“Good rooms, nice service and good buffet too..”
Review of Accord Puducherry

Accord Puducherry
Ranked #15 of 83 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 and the stay was pleasant. Accord being a 5-star, there is excellent service. The swimming pool is awesome, though it is slightly small. Food is also good here and there is a nice spread for buffet. The hotel is located in the heart of the city, opposite to a movie theater. Only disadvantage is, if you are a tourist, the hotel is not very close to the beach/auroville/chunnambar backwater. But overall, good stay and good service.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms just have a view of the busy road. There are a few rooms with swimming pool view...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travel_fish007
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Greetings from Accord Puducherry !!!

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the staff and food, are truly inspiring.

Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Puducherry and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Regards

Ravindra Raju

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed in this hotel in last week of Jun13. we had good experience except few communication issues. During check-in we were told that morning breakfast will be complementaty and it will be available till 10AM in the morning. Next morning to our surprise we were told that breakfast is not complimentary in our package booking. This came as rude shock to us. Staff appeared confused and were not able to communicate things properly. Also they were very adamant in providing us late check out extended only by 2 ours. Room Service was decent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mr.Sashendra

Greetings from Accord Puducherry !!

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please be rest assured that we will do every thing possible to match your expectation and experience.

Regards
Ravindra Raju

Reviewed June 6, 2013

A very new hotel in Pondicherry, let down by its very poor service. We stayed in the suite and The rooms are nice and modern.In house Restaurant serves very ordinary food. We ordered club sandwiches that took 1 hour to get to our table. While ordering for late night room service we had to call them 5 times and in the end had to go to the reception and shout to get our order delivered. And finally when it did arrive, it wasn't what we had ordered.
During check out, the staff seemed to be very unapologetic. Not worth the money we paid to stay.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Viral K
Ravindra R R, General Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear guest

Greetings from Accord Puducherry!!

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

At the outset I am terribly sorry for the late revert on the feedback which calls for topmost priority from our end.I regret the inconvenience you had been put through and understand your disappointment caused in line of service during your stay. We at Accord Puducherry aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I would like to assure you that remedial measures have already been instituted to avoid recurrences in future which will definitely be evident during your next visit.

Greetings from Accord Puducherry!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Though i have stayed at several hotels in pondichery, this was by far the worst experience. To start with, when we arrived, the security started to shout loudly at the staff driver to take the car away. I found this highly absurd for a first imperssion to shout in front of guests. Anyways we went on to keet the front staff who displayed no qualities that a front staff shd possess. No smiles. No frills that you would normally expect from a star hotel. We felt more like they were doing us a favor by giving us a room
Next, there was nobody to escort us to our rooms. We had our luggage and had to tag it along all by ourselves.
The rooms were ok. Pool had some dead insects floating. No dry towels. Had to wait for a good 15 mins to find someone to ask for some dry towels.
Some chinese food festival was going on but during my entire stay, i dint find any guests in the restaurant and hence i figured the quality of the food.
And lastly, heres the highlight - there was a mini bar in the room. I checked the mini har menu and found that some of the items mentioned where missing on the mini bar. I dint reallt care coz what we wanted was a pack of lays chips and a pint of beer which was available and we went for it. Imagine our surprise when we were billed a pack of pistachios and a snicker! We immediately informed that we consumed only lays and beer and there was no snicker and pistachios in the mini bar. The staff tells me 'madam its only 60 rupees'! I said damn u i will not pay for something i have not consumed! Then the manager appeared mr. Maheswaran.The hero tells me, do u think we are lying? I was aghast! I said i did not see of those things in the mini bar but the staff simply refused to believe us! Finally my husband felt that it was not worth wasting time with such stupid people and paid for whatever was billed and left.
I juz feel so upset that that staff did not believe us and stood adamant against their idiotic beliefs. I juz feel that this is a very cheap way of cheating guests. Throws a very pathetic poor impression. To summarize, no standard of a star hotel. I am sure a smaller budget hotel would have still believed their guests.I mean cmon, do u really think that people who can afford to pay a rooms rent would actually try tosteal a snicker ??????? I dont have any more words but just feelings for disgust and disgust and more disgust!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank Vava111

Dear guest

Greetings from Accord Puducherry !!!

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.

On behalf of the Management I am extremely soory for the long delay on the revert.I have assumed charge recently and was very upset with the indicatives addressed from your end. I regret the inconvenience you had been put through and understand your disappointment caused due to this during your stay. We at Accord Puducherry aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I would like to assure you that remedial measures have already been instituted to avoid recurrences in future which will definitely be evident during your next visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Terrible experience as far as service level is concerned at this hotel. This is newly opened hotel. We had deluxe suit. yet if you ask for any service you will get response only after calling them twice or thrice.
After we made noise they improved a little. Food did not cater to our needs. there was no continental food. Oil used appeared to be low quality as even eggs made had a very typical taste. However, we had to make special request to Chef, who obliged. Although staff made efforts, they failed

Room Tip: Would not advise foreign /mid to high end indians
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jamshed3008
accord p, Front Office Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for the review. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience incurred while you were staying with us. We are taking necessary steps to improve the areas you have mentioned and you will defenitely see the difference in future. Thanks for bringing to our notice.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall good. I tried to check in one deay earlier but they just asked 4000 pernight. then i explained that if i book via clear trip it will be 3300 then they said ok for 3500 rs.

I prefer you can book earlier with good plan.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
accord p, Front Office Manager at Accord Puducherry, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for the review. We appreciate your advise to book in advance. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Let me start with the positives..
wonderful location, beautiful rooms and quality of fittings in bathrooms also outstanding
We had booked for 3 adults in a room, and when we asked for the extra bed, they only gave us a mattress and asked us to use that instead of an extra bed. After a lot of discussions, and parleys with the manager, an extra bed was provided to us by 9 pm.
The spread at the buffet table was very generous and lavish, however the service from the kitchen is a tad sloppy. Will be a wonderful hotel if these kind of issues are sorted out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SudhaPune

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your visit. We understood the extra bed issue. We are taking initiatives to solve the problem. The kitchen staff also is getting trained for better service. You will defenitely find a difference in the future. Thanks for the review.