“Worst restaurant I've ever been to!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Satsanga
Ranked #123 of 364 Restaurants in Pondicherry
Cuisines: French, Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Worst restaurant I've ever been to!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had dinner (if you can call it so) at Satsunga tonight. It was the worst restaurant, service and food I've tried during my trip in India - and in general.

We want there because the restaurant is chosen 'Top Choice' in Lonely Planet - which is a complete mystery.

It took 20 minutes for us to order and they were out of steaks (which is half their menu card) and one out of three pâtés. After 10 minutes my boyfriend got a (wrong) beer and no glass. Five minutes after that, I got my mineral water.

Then we waited 20 minutes for our starters - my boyfriend got an horrible pâté with bad bread and no fork and knife and I didn't get my spinach pancake before we asked for it 5 minutes later. At the same time they came with our head course and brought it back to the kitchen as we hadn't started on eating our starters. When they gave us our head course it was obviously cold. I complaint about it and they put it in the microwave. Our food was tasteless and expensive (1200 rupees).

On top of it the rude waiter charged us twice for our mineral water and he didn't apologize for it.

My advice is never to go there!

Bengaluru, India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Doesn't match the hype!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Good food and a less than acceptable service.
The service was extremely slow and the quality of the food was just about okay.
But like many other places in Pondi, it is simply a fabulous place for a few drinks with friends in the evening!

Visited March 2012
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

It is first time I ever tasted European food and I feel in love with it. It has now become a regularly dish at my house. My ex-boss recommended this place and I visited it without any doubt as he is excellent with these things. I am glad he suggested me I went twice there during stay in Pondicherry and was spell-bounded both the times.

Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Bitter disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

We saw this restaurant in the lonely planet and decided to go for dinner. Bad food and service. Our first choices were not available. We decided to leave and go somewhere else for dinner. We had to wait 15 minutes for the bill and had to pay 5% service tax but the service was really bad. The change he gave back was not correct and the waiter got irritated when I asked for the rest of my money. Never have dinner again in this place.

1 Thank Tim L
Chennai
“Limited Veg spread”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Good ambience. Located in the french quarters. Has a roof top restaurant as well as a garden restaurant. service is slow. Has a limited veg spread in Italian cuisine.

Visited May 2012