“Exceeded Expectation”

Temple Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Pondicherry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving right here in Pondicherry Ocean! For PADI certification courses, and 1 day programs for non-swimmers also! Now everyone can scuba dive in India! There is a great range of corals, lion fish, grouper, kingfish, moray eels, eagle and manta rays, parrot fish, sea snakes, triggerfish, butterflys, angels, bannerfish, crustaceans... And if you're lucky, even sharks, whale sharks, turtles and dolphins!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Bengaluru, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Exceeded Expectation”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were not sure whether to choose Murdeshwar or Pondy and finally choose Pondy as its closer to Bangalore. Honestly , i was not expecting much as we had read that dive site is a artificially created reef

Reaching their office was easy as its just opposite to Pondy railway station. The guys we met in office were all extremely friendly and make the whole experience so good.

Went to the dive site, as a non swimmers my friend and I had starting trouble :) , the instructors were very patient and wont rush you in to finish the dive.

Once inside the water, i was amazed by the number of species which had made the reef its home

We are definitely going back again , one of the best experiences which was made possible by Akhil, Dani, Reni, Gary , Jonah and the friendly captains of the boats

Some of the guys had left corporate jobs to pursue diving as a career and their passion is clearly visible in the way they talk and the fun they have however when it comes to safety there is no compromise.

Strongly recommend you to dive with temple adventure.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank Khooldip

Bangalore
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rachana Jacob”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

A pioneering team of French divers in Pondy. They are doing great things to promote diving in Pondy. I went to Temple adventures in Pondy because of its proximity to Bangalore but had no idea what to expect in terms of diving and was pleasantly surprised. It was also a great experience diving with Temple adventures, they made me feel really safe - safety and equipment were top priority. I felt really well looked after and most importantly they were a really nice, friendly and a super fun bunch of French men who spoke extremely fluent Tamil!!!!

2 Thank wretched14
Chennai (Madras), India
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Good Place to Start your Diving Experience”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were a group of 7 people which includes a 10 year old kid signed up for the 1 Day Dive Experience Program with Temple Adventures. We did the booking via email and transferred the advance amount. After few hours we could see our booking confirmation in their website calendar.

We were all first timers. They have some really good, experienced, skillful, knowledgeable and friendly trainers/Instructors. They taught us the basic skills needed for the dive in a swimming pool. They were very patient in the way they helped us learn the skills. We reported at about 7 AM in the morning for the dive. We were taken to another place to board the boat. The boat travels about 5 to 6 km to the dive site. Dive site is a artificial reef created by Temple Adventures. There were few other people taking advanced courses in the boat with the instructors.

They have some really good and well maintained Scuba Gears of all sizes required for the dive. The dive lasted for about 30 to 45 mins based on how well you can breathe with the regulator. Each person was accompanied by a instructor and taken to the reef. They educate you on the dive process before we take the boat. So, its simple to just follow them.

Once you go inside the water, it was easier than what we thought could be difficult to manage our breathe and complete the dive. The instructors guide and take you through the reef at 12M depth where you can see around 25 to 30 species of fishes in various colors and sizes.

On the whole, just leave it to them once you book and reach their office. They take care of the program completely. The program starts at about 7.30 and lasts till 1.30 to 2. So, they bring refreshments, fruits and 25 Ltrs can of water for us.

Thank You Gary, Akhil, Danny, Vivek and team temple adventures for an exiting scuba experience.

Tip : If you are planning to take the 1 Day Experience program, take the training the day before you plan to dive instead of taking the training and dive on the same day.

6 Thank karthik_akrishnan
New Delhi, India
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Excellent instruction!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I just finished my EFR+Rescue with Jonah. He and the other instructors I met are very knowledgeable, very willing to openly share their knowledge, and generally a bunch of highly experienced and fun people.

The instructors I spoke to all have thousands of logged dives, so experience is definitely not going to be a problem here. The equipment is top-notch, and they take great care of safety!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
346 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,190 helpful votes
“Friendly Staff; Dirty Dive Center; Average Dives”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Rob responds very quickly to e-mail to confirm bookings. We wanted to do a DPV course but they don't yet have them. I was impressed that they offer sidemount and Nitrox. You can't pay by credit card except in person (with a surcharge) but you can pay by PayPal.

I wasn't expecting much from my dives in the Bay of Bengal as I had dived in Bangladesh so I wasn't disappointed to find silty water and not too many fish other than on the artifical reef the dive center built which fishermen now park themselves on and which therefore has lots of hooks and line around the place. There you can see large grouper; a frog fish; baby scorpionfish. For our deep dive, the DM took us down and we then sent 30 minutes surfacing doing various deep stops. I understood what he was doing as i have done quite abit of tech diving but my friend didn't so I understand why other reviewers say the diving was confusing. They need to explain to people how the dive will unfold.

Dive boat was okay and staff at the dive center were friendly and helpful. You leave at 7 AM and get back between 1:30 PM and 2 PM.

However, the biggest negative for me was how dirty the center was. You have to take off your shoes but walk out with black feet from all the dirt and mud. The toilets and sink are also dirty. Very uninviting.

5 Thank poleinahole1