Day 3: We did not intend to go out for any excursion, so went to their DVD library which had brilliant collection of hollywoods and bollywoods. We hired 3 DVDs and rest of the day was sorted.
We had all the meals in property itself and was quite pleased with the quality of food offered. Only one complaint here- quality and variety in deserts were not enough and did not really match up to the standard of the hotel.
So overall a brilliant experience, a serious burn in pocket but given the quality and standard completely worth it. Would definately look forward to stay in more Mayfair properties
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of Himalayan Ranges and surrounded by green foliage, there lays a luxury sweet home with royal facilities and services in the capital city of Sikkim. Yes, MAYFAIR Spa Resort & Casino Gangtok or MAYFAIR Gangtok is a luxury home for those who come to explore the beauty of Mother Nature. Being a 5-star deluxe hotel surrounded by lush greenery, MAYFAIR Spa Resort & Casino is the pride of the city providing world-class accommodation to honeymooners, nature tour lovers and those who want to spend time in tranquility and luxury. The luxury hotel has total 68 rooms divided into executive rooms, cottages, suites and villas; while spa (award-winning spa facilities), multi-cuisine restaurant, bar facilities, indoor & outdoor games and above all casino make it an ideal destination to enjoy holidays in Gangtok, Sikkim; even entire North East. The home of India's First Five Star Deluxe Live On Shore Gaming Casino and a multiple award winning Spa, Mayfair Gangtok Spa Resort & Casino is a 48 acre large resort situated 10 km away from Sikkim’s capital city of Gangtok by a little known town of Ranipool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mayfair Spa Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayfair Gangtok Hotel Gangtok
- Mayfair Spa Resort & Casino Gangtok, Sikkim