“Clean, efficient staff - but why the power outages?”
Review of Hotel Atithi

Hotel Atithi
Ranked #16 of 80 Hotels in Pondicherry
Chennai (Madras), India
“Clean, efficient staff - but why the power outages?”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel is located at a busy intersection in Pondicherry. The staff is helpful and the room service is efficient. The price is reasonable too, given the quality of the hotel and rooms. However, the disappointment ... in fact bewilderment, was the power outages that happened during my two day stay. I experienced at least six power cuts and this translated alteast twelve outages with the generator switching on and off everytime the power went and was restored. I am not sure if this is a regular occurance or just that I was unlucky. Nonetheless this made an otherwise four circle/star stay a three circle one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ramses1983
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your recent Stay in our Hotel and thank you for taking time out and review our hotel.

We, at Aitken Spence Hotels do pride in ourselves for setting high standard. The frequent Power cut during your recent stay has disappointed you. We sincerely regret that.

Tamilnadu and Pondicherry have major Power shortage and there are regular power cuts even in High Tension facility. We have full back up of automatic Genset which gets on during the time of power cut. During your stay we have faced some abnormal power cuts which is beyond our control.

I am sure you will understand this . Thanking you and assuring you of your best services and attention always.

E: gm.atithi@aitkenspencehotels.in

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Planned a weekend trip from bangalore on thursday.Luckily got a reservation in Hotel Atithi.Nice ,neat rooms,good service and nice food!
Though miss being at beach resort or a beach facing room.

Loved the terrace pool.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your recent Stay in our Hotel and delighted to hear that you have enjoyed the truly Atithi Hospitality.

I thank you for taking your time out and review our Hotel. Your valuable feedback and positive comments are highly appreciated and it will surely motivate me and encourage my Team to excel in “Customer Delight”.

We will look forward to welcome you again at Pondicherry and will take every steps to exceed expectation.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This was my first visit to Pondicherry and booked this hotel online and i am happy i did not book other hotels. This is really a very good value for money and the two topmost plus-points of this hotel are Delicious food and helpful staff.
The property is centrally located and walking distance from some of the recommended places of visit like Promenade beach, Pondicherry Meuseum and Aurbindo Ashram. Also it is quite close to the evening market where you can buy some local handi-crafts etc.
The hotel has rooftop swimming pool and terrace restaurant both of which are awesome. All in all a recommended place to stay if you are planning to visit Pondicherry.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saurabh M
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Mr. Saurabh,

Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Room No:406 on 11th July 2012 for 1 night. My family and I loved the clean room and the good vegetarian food. The staff were helpful and polite. I will recommend this hotel to my friends. Well done!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Venkatesan,

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I good and clean place to stay in Pondicherry. It was a luxurious hotel with affordable price. the stay was short , but good.
The rooms are spacious and clean. The ambiance of the room was good which really helped in relax and unwind myself for the hectic tour ahead. Really got a good and sound sleep ( which I rarely get during travel)
The staff are courteous. the breakfast was good and tasteful.
In the morning came to know that the hotel has a swimming pool too, which unfortunately I was not able to use or even check out as was running short of time.
Overall a good experience. Would recommend others to stay there once to experience it 1st hand.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, July 7, 2012

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Though there is no convenience of airport in Pondicherry, but still the comfort of a star hotel is not far. This is a very good hotel where I stayed for 3 days. Since the rooms were filled, I was given a suite which was very big and neat. Good AC and had a comfortable sleep. Not to forget the tasty food they serve especially during lunch. Since we had a meeting, they had arranged for a plantain leaf lunch for all just like a typical south indian marriage function. Overall, a good place to be.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, July 5, 2012

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Stayed in athihi for three nights.stay is fine rooms are kept in good shape and clean. Though choice of veg food is narrow and low spicy but prices ar not low.WIFI is very weak hence has faced problem accesing work.over all a good place. Staff are really nice and helpful. Suggested to some friends to stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear Mr.Kiran,

I thank you for taking your time out and review our Hotel. Your valuable feedback and consructive comments are highly appreciated and we will surely look into the same. During your stay we were shifting our WIFI signal provider which has caused you weak signal . You may experience lighting speed WIFI during your next visit.