“Perfect place to learn to dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Temple Adventures

Temple Adventures
Ranked #1 of 13 Tours in Pondicherry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving right here in Pondicherry Ocean! For PADI certification courses, and 1 day programs for non-swimmers also! Now everyone can scuba dive in India! There is a great range of corals, lion fish, grouper, kingfish, moray eels, eagle and manta rays, parrot fish, sea snakes, triggerfish, butterflys, angels, bannerfish, crustaceans... And if you're lucky, even sharks, whale sharks, turtles and dolphins!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Perfect place to learn to dive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Learning to dive with the guys of Temple Adventures is super-fun! And it soon becomes an addiction... All the trainers are super professional but also super friendly, they put everybody at ease. For my first diving in the Ocean I was, of course, a little worried: everything was new and the underwater world unknown... But with them it was super easy, in the blink of an eye I was in the water and 12 metres under! The conditions of the sea vary a lot from one day to another, some times you have 10 metres of visibility and some other only 2 and a lot of waves, but hey! It's the Ocean, we cannot complain about it or change it according to our will...

Visited November 2013
2 Thank alicetq

Bengaluru, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best Experiance Ever !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was the first time I ever thought of going scuba diving, no experience of getting into the deep blue sea waters ever. But this one experience changed my perception forever. The moment i touched the sea bed, I realized that I had got my money's worth.
Me and one of my friend decided to go scuba diving while on a vacation in pondicherry. My friend found about Temple adventures and we decided to book a discovery package that includes basic training and one dive. We decided to split the training and dive across 2 days though we had option to combine both and have the activity completed in a single day.
The day we went for training, though we were not expecting Katrina Kaif (like in "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara") to be our scuba instructor, but we definitely did not expect a young enthusiastic person "Danny (black :) )" to greet us and provide the basic training. Before we started our training, I realized that I am myopic and without my spectacles, I cant see much beyond a few meters, so going underwater (without spects) and not being able to see anything will be disaster. I decided to step back and let my friend continue with the training and dive. That is when, one of the partners of Temple Adventures and master scuba diver, Arvind met me and let me his mask which was made of a glass that could help people with a power of - 2 to see underwater, it served my purpose. Thanks to Arvind to have stepped in time and allowing me have this experience.
The next day we went 6 km into the sea in a boat and were clubbed with some more people, some of them doing their diving certification course, others there just to enjoy the deep sea and only 2 of us who were about to jump in the sea water for the first time. We were very excited but at the same time scared. But after we jumped into the water, the first couple of minutes were the scariest, and once our body temperature got acclimatized to the sea water temperature and the adrenaline rush subsided, my instructor decided to take me deep into the sea. I saw many fishes on the way to the bottom, jelly fish, star fish, tiger fish and a few more whose name I will never remember. The best moment was when I touched the sea bed and rested there on knees there for a while.
It was one of the greatest experienced I ever had in my life and will cherish this forever. Special thanks to first of all my friend, Manoj Pandey, who thought about doing this activity and most of all my first Scuba diving instructor, Danny, and to Arvind..

Visited September 2013
8 Thank Tejas P
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A 5* dive resort that can change your life for good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you want to wake up with the sea breeze in your hair and start your day with a lovely boat dive, then Temple Adventures is the place you want to be. We as a group of friends started off with our DSD's at Andaman and we started off diving in Pondicherry about half a year ago. It has been a magnificent journey since then. We have been regular divers since then. The amount of knowledge the instructors have is far beyond your imagination.TA is a 5* star PADI certified dive resort. Rob and Aravind are super professional and are working round the clock to ensure that every single diver who comes to Temple Adventures has the time of his life ,be it an experienced diver or someone who is completely new to diving. We did our OW cert with Aravind. He is one of the most respected divers in the whole of India. Truly one of my heroes when it comes to diving. OW cert is something that i still remember and had the most unforgettable experience experience and till this day it keeps me motivated and gets me diving every single time. I am ever grateful to Aravind and Rob for making the experience so pleasurable . The dive sites there are breath taking. So much of sea life in the deep sites. My personal favorite is the great Aravind's Wall.I have seen some sharks, huge groupers,Rays ,huge lion fishes ,rather friendly sea snakes and many more. Every single dive i have logged with Temple adventures is just an unforgettable experience and a special one. I have done my Adv OW, EANx and Deep Specialty with them. I am sure that this is not where my journey ends.The Snack box on the boat is something you would want to watch out for. Always sit next to it and you are going to have a wonderful time hogging all the snacks :) :) Do not miss it. Rob and Aravind are so cool and down to earth guys who have been there around every single time you need them. About safety and equipment, since its a pretty popular dive school in India and since Rob is so experienced he pays so much attention to detail and he sticks to a very strict guideline when it comes to maintaining the equipments, they are are well serviced, thoroughly checked and are in pristine condition. Safety on land, on boat and under water is a very strict concern to Temple Adventures. There are enough safety measures that are taken to ensure diver's safety. They have taken safety to all different level that our boat captain Ravi is also a Rescue Diver just to ensure that there is someone always there on boat to take care of you in case you need them. Every single time you can bank on them when it comes to safety. Watch out for the instructors Julien and Jonah they are truly the best, if you get to dive with them trust me you are definitely going to have one of the best and most enjoyable dives. Both of them are highly skilled divers. . I would definitely recommend Temple adventures to any level of divers, Deep diving, Wreck diving, Nitrox, Speciality diving, Tec diving, Side mounts or certifications. Definitely worth checking out and trust me you will love this place and you will be back again soon. I have become a confident diver thanks to Rob,Aravind and all the folks at Temple Adventures.! See you soon!

Visited September 2013
7 Thank arunmoses
Pondicherry, India
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Professional fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Anyone who wants to learn how to dive, this is the right place for you! Everyone who knows how to dive, this is still the right place for you. The have it all: Deep, Wreck, Nitrox and so much more... My experience with Temple Adventures was definitely awesome. Not only are these guys super professional and safety concerned, they also know how to have good fun. I did my Nitrox with them and a few more dives and for sure I will come back to dive over and over again with these bunch of cool dudes. Thanks TA-team!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank mikaBerlin
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“a good school to learn diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've been diving there regularly. And this is by far the best scuba diving center I have dived with in south Asia. Granted that it has a 5* star PADI resort certification, you can only guess the level of involvement of the staff; but in my opinion there is more than that, there is commitment to security and all safety of the customers. The diving sites are can be as deep as 30-35 meters and the conditions changing really fast, briefings can seem long and a bit too-well prepared compared to other dive centers (I am thinking about some in Thailand and the Maldives...) but it is so comfortable to dive with them because of that, because of that extra care. You feel the crew is always here for you if you need them. Speaking of safety, the equipment is remarkably well maintained, you wouldn't guess it is rental gear, except some of their wetsuits.
Conditions vary a lot, but what a great marine life! I have personally witnessed some sharks, humongous groupers, lion fishes larger than expected, sea snakes, trigger fishes and many more.

Another aspect that is defining this dive center is the family atmosphere. No one escapes the washing duties after a ride in the ocean, instructors, students, dive masters,... what a good way of ending a day, staying all together discussing what we saw and all the rest.

I highly recommend this place to learn as conditions are varying a lot and you won't become a diver afraid of anything different than crystal blue water, and you will gain a theoretic knowledge far better than a high-speed course 2hours before your first open dive. I have myself taken PADI Nitrox and rescue certifications there with great improvement in my diving skills.

Enjoy diving in Pondicherry!

Visited May 2013