“Best Resort for Weddings”
Review of Le Pondy

Le Pondy
Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed July 13, 2014

We did our wedding in Le pondy on 28th and 29th of June 2014. Right from accommodation till food every thing was exemplary.

There were over 300 guests and we had taken the whole resort.

Our wedding was a traditional Tamil Brahmin Iyer wedding. Amidst apprehensions from our parents for a beach wedding we choose LePondy.

Right from planning the places for different events in the wedding , helping with the decorations and suggesting us with the menu and guiding with all event management work it was an awesome experience working with the staff.

Mr. Natarajan was the in charge for the rooms and the check in process for all the guests were seamless. He helped with the overall managing of the event.

The Chef was Mr. Manoj Senan and he helped us with the menus and before the event we met him once and he reassured us that he will take care of it like his own family wedding and he lived up more than our expectations. Every single person of the 300 odd guests were happy with every dish which was unique and with top notch quality and taste. The food was available on the committed time and they even accommodated and catered to the last minute guests which was very commendable. Thank you so much sir and it means a lot for us for all the efforts you put in.

On 29th was the Food served on banana leaf and was shocked to see the resort general manager Mr. Arun coming and serving food for the guests. That was a very great gesture from him.

Overall the other staffs were courteous and prompt with everything.

So if you are looking for a destination wedding around chennai and pondichery Le Pondy is the ONE!

Karthik & Sowmya.

6  Thank Karthik_Ramani
There are newer reviews for Le Pondy

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Staff : I felt that their service and courteous behavior was the best ! They make you feel at home and very responsive.

Food : A very balanced spread for
all meals. The sea food is really yummy. The executive chef Manoj Seenan and his team make sure you get the best food and enjoy the same.

Rooms : very grandly designed rooms,with plenty of natural lighting and all modern facilities, the special kind of roofing used lends a very unique and chic look to the entire resort.

Overall a beautiful place to stay with family or with friends and I would love to come back again sometime in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Anoop_ja
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was one of the most memorable vacation trips I have ever had lately.

Route: I drove from Bangalore and took the below route
Bangalore – Krishnagiri – Vellore – Arcot – Cheyyar – Vandavasi – Tindivanam – Pondicherry
Though this route is longer by almost 80 kms as comapared to the usual route. I got to know from few people that on normal route the roads are not good. So I chose to take the longer route. Which took me something like 6.5 hrs to reach Le-Pondy

The Resort
- I took the sea view room, in my opinion was excellent. The sea is not very near, but its enough to enjoy it. You can go to the beach between 6 am to 6 pm. The beach is maintained very well.

Swimming Pool: Great. It does have a bar within the swimming pool area but it was not operational. Not Sure why

Restaurant: There is only 1 restaurant. The food was quite good, but quite pricey.

Rooms: Room & bathrooms were quite big. Well Maintained.

The only flip side in my trip during my stay were loud music which was played during night as part of some party. Not sure why people do this. This resort esp sea view rooms allows you be closer to nature. Why spoil it my having loud music!!

I spent 2 days in this resort, and I only visited the french area couple of times. The beach in the french area is more of a stone beach is quite different than the Sand beach in the resort. I felt staying the resort for much better that going into the city.

Room Tip: Go for sea view rooms if you want to be closer to nature.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Shashank T
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This hotel has good potential but unfortunately a few issues ruined our holiday on the first day. The management seems to give more importance to events like marriages or birthdays rather than worrying about the comfort of the guests staying there.

Check in: Had to wait a long time for my luggage and car key to reach the room. In the end I walked to the reception and asked them to send it.
Rooms: Rooms are clean and the beds are large. We got a lake view room but we could not see the lake. Seems to be a rip off ! Bathroom has only basic amenities, not what you will expect in a 5 star.
WiFi: You have to struggle to get a good WiFi connection. I only managed to get one in the lobby, pathetic.
Beach: Best part of the resort is the beach. Very clean and they have a life guard around.
Swimming pool: Swimming pool was good but was ruined by a group attending a birthday party surrounding it
Restuarant: This was the worst part. We just entered the restuarant and it started to rain. Since it was raining they hurrIedly asked the birthday party group to come into the restuarant and eat. When I asked for a table the restuarant manager had the nerve to ask me to go eat in my room. If i wanted to eat in my room I would have ! They dont care for the guests staying in the hotel, only worried about their parties and events. Needless to say with such a large crowd our dinner was ruined. The only saving grace was a waitress called Pinki who did a great job. The restuarant manager should be replaced and I am sure Pinki can do a better job.
Games room: We wanted to use the games room but it was flooded due to the rains and the lights were off. The reception staff could have told us when we asked them.

In all this resort has potential to provide a relaxing holiday if they want to and if the staff takes a little more interest in the comfort of their guests. I will not return here.

Room Tip: Avoid going when there are events or functions there
4  Thank harishbala
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great ambiance, Good Location, superb Pool, Nice Staff, Average food, Average Service. If the Management is taking care to pick the proper staff this can be a Brilliant Hotel. Any way hoping for the best in the next visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jaintithendra
Reviewed June 20, 2014

If Goa resorts are what you are missing in Pondicherry, Le Pondy is just the right place to be! Brilliant property with a great pool and the landscaping is simply terrific with the sea just behind!! Worth a visit n more!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RajaG1
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Its abit pricey but its worth. Great place ,clean, well maintained. A recomended place ro relax. There is also a beach there. The beach is clean, however the waves are quite strong though. Overally great place

Room Tip: Depends on the purpose of visit actually. If you plan to stay there till you checkout. Take the room...
1  Thank blackspadezashwin