“avoid at all cost”

Bamboo Garden
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

we went into the restaurant, having just arrived at pondy. thought the lunch would be nice since the restaurant was quite empty. ordered a sizzler and a continental cream of mushroom and corn dish. the menu card mentioned that the items would be served with bread, fries and rice.
well, the sizzler was served with rice in a separate plate! the other dish was served with just the toasts. when we rebounded them, the fries came but no rice. on enquiring we were told that the dish is served with toast OR Rice! and they were just sorry that the menu mentioned 'AND rice', by mistake!
no one was available to clear the plates and we had to literally shout out for someone to get the bill.

would not recommend this place at all.

1  Thank BivasMishra
There are newer reviews for Bamboo Garden

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Few of my friends and myself had new year eve dinner at this place. Was packed and service was not reaching properly to us. The food reflected their rush in trying to handle the overload, most of the food was over cooked. Not recommended for a special occasion.

1  Thank JoseMathew
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant proposes a wide and attractive variety of fish and seafood, but the cleanliness of the place is doubtful....

1  Thank marie o
Reviewed January 19, 2013

dined there twice in past six months. turned out to be a disappointment both times. food is not at all tasty. recipes are spoiled. service is average. conveniences are not up to the mark. worse they are torturing the birds kept is cage as show pieces by keeping them awake till mid night by putting them under a flood light.

1  Thank vs58Chennai
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have been to India and ondicherry a few times and always enjpyed the service and the food here , but this restaurant should be closed down , there were 3 of us , Myself , my wife(from pond) and her mother , We sat down and asked for water while we read the menu , after 15 mins ,no water asked again ,on the 3 rd time we finally got the water , one soup came ,then 5 mins after a main course came ,my wifes food never arrived , my food was terrible,I gave it to one of the cats that seem to wait at your table and as soon as a guest has finished the cat leaps on the table and eats from the plates , The worst service of any restaurant I have ever been in ( and I have been in some bad ones) food was tasteless ,got the food with no plate to eat it off , no forks , had to ask for a glass 5 times ,,, never ever will I set foot inthis place again

1  Thank ciaran m