“good,comfortable stay.”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Jayaram
Ranked #37 of 83 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The hotel is reasonably priced and is ideal for a short trip. The rooms are big,clean and well maintained. The bathrooms are pretty good too.Though i would recommend the staff and the reception folks learn functional english.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank vatsav

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great Location.
Their inhouse restaurant has the best south indian veg food possible.
1.5 Km from the Bus Station. I just walked down as found it easier than communicating with the tamil rikshaw walas.
0.5 km to market 2 Km to beach. 1.5 Km to Aurobindo ashram
Rooms were decent. Bed was reasonably comfortable.
Overall a great place to stay when on work.
My associate in Pondi recommended I stay here. I am glad I did.
Its not a place for a vacation stay. If on vacation, select the promenade hotel at the beach.
For work, this is a decent place to put up.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank RohitChawla
Reviewed January 14, 2014

value for money for sure. room service is not very good. good location.language problem with room service people and very rarely come on time when called.food is good and not very expensive. definitely a budget hotel

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank pramod_bidar
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had planned a brief "cousins reunion" in Pondy and we zeroed in on Jayarams for Luch based on the reviews on tripadvisor. We had a request to seat 20 pax. initially we found the restaurant steward to be extremely rude and we were dismissed saying that " we cant seat so many people at a table". we reasoned that tables could be joined together to seat all of us, but he was in no mood to listen.

We decided to take our business elsewere. I just took a chance and escalated the problem to a higher up in the hotel. it took exactly 4 minutes for the steward to change his mind and we were seated in 1 group.

The food was ordinary. Simple south indian thali, highly overpriced.

there are better places in Pondicherry!!

3  Thank ArunSreedharamurthy
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Excellent VFM hotel with an awesome location. Good cheap food. But a few caveats
- Room smelt of cigarette smoke
- Bathroom tap was leaking with a dirty brown stain below it
Can overlook these due to the low price. These would be inexcusable in a 3-4K hotel room, but when you pay 1500, it is just an annoyance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank JagannathMoorthy
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked our stay at Hotel Jayaram from 25th to 29th Dec for a lack of availability at any other hotels at peak season time in Pondy. If there was place available, it was for whopping cost of 7k per night or more!

As glad as I was to have gotten rooms at peak season at a decent price, it was a spark-less stay at Jayaram.
As a vacationer, I would have liked peace to some extent. But, Jayaram situated on the road does very little to help with that. I toured the hotel to find one room where I could get good sunlight with less noise, but failed to do so. The rooms which have window in the east, face some over-crowded alleys and the dirty back side of the hotel. Hence, its a bad view.
Rooms which face the road face the music(crazy traffic noise) at all times. Rooms which face west get quite hot coz of afternoon sunlight, thought the view is good(trees in the hotel). Now, why would I care if I have A/C in the room? Yeah, but when you go to Pondy during winters, its to enjoy pleasant weather and not A/C....

Breakfast at their restaurant is quite good. Going by the queue at night for dinner, its restaurent is quite a popular south Indian food place for Pondy-ites.

In terms of ambience, I frankly found it claustrophobic coz there was no view or fresh air, dungeon-like in terms of the darkness they maintain there. But, going by the queue, ppl quite love the food there.

I liked their parking space as well which was quite spacious.
Service at the hotel was average. Some staff are very attentive and prompt, while some just like to take their time and delay things. They promptly bring stuff on the menu, but do not take any special requests flatly refusing to help out. We had asked for our milk to be cooled before serving and they refused to do that. "As per menu, we will give hot milk. You can cool if you want" was all they could offer. They refused to put some stuff of ours that needed cooling in their fridge as well.

Well, as I started out saying, it was a very sparkless stay at the hotel though the Hotel sparkles at night when decked-up.
I have kicked it and applauded it. Lemme sum it up for you.
Well, would I visit it again...? No.. But, if back in the same situation as this time, would I?....Yes :)

Room Tip: As mentioned, all rooms have some flaw or the other. If you want to be just in the A/C, then pretty...