Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews value for money budget hotel room service basic amenities nice stay ample parking space rooms are clean place to stay hotel is located french colony mr rs ambience auto
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was worth the money paid for. I have been to more expensive places where it was worse. I think it is value for money. I was there for 3 days with 3 of my friends and 2 of us shared the room. We were quite comfortable and we liked it better than other places we have stayed in Pondicherry for almost the same price or even more expensive. Infact we had to extend our stay by a day and they dint have rooms available and we had to book another place which was almost as much priced as this but was not as good as this.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Value for money? Not really. With the Tata name backing it, I expected something more than what Ginger has to offer. Front office staff were floundering and obviously struggling to attend to the guests. Rooms are a bit cramped and food was passable - nothing to be proud of. Admitted that it calls itseld a budget hotel, but still one will look for a minimum standard of comfort. Disappointing.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Visited Pondicheery on a weekend Mar 30th-31st 2013.Most hotels we called up were fully booked so decided to play it safe and booked Ginger Room no 227(ground floor)(thinking Tata group)but boy were we in for surprise.Incompetent staff/Dirty Messy Lobby/30 mins wait for room.We arrived at 5pm(5 hrs over our check in time)after sitting for 15 mins and no room when reception staff was questioned we are informed some guests had overstayed..so room not free..no sense of remorse or apology no complimentary drink as we wait in lobby.when we lost our temper they inform us that when people do late checkout they r charged for it..wow great policy..but then shud we not get a discount..we were not alone 4 other guests were waiting like us.when we enter room..a plumber was trying to fix a shower fitting..towels were stained with holi colors though washed..never seen such pale/dirty towels..the sheet had a hole in the centre..paint of walls peeling off..no hand towels asked for housekeeping to come and clean toilet..no response.if you want to play a prank on a friend on honeymoon..u can get them booked here..though he might never forgive u...oh almost forgot..the wash basin tap had a trickle for water...It was a conscious choice to enjoy our holiday than to let such a poor hotel spoil it.

Room tip: find room in some other hotel...
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were here 2 days back. The room was a standard room, as requested. Unfortunately, the rooms and service are disappointing compare to the other Ginger hotels. The cleanliness and smell near the lift lobby was disgusting. There was only hot air coming from the AC in a temperature of 16°. Added to this, we had to call the reception again and again as there was no water in the toilets.
Kindly avoid going back to this place.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Please note that it is a budget hotel and worth for what you pay. I was not sure about the hotel before I had checked-in and I found to be a good budgeted hotel in Pondicherry. The reception people was good enough to guide me to provide the required information. It has a good parking facility inside the hotel campus. The rooms are very much neat and clean and I liked it for the money i had paid for. The room services are decent enough and they were prompt for the requested services. The Hotel also has a restaurant and Cafe Coffee Day in the Ground Floor. The restaurant was decent enough and I liked the food quality and taste. The hotel is not far away from the Main/Center of the city. I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are a budgeted tourister and you can't expect anything more than for the money paid. You should also be aware that this chain of hotels belong to TATA group and you can always expect the basic facilities and services from the corporate gaint.

Room tip: All the rooms are good enough and i had traveled during the week day where they had offered a better package due to lower occupancy rate.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends