“Clean Hotel , Friendly Staff , Convenient Location”

Pondicherry Executive Inn Pvt Ltd
Ranked #2 of 82 Hotels in Pondicherry
Bengaluru, India
“Clean Hotel , Friendly Staff , Convenient Location”
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I travel often to Pondicherry and when i am there , the places i visit the most is the Ashram and Auroville Village . Keeping this is mind this hotel has the perfect location as it is walking distance from almost everything you'll need, be it shopping , the ashram or restaurants . And also it is close to the beach road .

To Make things even better the hotel is very clean and quiet and a good place to stay at weather your traveling with friends or family . If your traveling with a low budget or with somewhat of a more lavish budget , they have rooms to suit your needs. Most of all the room is perfect and has all the amenities in them that have been smartly built into the design plan of it. One of the main concerns for most traveller is the bathroom , which is very clean and well maintained .

The staff and the director of the hotel Mrs Beena are very friendly .
My overall experience was great and i would definitely go there again .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Korean first
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed September 25, 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my family in the suite room. I booked the room through online travel agent. I saw the photos and videos and booked the room. When I saw the room I was really astonished to see the room. The room was well furnished and well planned built to the expectation of the guests. The room was very neat and clean. Hats off to the housekeeping staffs. The hotel is maintained properly in such a way it always gives a fresh look. The hotel staffs were friendly and good knowledgable. They guided me to visited all the places in and around pondicherry else i would have not enjoyed my trip. The food was of very superb taste. I felt like having food prepared by my mother. Overall the hotel is excellent and safe for family stay. I will surely recommend my family members and friends to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Dubai, UAE
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I went with 3 of my friends to pondicherry for the weekend. We stayed for one night at the hotel in the Executive Suite. Good room with LCD tv and mini refrigerator. They also give free wifi. Small hotel with around 15 rooms. Value for money. Friendly staff with speedy room service. Restaurant was fine but not great. They provide a complimentary breakfast buffet. Near the sea shore.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Pondicherry
Reviewed September 13, 2010

I came here for a bussiness trip and found this hotel on trip advisor and decided to try it out. I was greeted with much warmth by the Director Mrs Beena upon my arrival. I stayed here for nearly 3 weeks and during my stay I was overall very happy apart from the 2-3 minor issues that I had which were taken up seriously and promptly.

Its really worth the money and you really fel very comfortabkle. the staff are very friendly and courteous. Thats what one looks apart from the cleanliness and comfort when staying in a hotel.The room has a different look and touch,thus giving it a homely ambience.

I recommend anyone and everyone to try this hotel and see for yourself what I mean..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Hyderabad
Reviewed September 13, 2010

We booked this hotel while on our way to the airport. The rate offered suited our budget. Easy to locate. Very close to the beach road. Breakfast was basic but suitable. Rooms and toilets maintained clean. Our room had a balcony, this enabled us to cut off the air condition and enjoy the cool air. Food available at the in-house resturant is acceptable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 26, 2010

I booked this hotel for 3 nights to stay along with my mother. We checked in at 5:45 AM as our bus reach Pondicherry at 5:15 AM.
Since the hotel's site clearly says that they have a 24 hour check-in/check-out policy, we assumed that we would need to check-out at 5:45 AM.

Everything went well until the time of check-out and here starts the frightful experience, one that we will never forget for a long time!!

We checked out at 7:15 AM, that is, an hour and a half late than our scheduled check-out time. When we went to the reception area, the manager said that since we have overstayed by 1.5 hours, we need to pay a full day's charge!

I explained that I wasn't informed of this rule when I checked in, but he was just not willing to listen. He made it sound as if he has done us a favour by allowing us to check-in early morning. No amount of explaining and discussing could budge him from his position. He was adamant that there is no way we can leave the hotel without paying an additional days charge. He asked us to pay the amount and 'get out' of the hotel!! Those were the exact words he used. He threatened us that he will physically prevent us from leaving unless we pay the amount. He also did not leave my mother alone and misbehaved her as well!
Never in my life have I come across such arrogant and threatening behaviour from any of the hotels I have stayed in India. Other hotels I have been to go out of their way to accommodate the tourists but this was just unbelievable!! He was behaving in a very unprofessional way and literally shouting at us! God knows what was wrong with him.

When I mentioned that this will give his hotel a bad experience rating, he said he wasn't bothered about that, he only wanted his money!

At one point of time I even thought about lodging a police complaint but decided against it as we did not want to spoil our vacation and wade into the mess.

I don't really know what else to say, I somehow managed to extricate ourselves from his clutches and somehow managed to catch our bus back to Bangalore.

This is a very scary experience and one that others should definitely take note of when booking rooms at this hotel, especially when you are traveling with families.

Once again, I reiterate --- take heed and be careful when you think about booking a room in this hotel --- you might just end up spoiling your vacation.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
8 Thank abhijit_roy1
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Quiet place, excellent service, comfortable and well supplied rooms, close to everywhere important in Puducherry, good prices, delicious food...

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family