Lowest prices for your stay
$156
SAVE $164
Trip.com$264
Priceline$130
1,342 results
All reviews pool villa private beach presidential villa the lake view rooms common swimming pool paradise beach private access approach road pool side indoor games play area main town buffet spread great resort beautiful property first floor restaurant staff
Selected filters
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Perfect! That’s the one word I have for my stay at Le Pondy. We stayed there from Sep 24th – 27th and it was blissful – we took the Luxury Pool Villa. The private pool was superfabulous and the privacy you get is worth the price you pay.
I almost went with a rating of 5 but the cold and unsmiling lady at the reception who told me that I need to check-out at 12 [hotel policy, like I didn’t know that] and not later made me go with 4. The gentleman there was kind enough and let us extend till past 01:00 PM since I could move only after my toddler finished his lunch but for some reason, the AC stopped functioning at about 12’o clock; I found that unacceptable but I didn’t want to call the reception again and haggle over that. This soured my check-out a little.
Room: So we got there on Sep 24th and were offered welcome drink promptly. The check-in was efficient and our Luxury Pool Villa was ready for us. What a gorgeous villa it was. They have a 4.5 feet deep private pool with 2 lounge chairs on one side and a small and cute kitchenette on the other side with a dining table for 4. Absolutely beautiful. The kitchenette was such a blessing.. my Son is only 3 and I carry a whole lot of stuff to cook small meals for him in short intervals. I was able to do this without any trouble at Le Pondy because of the open kitchenette. The room was spacious, the king bed was superbig and comfortable. The TV could have been bigger but that’s OK.. we didn’t go there to watch TV  The bathroom was open with a small open garden and ..wait for it.. a cloth line to dry your beach clothes. Very thoughtful – I absolutely loved this one! The housekeeping staff were polite and courteous
So, 5 on 5 for the Luxury Pool Villa. Maybe 10 on 5.
Private Pool: I loved the privacy.. my son loved being in the pool all day. We absolutely loved everything about the private pool. The housekeeping cleaned the pool of the plant debris every morning. The pool water dried up my skin rather badly so a tip for those of you who love their extra time in the pool.. apply protection before you get inside.
Food: I am a vegetarians and like my food with minimal oil. The room service was prompt and the kebabs were well made and thankfully not fried but tandoored. The mulagtwany soup was rather oily the 1st couple of times but the chef fixed it when I asked him to skip the oil. We had a little bit of a disaster with my Son’s dinner on 24th but the Chef personally came to our villa, asked us for our requirements and took care of my Son’s meal from then on. Loved it. The breakfast buffet was fine – not great but still good enough for me. I am not big on food but like my food tasty and most of the meals at Le Pondy didn’t disappoint me. Don’t order for Palak Paneer thou .. they didn’t get it right.
Beach: very beautiful, clean and guarded. They don’t let you stay on for longer than 06:00 PM and I didn’t like that but in a way, it worked well for my son. They even have a small kids play area and a beautifully maintained lawn and garden.
Spa: The massages are reasonably prices – I went for a Ayurvedic and A Western session and both the sessions were good. During the Ayurvedic session, the steam was not working and since they billed me for the steam the promised me a steam later. I was unable to make time for it so I do plan to take my free steam the next time I am there 
Shopping inside: They have 2 small shops inside that sell a whole lot of clothes and other antiques.. I bought a whole lot of pallazos and tops from there.. and trust me when I say whole lot. I must have spent 11K b/w the 2 stores  I sure hope the clothes last and if they don’t I will take it back there when I go for my next short trip in Nov. I did warn the store owners that ‘I will be back’ ;)
So, all in all, I had a very relaxing and gorgeous holiday and I cant wait to visit Le Pondy again.

Room tip: Choose the luxury pool villa. The pool privacy is worth the price you pay.
5  Thank AnanyaNair
Reviewed September 28, 2015

My family and four other friends with family stayed at Le Pondy from 25th to 27th Sept 2015, had an amazing time there. One of the courteous staff whom we have come across so far in the stays we had in various resorts. Never had a negative vibe for anything from them, anything and everything which we looked for or wanted was there. Great ambience and well-kept places.... superb breakfast and a good spread of buffet, clean rooms, green surroundings, well kept private beach with Baywatch all the time. It was hot at Pondy those three days and we went out only towards evening. Thanks for info@themapngo.com team for suggesting this place, this stay would live within us for long. Le Pondy would be synonym for Pondi for all of us. Hope to come back again when Pondi calls us back. Good Job guys keep the good work. You may fix the Shampoo dispenser @ Room No 131 – I should not be telling everything good about you eh ;)

Room tip: For families the ones near to the restaurant for the people who needs privacy opt for the ones near the entrance of the resort.
Reviewed September 26, 2015 via mobile

Today only I came back after my four nights stay at Le Pondy. Here are the few pros and cons of this hotel

Pros
Great location
Private beach
Greenary around
Courteous staff
Well maintained
Spacious rooms
Comfortable and clean beds

Cons
Food: very average breakfast buffet spread. The alacarte is over priced and not up to the mark.
No cycles or prams in the hotel. You will have to take your own.
In the pool villas the pool should be covered in as the dry grass makes the pool dirty.
Since its a resort property so lizards and small insects can be found in the room.
Lack of activities in the resort.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2015

Really pretty location, and good staff at Le Pondy .
But the room I got was in such terrible shape that I only stayed for one night (even though I had paid for two) .
In urgent need of new furniture, cushions, curtain, etc. (Eew)

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Stephan_Danne
Reviewed September 21, 2015

Le Pondy

Stayed here for 4 days in Sep2015.

What I thought was GREAT:
1)Private beach is the single biggest attraction: Clean, restricted, attended to by resort staff

What I thought was GOOD:
2)Good property: Well maintained greean/flowery patches, water body etc.
3)Family friendly: Large lawn, kids play area, clean and large pool with gazebos and pool bar
4) Food (breakfast and lunch buffets) had a decent spread but not out of the world from quality/variety perspective
5) Courteous staff

What I thought was Not so good / needs improvement:
5)A-la-carte food is severely ovre-priced for its quality/quantity/presentation
6)Several minor service issues keep the experience from being GREAT overall:
a. Bedsheet had some grey/blackish stains
b. Wi-fi password not working. Front desk never bothered to call back despite promising
c. AC remote is wired. Every electricity cut would reset settings on the AC! Had to wake up several times in the night to keep tuning the AC to desired settings!
d. Curtains, bed-post tops were quite dusty which triggered a dust allergy for both me and my wife
e. The beach umbrella and chairs were not offerred to us even though we had a little child. Someone else asked for it and it was provided. Service can be improved
f. Guest relationship aspect is somewhat missing. Other resorts is this proce bracket go the extra mile to make you feel wanted/comfortable.
g. The batrooms can do with some exhaust
h. The 'bed' / divan in the balcony/sit-out was dusty/dirty
i. Fridge was disconnected and full of water (melted ice)
j. There could be some sort of food/beverage service organized on the beach (even for a limited time)

What I found unacceptable:
a. The welcome-drink on arrival was not offered. My little girl for it and it was then given. The drink (watermelon juice) seemed to be made from rotten watermelon. This is just not acceptable. I was tired from the long drive and did not want to start the trip on a bad note so did not make much of a fuss. Kitchen quality assurancce needs to be tightened as even one piece of rotten fruit can spoil the drink

Overall, I would recommend this resort simply for the beach experience and good property.

Good beach experience but let several small service glitches a let down.

Room tip: Lake view rooms are decent enough. Sea facing rooms might not be worth the extra buck as the sea is a bit of a distance away
2  Thank ashishbhrd