“Horrible Pizza”

Cafe Xtasi
Ranked #3 of 381 Restaurants in Pondicherry
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We bake delicious authentic Italian pizzas with homemade ingredients that are freshly prepared in our kitchen everyday. Our pizzas go up up to three feet in size and have very very generous servings of cheese and toppings. We give you the best value for money without compromising on quality. Our menu has over 75 pizzas, 20 pastas and very delicious salads mostly made from our own recipes.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

On a recent visit to Pondicherry, I wandered into this place one evening. The pizza was soggy and soaking wet. The cheese was chewy. It was completely inedible.

My first and my last visit to this place.

2  Thank idlysambar
There are newer reviews for Cafe Xtasi

Reviewed February 12, 2013

loved the pasta allthough they had frequent power cuts nd a lot of mosquitos which was very very annoying...

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Good hospitality and tasty food. Pizzas were wonderful. Lip smacking tasty Fresh and hygienic too. Looking forward for another visit soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Tourists please Stay away: AWFUL PIZZAS, Terrible service, Pathetic Manager, OVER PRICED n OVER-HYPED.

I was in Pondycherry for a 2 days trip.I just came across this restaurant when I was roaming around mission street.I had been to many European countries [Sweden,Germany,Ireland, Poland ] and tried verities of pizzas.Those guys make real pizzas.u can select the toppings,ingredients,oil if u wish to do so. They do make good veg pizzas even though most of them are good at non-veg foods.Not really the kind of pizzas u get in Indian pizza retails outlets.

Well after seeing the board 'Cafe Xtasi' and all the hype info he has put over the display board I was really exited to check out the place. I thought I could get the real Italian pizzas over here.They have put up firewood oven in the entrance itself. I was impressed by the way they make pizzas n all. We didn't reserve any table. We got a table immediately after entering the restaurant.Ambiance is not at all good. attenders also do not have any formal uniforms, they lack in communication.They really need class on customer care,hospitality.
The menu is very extensive,lot of verities of pizzas.You cant find them in any of typical Indian pizza outlets and even in wester countries. I think the restaurant Owner/ manager derived all those variants of pizza by just adding all possible toppings combinations. May be he is good at permutations and combinations and not really at probability of success of those useless different varieties. We ordered a Medium veg pizza[Rs. 490] and French fries[Rs. 79] and 600 mil coke[Rs.60]. After waiting for more than 20 mins the attender brought French fries and Garlic dip. French fries were bad.Slice were tiny and not tasteful.In another 10 mins we got veg pizza on the table.Attended didn't provide the fork and knife.He brought them after my request.He didn't bring the coke.
We were really exited to try out wood fire baked pizzas.Well the pizza was too much loaded with cheese.It was sort of bit cold.It was lacking aroma of Olive oil and toppings.It was awful,They make terrible pizzas.Pizza was hardly edible after having a small portion we couldn't eat it any more.Pizza base was too thin. It was like they put the toping on a Chapathi(type of Indian bread) and make pizzas.They had put excessive olive oil and It was so difficult to swallow It. We hardly tried 2-3 bites and couldn't take it any more.We informed the same to store manger. I asked him to try a byte and then tell me the quality.He refused to do so and asked about the issues.He didn't accept any of those issues.He kept telling about the quality of Olive oil[Del-monte] and the price[He said It costs Rs650/litre] he uses for make and it need not be cooked and all those crap stories.Who bothers about the price/brand of the oil and all after all he is running the business and the pizza are priced accordingly. The final outcome of the product determines the quality. Store manager doesn't know the basics of food business. He thinks by just putting some expensive oils and different topping he can make some good pizza.After 20 mins of arguments he himself decided to replace the pizza but we dint demand that. Anyways by that time we had no interest in trying out another bad pizza from that guy.He was so money minded and very greedy. I said I will put my reviews on web portals[He has put a request board inside the restaurant to write reviews on web portals :) ] and you will be looser coz if at he wants to run some good business he should provide good quality product and should promptly address customer issues. He was least bothered about it asked us to pay the full amount.We paid the money and walked out.

So guys please stay away from this pathetic pizza outlet. Don't even think of trying out any food over here. Outlet owner/Manager just want to exploit some newbies to town, especially tourists, he really banking on tourists since we hardly stay there for a day or week and we may not get another chance to revisit the same outlet again. he wants to exploit the situation and make money out of it.Never bothers about the quality of the product.

5  Thank BangaloreTourist
Reviewed January 17, 2013

After my visit to this place, I think this the most over-hyped restaurant that I've come across. We ordered chicken wings, four cheese pizza and a white sauce pasta. The pasta was inedible, even though I love pasta but this was just boiled stuff with grated cheese. The four cheese pizza had stale cheese and was excessively greasy. Chicken wings was the only dish that saved the day.

3  Thank abd_traveller
CafeXtasi, Owner at Cafe Xtasi, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Thank you for your kind response...though I would like to point out that 4cheese pizza will taste stale because we use blue cheese and Parmesan...both of which are designed to taste stale, especially blue cheese which releases oil when it melts. Your point about the pasta is well noted and is very seriously being looked into. By the way... I am glad u liked the chicken wings, though we don't have it on the menu and neither do we serve it. Regards manav