“Don't book!”

Ranked #114 of 152 Pondicherry B&B and Inns
Chennai (Madras), India
“Don't book!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I sent requisition for booking room at this lodge. There was no response to my mail. They didn't bother to send any reply or call me. Then when I rang up to them, they said rooms are available. No problem. Come directly. When I landed there, they said A/c ROOMS ARE NOT AT ALL AVAILABLE IN OUR LODGE and all the other rooms are full. When I said you only told that the rooms are available and asked me to come directly, they didn't respond. Luckily, because other lodges were available nearby I could get an accomodation. My advice is never book rooms in this lodge and you will be disappointed when you land there. I don't know for what they are having their website and information in their website is completely misleading.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank luckytraveller2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

This is a great budget place in pondicherry. The rates are superb and you even get a tv. Close to some fantastic eateries and coffee houses. The staff are very kind and helpful. The bedding is a little worn and they have a generator. Full power.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank dgabb
USA
Reviewed March 29, 2012

the staff are are fine. Their sheets are worn and grey in colour we ask for clean sheets and got the same but ironed. They use every sheet untill you can see thru them.I find that thru out India. We had a room at side walk level. It was real scruffy and lots of dust on the fan and AC. genrally all over the room. as im real picky with dust. i tend to dust every room as im allergic to dust. I bring my own anti bactieria clean clothes and rubber gloves. i looked for bugs etc. i couldn't find any but the second night I felt like i was being eaten by bugs. I could'nt sleep all night. my friend slepted well. they did not give good directions. I asked about an address I was looking for and they said it was 10 minutes walking down on the same street.. matter of fact the address was just a few feet away across and down the street from hotel on the same block..Only stay here if you are on your last rupies but want to be safe. we looked at all the hotels and rooms in the area and this was the best for the price.

Room Tip: When traveling in India i think it would be wise to bring a blow up mattress with you. Carry a sleep...