We stayed at The Promenade for 3 days. A lot of people had advised us to stay at one of the charming villas in the french quarter, but we wanted the anonymity and comfort of a regular hotel.
The best part about the hotel was its location. We had a sea facing room and (although the window was small and there was no balcony) the view was awesome. Food was good, service prompt.
The bad parts..the rooms are getting old, wood is creaky, rooms are smaller than they look in the photos. We also had a series of unfortunate events..there were no towels (apparently the towels hadnt come back from the laundry, so we had no towels.....the entire day!!!!), the electricity in our room kept going off ( some fault in the AC, because when the power came on, the AC had conked off), the TV didnt work (had to be replaced!!). It just all happened to us!
Still, the hotel is nice, the staff is good (specially at the reception) and everything is walking distance. A word of advice when booking, though. I looked at all the travel websites, and the hotel's own website..the rates for the room were 10,000 rupees per night. When I called the hotel office(sarovar group) directly, I was given some weekend package (no mention of this on their site), which gave me 2 nights for 10,000! Half of what I would have paid normally.
All the trouble was worth the early-morning walk at the beach, sitting on the rocks and watching the waves. So if you want the comfort and familiarity of a regular hotel while exploring the french quarter and creole cuisine, The Promenade is the est choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Promenade is a luxury boutique hotel on the ocean front of one of India's most beautiful and romantic towns. Most of the rooms overlook the shimmering waters of the Bay of Bengal. Stylishly designed rooms with wooden flooring, specially designed luxury bedding, LCD TV, work desk, Wi-Fi, tea-coffee maker, fully loaded mini bar & electronic safe. DVD player and movies on demand service. All rooms are accented with exquisitely crafted pure leather accessories & an inspiring leather head board. All baths come with a hand dryer, bath tub, magnifying mirror and international 'Bodyshop' toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Promenade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Promenade Hotel Pondicherry
- Promenade Hotel Pondicherry
- Promenade Pondicherry