“No Value for money”

Hotel Soorya International
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Hotel Soorya International
Ranked #67 of 74 Hotels in Pondicherry
Hyderabad, India
“No Value for money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We planned for an adhoc family trip to Puducherry from Chennai. We started in the morning and reached there around 1 on Saturday. Being a weekend, we found it difficult to find decent accomodation at budget prices and as we were planning to stay just for a night we approached this hotel. They charged Rs. 2000 for a night but the accomodation and service were absolutely not worth the money. They offered a choice between a room on the ground floor and a room on the top floor, the difference in cost being Rs. 500. But the room upstairs was smelly, musty and ill maintained. Although the room on the ground floor was cleaner, the bar was just below and the restaurant next to it. At around 3 AM our sleep was disturbed due to continuous yelling in the corridor which continued till almost 5 AM. On our way out for shopping, we forgot our key in the room. The hotel staff could not find the spare key and actually made one of their employees open the window from the back side and jump through it to unlock the room. This clearly shows that it is an absolutely insecure place to stay. We ordered food from the restaurant which was bad and expensive. Overall a very pathetic experience. Would not recommend this place to anyone and personally will not visit again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Dont waste your money. Very horrible experience.Rooms are so pathatic.. AC they will off in night n wil say some problem. No hot water no nothing for the price...I visited with family n At the end need to call cops..They are looting like anything !! so Be careful !! dont visit this place at all.

Room Tip: Stay away from city for budjet hotels and if have money then stay near rock beach.. resorts
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank Champ_79

Travelers are raving about these Pondicherry hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

It was a really very bad stay in this Hotel looking from out side it looks good.But actally it sucks out here to stay . Rooms are very very bad. No proper facility . Bad smell from the bed ,pillow, etc. Requesting not to use this by any of the Public . Do not waste your money , fun , time by staying in this HOTEL .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank sudhir031
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very Non veg stuff available, Good for stay with friends may not be suitable for a family I feel not sure but. Very close to the market place hence quick shopping is possible. Ice creams are fantastic. Opposite to an Ice cream parlour which I have not heard off anywhere it meet the Buskin robbins bill but cheaper. Getting a seat on saturday and sunday is lucky

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank krangakumar
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

The receptionist was very helpful and offered to reduce the room rate from 1500 to 1000 Rs; sounded great!

I said I'd be back after breakfast with my bags, and returned 40 minutes later. I was taken to a room in the adjacent building, to the 3rd floor. The lift wasn't working, but that was okay. When I entered the room it was obvious that it hadn't been cleaned properly in at least a month. When I pointed out the dirty floor, the guy did 5 seconds of mopping around near the window. Totally inadequate!
I did not check in

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
7 Thank FrazzledLemur
Chennai - India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

This is the worst Hotel I visted in my Life.I was carried away by the name "International" .Even small lodge/rooms in remote village will score more than this hotel. I have booked this hotel for my December vaccation 2 weeks earlier and paid my RS 5000 for 2 Nights (I was cheated.. One should able to get best A/C accomdation around 1100 RS in pondy. Hotel staff made me to wait more than 3 hrs in reception even though I have booked 2 weeks in advance.I did not get proper respince from the reception staff(She dont understand English/Tamil..) Highschool dropouts are managers here. Having paid 5000 RS I have no choice other than to wait in reception along with my wife and one year old baby.
Afer waiting for 3 hours I managed to get my room and I was totoally Shocked to see that room was not cleaned after the previous guest has left.
Few Remarks about the room:
1) Room is very small and no space is left even to walk
2) Dirty bed and bad smell
3) No Tube lights in room . Only two yellow bulbs one over your bed and another on the wall. In sufficient lighing and ventilation
3) TV with weak signal and No remote control
4) Noicy Window A/C with no temparature control KNOB. A/C blows air around 25 degrees.
5) *** BED BUGS will not allow you to sleep. My self and my baby developed rashes
6) Toilets are worst than public toilets. Lot of stains. Flush did not work. I need to use water from Tap/Bucket to flush.
7) No hot water in the room.
8) They dont even give you bath soap and towels
9) Only one house cleaning boy available for the entire 40+ rooms. When you ask for any service you will get only sfter 4 hrs after constant follow ups.(I asked for hot milk to my baby which I got after 4 hrs). How ever I have managed to get it outside hotel in road side tea stall.
10) Irresponsible hotel managers. They hide them self if you try to reach them.

I have given my detailed experience. I would request all the people who reads my review to stay away from this hotel.
There are lot of good hotels available in pondy with reasonable price around 1100 RS for A/C double. Please check across and have pleasant stay

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank JAXChennai
India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2009

I got this hotel booked via Pannicker travels, Marathahalli , Bangalore ( they are real cheats , i will describe them in another review). The tour package costed me Rs 6500/- for 1 night 2 days from bangalore to pondicherry.
Along with my family we arrived at early morning at Soorya International ( big deal they call themselves international ). I got the AC room for Rs 2500/- with horribly bad bathrooms / WC ( with stains, cockroach, it is like roadside toilet).
The staff is pathetic, don't know how to talk to people. But i had no other option since all the hotels were booked and I managed to vacate within 1 day and move to mahabalipuram.

Do not ever stay in Soorya International nor deal with PANNICKER TRAVELS, MARATHAHALLI, BANGALORE-37

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family