“Functional but the walking ruined it for me!”

Van Der Valk Hotel Vianen
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vianen
Brussels, Belgium
“Functional but the walking ruined it for me!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have never seen a layout like this one. I may have been unfortunate in that my room was particularly far from the main part of the hotel but from talking to colleagues everyone said the same! The service was fine and I ate in the hotel restaurant which was buzzing. There is also quite a cute bar. Breakfast was also good but this hotel is just too sprawling for me. My room was like an enormous studio apartment and a little dated but fine. I think the overall impression for me was average. Without reconstruction it can never delight me!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Nice room, with full bath and shower, TV in english ( not flat screen), Completely insulated from outside noise- vey much appreciated. Very good choice at breakfast. A collegue was overcharged for his room, the hotel called him as he had not checked his final bill, so he asked themto give me the amount in cash so I can give it to him- I found this very honest on their part and it was much appreciated. We also had to cancel two rooms th final night, and there were no cancelation fees topay. Very nice pool easy access and a nice temperature.
The rooms could seem a little chily- but that was because I was tired- but an excelent temperature to sleepin- I hate overheated rooms

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Gouda, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed here one night and got a special last minute deal for a room with a whirlpool. As mentioned in other reviews the hotel is very much spread out, so prepare for a lot of walking. I had wanted to enjoy some time in the whirlpool but due to the somewhat outdated mechanics it made so much noice that I wasn't very relaxing at all. The room was a bit stuffy as if it hadn't been used for quite some time but after a good airing by opening the window it was fine. The hotel has no free wifi but offers KPN wifi hotspot. The bed was very comfortable and provided a good night's sleep followed by the extensive breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Lyons-la-Foret, France
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Nice hotel. Big room, good curtains that block out the light of day (morning sun), big and really comfy beds, enough cupboards, flat screen TV, spacious bathroom. We did not like the balcony that runs in front of all the rooms as one big terrace and basically everyone can pass in front of your room (or open that door). The rooms are very much spread around in the building, one does a lot of walking to reach the room (do not forget anything in your room that makes you have to return: you will walk 1 km). Friendly staff. Parking is free, we appreciated that. Busses stop just a few steps away from the hotel, many go direction Utrecht/station.
Breakfast is very nice, good be a bit cleaner around coffee and tea machines. Housekeeping should do a better job of taking away empty bottles and other left-overs lying on the floor in front of (empty) hotel rooms. We will come back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I was put up in this hotel by our company. This was my first official tour and that too out of India. I had mixed ideas about how the experience of staying in a hotel in a foreign
land that too in a small town in Netherlands.

However I was impressed by the facilities and amenities provided by the hotel.

The room was neat and clean

The location was very near to my office in Vianen.

The food quality at the restaurant and bar was excellent

The hotel has very friendly and helpful staff

The hotel provides daily 30 minutes of free high speed internet in all rooms.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Nice Hotel, good value for money. Nice buffet breakfast, very large rooms, fully equiped WC, excellent beds.......................& free parking lot.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Harrogate
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Ths is the second time I have stayed in this hotel, as it is near our Netherlands office. The hotel is OK...the room I had was large, the dinner we had in the restaurant was very good...definitely good for a hotel. The layout is a bit weird so you can get lost trying to find your room though....it can be a long way.

However, don't oversleep.....as I had a bad experience leaving some things in my room. All my fault, as I overslept and dashed out of the room to catch a flight from Schiphol, I left my mobile phone and a diary in the room.Too late to go back when i discovered en route to the airport. Phoned reception when I arrived in Hamburg and they had found my phone no problem...when prompted they found my diary too.

But I was astonished when they said I had to come back and collect them...even though I was in a different country by then. I asked them to post the phone and diary on to my home, but the answer was "No, we don't do that". I questioned the response, but all I got was "No we don't do that". Fortunately I persuaded a colleague to go to the hotel and collect and post on, but I did think it was distinctly poor service to refuse to forward my fone/diary.

Norbert

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vianen
Van der Valk Hotel Houten-Utrecht
Bastion Hotel Utrecht
Bastion Hotel Utrecht
#18 of 22 in Utrecht
Hilton Royal Parc Soestduinen

Been to Van Der Valk Hotel Vianen? Share your experiences!