“Very good hotel with a decent B'fast buffet”
Review of Accord Puducherry

Accord Puducherry
Ranked #14 of 83 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I have been here sometime ago with a friend, this is a good hotel, nice ambience, lovely property, but the lady in the reception is DAMM RUDE, hope she do not know the word "Hospitality". SHE IS TOTALLY RUDE. others staff are nice and friendly, smile is missing big time, MANAGEMENT PLS TEACH THEM TO SMILE, the amazing thing is, ppl out side the hotel like the security, the door man, the chauffeur, they all smile and welcomes you like how they do it for their own home, even the restaurant guys are very nice.

Coming to the room part, we stayed at 109 i guess, quite a nice room, room service were prompt, the dinner at room was lovely excellent rice and nana with Gobi.

Rooms were cleaned properly, thoses guys were indeed amazing, they love their job and do it perfectly.

OVER ALL, its is a very good place, and its is located right on the road near ECR and also the Thindivanam. Indeed a must vist place, RECEPTION PPL ARE RUDE. dont interact much with them,

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Mr.Prashanth
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
We at Accord aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations.
I share your disappointment on the attitude of the front desk staff and we have personally taken initiatives to avoid recurrences in future.
Once again, we thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our end. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Puducherry and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This is my second stay at the Accord. My first time was with huge gang of friends, so did not have much time to enjoy at the hotel. This time it was just our family. We had much more time to spend at the property and enjoy all its amenities.

The rooms are as usual well maintained and offer a fantastic night sleep. The food as usual is the highlight of the stay. The breakfast spread was too good to be true. The staff as usual are more than eager to help.

Though there was some annual event happening and most of the rooms were full, there was absolutely no disturbances in the floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear valuable guest
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the staff and food, are truly inspiring.
Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Puducherry and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Modern and comfortable. People make a good hotel and the team was exceptional, even with language difficulties. Pool, food, laundry, room service all excellent. No complaints. 14 day stay. Thanks Accord Pondy!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mr.Jeff

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Accord is a nice hotel in the city. However the services needs to be improved.

They provide an all day dining menu in the room however nothing is available from the menu when we ordered. Very limited options for vegetarians.

We had booked the hotel 15 days in advance and specifically asked for extra bed while booking which was confirmed by the hotel. However we were not given the same on our first day of stay. The hotel staff also was not very helpful.

The hotel otherwise has nice rooms and ambience and is a good option.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Ms.Ruchi
Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I share your disappointment on the preference of menu and the extra bed delay on request.I would like to assure you that remedial measures will be instituted to avoid recurrences in future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights at the hotel and the stay was pleasant. The Check in process was very good. The Staff is very friendly and always greets with a smile. The Buffet Lunch is also very decent. The rooms are very neatly done and good. Infact the hotel staff helped us in getting 2 adjacent rooms on our request, as we were 4 pax.

Things which need to improve :

Breakfast service. The service is a Buffet, so I suppose that the guests need to have self service for most items. If a guest is made to wait for following the rules due to some other guest who has placed the order like an ala carte ...it is unfair of the staff . Secondly, teh staff should at least be attentive enough to see what a customer needs . It is only when I had to be a little upset, that the staff realised their mistake and attended to the situation. Having said that, the staff is very nice and will try to meet most of your individual needs.

Pillow in the rooms : The pillows are not good at all. Very hard and difficult to get a good sleep

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mr.Amit

Reviewed April 3, 2014

It was a very smooth stay in Accord which is located just as you enter Pondicherry city. conveniently located as Pondicherry is not very big to travel around. The beach and the white town are few minutes of drive away. We had a car so was very easy to navigate around.
The breakfast spread is varied and food quality is really good. They keep an eye on service and thats helpful too.
The rooms are well appointed with all business hotel amenities, clean and tidy. The only thing i found a bit difficult is to read in bed if needed....there is no light above the bed...thats basically was the situation at least in my room so not sure about the others.
All in all it was a comfortable stay in Accord and i would definitely recommend it for business travellers, couples on short trips etc.

Dear valuable guest

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed at the Accord for a couple of nights in Dec 2014. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. The service at the hotel was also quite decent. We didn't have any trouble with room service or the reception. The location is what makes it really good. As you enter Pondicherry and reach the first main junction you see Accord right at that junction. It is not too far from the beach and Auroville is also not too far from there. So location wise it's great.

They have a lovely breakfast buffet that was part of our booking. A good range of options. The south indian options in particular were quite good.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple