“Good Eating Joint”

Ranked #61 of 384 Restaurants in Pondicherry
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Casual sitting area , makes you comfortable to sit and enjoy the restaurant. Very good Indian Food Served

1  Thank Akshay T

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Excellent service and food. Must try. Courteous staff. Decent Ambience. Owner himself helped us in choosing our food. His advice was just right.

1  Thank Mackbhai
Reviewed February 9, 2013

The review of a restaurant in my husband's hometown I swore I will never visit again.

We were asked to wait to more than half hour and were asked by the owner to take the 2 seater though there were empty three seater's. We were just in time to occupy when a waiter stops us midway and tells us it was reserved for the visitor who came in after us. The visitor was kind enough to let us take the seats. This was the first unpleasant experience and from here on it just got worse.

The tables were not cleared and we were left completely ignored by the waiter. It was quite apparent that it was a deliberate attempt. We waited and waited for the menu and waited another 20 minutes for the order to be taken. By now, we were exhausted and felt strange and unwelcome.

We noticed the foreigners were getting a better service and wondered if it was with the problem of being Indian. The waiter took the order and he immediately told us the beer will be charged Rs.100 more than what was mentioned on the menu. We found it rude and extremely humiliating. The order was made and we hoped the food would compensate the lack of quality in service.

The 'fish in white wine' was a total let down. The fish was overcooked and worse, partly stale. The pasta was served with no bread and the quantity was surprisingly less. The taste was pathetic and I was starting feel squeamish and sick.

We did not wait for the bill, and rushed to the counter to make our payment.

This is the worst dining experience in my life and I shall never go back there nor will I care to recommend this restaurant to anyone within my family and friends circle.

2  Thank SreejaBalasankar
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went here for lunch on Saturday and wasn't too impressed. Myself and my girlfriend shared calamari as a starter, the batter was heavy and the calamari was chewy. We both had fish for main course (halibut in garlic butter and basa masala fry), these were better than the starter but nothing amazing. I think there are better places to eat in Pondi

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Excellent , pleasant nice atmosphere. Planned seating arrangement. Dishes taste good and not very spicy and service was prompt and graceful.