All reviewsrooftop pooltulip restaurantstrategic locationduplex roomduty managerbreakfast spreadcomfortable staymg roadvalue for moneyroom service isthe check in processbusiness hotelthe heart of the cityin room diningexcellent hotelmini barpromenade beach
Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

I just came back from this hotel yesterday and I must say that if you're travelling to Pondicherry, especially with your elderly parents and family, this is the most perfect place to stay in. You can close your eyes and opt for this hotel.

1. The hotel is centrally located and it's a big one with nice interiors.
2. We found the staff to be very cordial. We had initially booked a duplex quadruple room but the staff themselves suggested since we were 5 of us we could shift to bigger connected rooms on the 7th floor with minimal extra pay which we didn't mind since the 2 connecting rooms were bigger, more airy, with a bathroom in each room, and had a nice view. The quadruple room is good for 4 people not 5.
3. The in-room services were also prompt.
4. The food was good and the included breakfast had variety of options to choose from.
5. We didn't get the time to explore much but there's swimming pool on the rooftop.
6. The only reason I rated it 4 is it's not a cheap hotel but with all the facilities and services it's worth all the money.

Thanks for the services!

We stayed for 3 nights
Stay was very comfortable

Pros
-We were with 2 kids aged 3 and 7 years so opted for twin bed to sleep comfortablly.
-Breakfast was good .
- We checked out early in morning at 5am ....so they packed for us some sandwiches and juice....which was nice.

Cons
No open window in room
Jacuzzis was not working
Staff at swimming pool was very strict about costume, and didn't allow anything other than lycra.
Steam was allowed only with massage.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

I was stayin at this place for 2 nights. The place is very well located and not far from the beaches.

Parking available.
Very courteous and helpful staff
Breakfast buffet was really good
The room service is prompt and we loved anything we ordered from the menu.

Very well lit rooms and neat and tidy. The stay was splendid.

Major attractions in Pondicherry are at the max. 8 kms away from hotel.

The place is very apt for the stay.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

Actually the hotel deserves better than 3 rating but definitely not 4.May be 3.5 is more reasonable.
Good things:
Location - in the center of the city, not far from white town and beach.
Facilities - In room and common facilities at the property are more than one can expect from this class of hotel.
Breakfast - the best part of the hotel is this.

Not so good:
Restaurant staff - untrained and unprofessional. I bet if they smile once in a day.
HK Staff: rude and do not care attitude. We were four in quadruple room, the second day post making the room, they removed the towels. When I asked for towels multiple times, I could get only 2 towels. They did not replace coffee, sugar and other items at the coffee maker.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2017

Pros:
1) This is truly a 4 star hotel within budget, in the middle of the city and no outside sound ever came in.
2) All shops and places of interest were within reach.
3) The Promenade beach is within walking distance of around 1km.
4) The lobby, lifts, passage and corridors were well maintained and the ambiance was very good.
5) The rooms (Majesty) were very spacious and neatly decorated.
6) The furniture inside were good and well maintained
7) The AC was working perfect with no sound at all.
8) The Wifi was working well with adequate speed.
9) The bed was very comfortable and big in size
10) The rest room was very good with tub (not in all rooms), hair dryer and shower curtains. No sign of water accumulation and remained always dry
11) The shower was good and hot water was always available. The taps were also easy to adjust the warmth of the water.
12) The fittings were all branded and of good quality
13) We were provided with adequate towels
14) They provided adequate toiletries
15) The restaurant on the ground floor was serving good and tasty food, mostly.
16) Break-fast had lot of options and varieties. Good for kids and non spicy.
17) The behavior of the entire staff were commendable.
18) The room service was very good and prompt.

Cons:
1) The reservation staff also asked for my wife's address and id proof, which irked me a lot mainly because we had booked through makemytrip.com and it was never mentioned there in the first place.
2) The number of milk, sugar, tea/coffee pouches could have been kept more as it was inadequate and had to be called for.
3) The hotel had kept some snacks in the room which our kids had used. They charged double the amount mentioned in the MRP which they are supposed to only if it is in unpacked condition for branded items
4) Instead of two 300 mls of mineral water they could have provided two 1 liters water. When we asked for more water, they provided regular water
5)The roof-top swimming pool was small in size and depth was not much for adults.
6)The Jacuzzi was not at all functioning
7)The toiletries which they provided could have been branded ones
8)The restaurant food could have been cheaper. I felt it was costly.
9) I felt (during break-fast) the pine-apple juice was mixed with more water

Overall a good experience staying in this hotel and this was recommended to me by a friend who had visited a month ago. I would also recommend this place to my known ones.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family