1,456 results
All reviews rooftop restaurant sea facing room light house excellent location small pool sea breeze bay of bengal breakfast buffet gandhi statue white town beach side special thanks visiting pondicherry courteous staff french colony french quarter aurobindo ashram
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Perfect for the one who wants to enjoy the French connection! Hotel located in the heart of the white town.
Surrounded by French villas all around. The sea is just opposite the hotel and rooms are good and specious.
Mr. Asis Kumar very courteous and polite,restaurant food and service was excellent, we will visit again soon, thanks hotel team.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
ledupleixpondicherry, General Manager at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your visit to our hotel and taking the time in sharing your review on Trip Advisor about your experience.

We are glad that you had a great comfortable stay and indeed the location is absolutely amazing.

These kind words of appreciation for the team helps in keeping the morale of the team high, and I shall pass them down to the team personally.

We look forward to your return and assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Reviewed April 3, 2019

Spent one night in a sea facing queen room. Location was wonderful right on the promenade with beautiful views. Pool is small but very enjoyable with a shallow area (1-2') for lounging that is great for kids too. We enjoyed drinks outside in the evening. The breakfast was extensive and delicious. There is noise from the promenade, but that is the trade off for the location!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
ledupleixpondicherry, General Manager at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you had a great comfortable stay.

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at the Promenade. Great location and hotel. The rooftop restaurant probably has the best view in town. Food incl breakfast was great and staff was wonderful (thanks Divya and Kodee).
Please note its not possible to use/swim at beach as access was blocked by the large rocks/promenade. Rooms a little small, but comftable.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We are glad that you had a great comfortable stay.

We take note of your inputs on the facility and upgrade required, shall surely factor them in our operational plan.

Reviewed April 2, 2019

Property is good no doubt on that, location is superb, I enjoyed being there and I believe the relaxing stay in this hotel make my travel much more pleasant, but there are some points which I don't like personally

1. There bar entry is within the main hotel premises so basically every visitors have all the floor access. Really not safe uh!

2. Misses the balcony

3. I have complimentary early check-in but once I reach hotel around 6 AM I didn't find anyone in the reception and on query one staff told me check-in only 2 PM and left, no Hi, Hello or good morning. I waited for almost 2 hrs for someone to really respond to me. Pathetic! Yeah, I did an early check-in at 11 AM. In the mean-time, I did visit Auroville

4. In house mini bar is not free not even cheap and even the snacks are also paid. Not worth the money they are charging for a night.

Few good points

1. Staffs are always smiling and friendly

2. Foods are good but expensive. Try their chicken drum stick and I think they should give some offer to there in house guest.

3. They have a store in the lobby section and the prices are reasonable compared to outside. One should check

Thanks to Hotel Promenade for their hospitality.

Room tip: Check-in any room as they don't have balcony, sea facing not make any sense
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Indeed the location is very central, right in the middle of White Town and equidistant to all must visit places in this part of the city.

Your recognition of team members is truly appreciated, it helps in keeping the morale of the team high, and I shall pass them down to the team personally.

I have taken note of the finer details which were missed by the team, I truly apologize for the inconvenience during your check in and the miserable experience you had to go through;

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Staying at Promenade turned out to be the most wise decision in every respect.
The location of the hotel is just unbeatable.
It’s stone’s throw distance from almost all “must visit” places at White Town except Auroville. The property itself is right on the beach and the walk along the beach early morning or in the evening with wonderful sea breeze is absolutely enjoyable and one can sit on the rocks to enjoy sea waves for hours.
There are many other highlights like having Bharti Park, a lively park, just like an extension of the hotel adds to the charm.
As you walk along on the beach road without a worry in the morning/evening as the traffic is not allowed on it in the early morning and evenings. There is a wonderful “Auroville” store to fulfill your quest for shopping, Lewis Cafe (again having excellent location right on the beach) and as you walk ahead, at the end of the beach road is an Ice cream parlour Gellato serving excellent ice creams in finger licking flavours.
Now about the hotel, the staff is very courteous and the restaurant on top is a must visit for dinner to enjoy the sea breeze and for a drink n dine purpose. The rooms are nice but to improvise need some overhauling and some renovations. A lighthouse adds to the charm of the hotel. Pool is a bit disappointing as it’s very small, since the location of the property is such that it has to compromise and sacrifice space somewhere.
But overall, we had lovely time and a wonderful experience at Promenade.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ledupleixpondicherry, General Manager at The Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2019

Dear Guest,

I have taken note of the finer details which were missed by the team, I take full responsibility and assure you my intervention and action in those areas;