Le Dupleix
$132
$71
$58
  • Pool
All reviewsthe penthousemango treeheritage hotelwhite towncourtyard restaurantsister hotelfrench quarterrecommend leold world charmsarovar groupheritage feelno elevatorcolonial erafour poster bedtop floorfirst floorcharming hotel
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I had planned a special anniversary surprise for my wife which was on Christmas.

I was put through to the manager who was an absolute gem. She was kind and hospitable and made our evening very special.

Her staff was extremely kind. I must say the epitome of customer service and satisfaction. I had requested for some special arrangements and it was done beautifully.

There was also a violinist who made the evening glow with his symphony. He played wonderfully.

The food was out of this world, a lip smacking 5 course menu.

To end the evening, the staff surprised us with an anniversary cake. I cannot thank them enough for all their efforts.

Kudos to the manager and her team.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your lovely review. I am very pleased that the Le Dupleix team has been able to offer their services as intended by the management. It is our aim to assure that every guest leaves us delighted and I am happy that we have been able to make your wedding anniversary memorable.

Should you visit Pondicherry again in the future, I very much hope to be able to welcome you as our guest once more.

Danielle W.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We spent a weekend at this lovely property that stands in a quiet area of French Quarter. This was out 2nd visit to Pondicherry and we were glad to zeroed upon Le Dupleix which made this trip so memorable.

Ever smiling staff, beautiful designing of common area & incorporation of water body gives this place a serene feeling.

Location - As already mentioned by many travelers, this is at a 5 min walk from the Rocky beach and located on the beautiful part of the city called as French Quarter ( The buildings and streets make you feel like u r in small French hamlet ). If you like staying at buildings of historic significance, this is your bet as it used to be the House of Mayor centuries ago.
If you cannot do without swimming pool & fitness center - this is not the one for u.

Room/Suite - Every room/suite is different and based on the size/sitting area/balcony, the price varies. The staff is really attentive so if you call beforehand and tell your preferences, they'll make sure to give the best option in the range you picked.
Comfortable beds, AC, TV, balcony with lounge chair, bathroom with adequate toiletries - all was in place.

Food - Absolutely delicious ! Their Chef surly know how to make both Indian & Italian cuisine with equal finesse. I also liked the restaurant area which is a great melting place of old & new. The ceiling is made up of carved wooden planks that were restored and seating etc is all comfy & contemporary. We had our b'fast and dinner at the hotel & one of the nights a wonderful violinist played along as we enjoyed our food.
In case you choose to try at different places, there are plenty of eating options, both Fine Dine & café style at walkable distance.

PS - Took out 1 star for not-up-to-mark shower area & small AC issue.

Overall - Loved our stay and will surely come back !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Pondicherry, it was a pleasure meeting you and having you as our guests. I am glad you appreciate the historical significance of Le Dupleix and that the services provided by the entire team have been as intended by the management. Your appreciation of the cuisine offered by our Chef and his team has been conveyed and is an important motivational factor.

I do hope you will visit Pondicherry again in the future, I would be looking to welcoming you as our guests once again.

Danielle W.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at the Le Dupleix for 3 nights with 2 kids. The staff are really friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have a relaxed holiday. The rooms are really nice as well, with a real old world charm. While we stayed in the penthouse rooms on the top floor, which look like an extension, the rooms on the lower floors seemed even nicer.

The location is excellent - in the french quarter, but away from the busy Promenade!

The only complaint, if Im being picky - the bed in the room we were in seemed to sag a bit, which was a bit of a concern since the bed was also very high.

Room Tip: Try and get the rooms on the middle floor. The rooms next to the dining area on the ground floor are best avoided since the entrance to these rooms are through the restaurant!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and thank you for being our guest, it was a pleasure having you and your family staying with us. I am happy that you appreciate the delicate mix of modernity and tradition that Le Dupleix is and that the entire team has been able to make your stay comfortable.

I do hope you will visit Pondicherry in the future, I would be looking forward to welcoming you as our guest again.

Warmest regards,
Danielle

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed in Le Dupleix for my first visit of Pondicherry (and first visit of India). For tourists, this is definitely *the* hotel to stay. The hotel was lovely renovated with modern amenities while retaining the original style of the building. Being a boutique hotel with 14 rooms, the staff really went the extra mile made our stay very pleasant. Despite being a boutique hotel, the rooms are also quite large even by American standard.

It's about 50 meters to the beach, and most good Indian restaurants are within walking distance or a short rickshaw ride.

If I must pick one thing I didn't like, they could spent a bit more effort on maintenance on the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest during your recent, first ever, visit to India and Pondicherry, it was lovely meeting you and having you as our guests.
I am glad the Le Dupleix team has been able to make your stay with us comfortable and memorable and that we have been able to maintain the standards set out by the management.

Should you visit India again, I do hope you will come to Pondicherry....I am looking forward to meeting you again and welcoming you as our guest.

Warmest regards,
Danielle

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed with my spouse in the weekend. Good hotel. Fantastic service. Front office arranged complimentary cake for my birthday which is amazing gift. Lovely experience. My wife arranged special suspense in Chennai but I want spend in home stay hotel. Hotel gave good experience the whole stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
Danielle S, Manager at Le Dupleix, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our guest recently and thank you for your lovely review. It was a pleasure meeting you and I am happy you enjoyed the services provided by us and that the Le Dupleix team has been able to make your birthday special. I do hope you will stay with us again, should you visit Pondicherry in the future.

Danielle S.