“Hybrid Hotel”

Anantha Heritage Hotel
Ranked #11 of 85 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Hi I have been staying in this hotel last week well I felt like I was in a hybrid hotel where I can see a proper mixture of traditional and modern facilities.The ambiance was excellent.The service also was excellent.Then you may ask why you have given only four stars and not five it is because I faced some problems first although I had a local person with me we were in rounds to find out the hotel location.
The hotel which has put crisply in Google maps what you have to see in pondichery has forgotten about showing their own hotel location.
When I reached the hotel with much difficulty(even my calls to the hotel to help me with identifying the location went with out any result)to my surprise I found that my room for which I have paid in advance was not ready.I was kept waiting in a chunky room for more than an hour until I reached the booked room.The reception was friendly and offered me coffee on arrival.
The food quality was excellent and the price very economical.The hotel is a very calm place and ideal for people who want to stay from the crowd.
The service was very quick and with out any expectations.To mention Siva in the reception was very helpful.I forgot my credit card in the reception and went half way he send a person with the credit card to hand over the same to me safely.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor if you dont want to step up often.Book in advance.Have a clear idea of your chec...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
FREDDYGOMEZ900396652, General Manager at Anantha Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.
Your valuable feedback regarding your stay with us is highly appreciated and the time taken
to provide us with these details is of utmost importance to us.
We thank you for all the positives pointed out in the review and we will share these with our
team.
Our team is very glad to hear that you enjoyed the services provided by the hotel and would
like to thank you for your positive comments about your experience at Anantha Heritage
Hotel Pondicherry. These are certainly going to be very encouraging and motivating
especially for the Team. It is always reassuring to learn that our efforts are being noted by
those whom we count on the most, "Our Guests".
Guest satisfaction is a high priority for us, an area that we repeatedly train on and follow up,
in an effort to sustain a high level of service throughout the hotel .
Thank you once again for your feedback. we look forward to welcoming you back to Anantha

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We stayed for a week and it was one the best stays, the place is neat,quiet and beautiful and the staff is ever helpful.They are always eager to help you with a smile, solving all your queries. We had an excellent stay. The location is really good and you have everything in 1.5- 2 km radius. Breakfast is good, freshly prepared and we were later told that on special request and prior order they serve lunch and dinner too.Staff is really helpful,Manager Fedrick even helped us book our cab to Chennai airport.
Property is big, though it might not like that from the street. Its very well maintained.
Lovely Perumal Coil temple next door adds to the charm.The place has maintained its old world charm though imbibed all the necessary modern amenities.
Would love to come again.

Room Tip: 1.Write to them beforehand to get best rates. 2. 1st floor rooms will be slightly better for view...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed in Anantha for two nights in a first floor room that faced the covil-- the tamil word for temple. The view was beautiful and so was the room. Breakfast isn't a big spread but wholesome and tasty -- choice of South Indian and continental though we had only the southie. Staff is friendly especially Frederick the manager who gave us a late checkout at no extra charge. Also helped us rent a scooter which is a great way to get around pondy

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank nraajDelhi

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Loved the rooms and the people. On the northern end of the city, so getting to the good restaurants (which are more on the south) is difficult but there are plenty of local restaurants nearby. Only small gripe, I had been promised on the phone that I wouldn't be charged for my son for the bed (and I wouldn't take extra bed) but when it came to settle the bill the same person said they would charge me. Slightly awkward moment, but the stay was good enough to make me forget this :)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I would definitely recommend this little and warm heritage in Pondicherry: rooms are big, clean, elegant and silent even if the hotel is very central. Good breakfast and pleasant yard. Good people and good vibe!
Massimo

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mapil82
FREDDYGOMEZ900396652, General Manager at Anantha Heritage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Sir.
Vanakkam from Anantha Heritage Hotel Pondicherry!!
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on Trip Advisor.

Your appreciation about the hotel and the service is very encouraging and motivating for all of us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Anantha heritage pondicherry in the very near future.

Regards

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Hi when i booked the rooms at anantha my wife and children were very concerned about my choice of place to stay in a place we are going to visit for the first time, but all their doubts vanished the moment they stepped into ANANTHA HERITAGE. The manager Mr Fredric and his boys Selva, Anbu and couple of them never let us feel that we were strangers meeting them for the very first time. and the 150 year house modrenised into a hotel was a real treat to the eyes.
The wakeing up to the bell of the the neighbouring PERUMAL KOIL was really a heart warming feeling bcos u are woken up as the god himself.
The heritage hotel lives up to its name maintaining utmost cleanliness, the breakfast which is served on the house both continental and south indian is sumptous to say the least.
thank u Mr fedric to have made our holiday a memorable one.

Room Tip: The room on the 1st floor facing the temple......
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank BASKAR69

Dear Mr. Baskar sir
vanakkam from Anantha Heritage Hotel pondicherry!!

fredrick gomez

Reviewed June 27, 2014

I ,along with my wife,stayed here for a couple of days during our visit to Puducherry recently.The small yet brightly paint and delightfully decorated court yard is sure to lift anyone's spirits.We stayed in a standard room which was very comfortable and well maintained.A definite Thumbs up for the staff who epitomized the old adage "Service with a smile".Although it's not a huge property,but going around one is definitely engulfed in nostalgia .If you happen to go there,you will understand,what I mean.And yes,keeping a snap of all the visitors in a photo album,is a unique touch,that I came across here.
The breakfast served was basically south Indian ,which was delicious and homely.I strongly recommend this place for a couple vacation or a family get-together.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear sir
vanakkam from Anantha Heritage Hotel pondicherry!!

Fredrick gomez