“Good food.”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Siliguri
“Good food.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

The quality of food is definitely better..a bit of privacy.....not very crowded and the best fruit salad with ice cream(my personal fav).

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Anindita M

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This amongst the better places in town to have a drink and eat a meal, in Siliguri.Ladies may accompany you depending on the overall acceptable ambience.Compared to a metro city this would rate as just average but keeping in mind the gateway & trading position of the town considering this part of the country,it would surely rate amongst the better ones.The location is excellent i.e. a stone throw from the Sevoke more on Hill cart road.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank ShuddhoGhosh
Darjeeling, India
“Remarkable ambiance”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Whenever I come to Siliguri from the hills, I prefer to stay at hotel Ranjit, the owners of Sartaj, and I always make it a point to have dinner at Sartaj. I must say that it is perhaps the best bar and restaurant in Siliguri. They have got the best atmosphere, have three large Televisions in restaurant, and apart from the settings, Sartaj also has great food menu. You can have spicy food stuff, and also non spicy non vegetarian food, but with equally great taste.

Though, the food and even the drinks are definitely expensive, which is the only downside, I can find. But the restaurant is smart enough to come up with great service. The best part is they are open till 11.30 PM, which is great. My advice will be to go for sliced chicken items, which they prepare from garlic or ginger or lemon, if you request them to come up with sliced chicken with vegetables, they will do it, but it is not listed in the menu list

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Ravi K
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,203 helpful votes
“Decent food,decent ambiance”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is a perfect food joint in Siliguri for people en route to the Hills beyond or coming back to catch a train from NJP Station.

Serves great Indian fare and relatively cheap too.Staff are decent and courteous.Reception is amiable.

Overall a nice place for North Indian food mainly,but serves other regional food as well.

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank Shourjendra D
Amersham, United Kingdom
“A Good meal in an awful city”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

On my way down the mountain from Darjeeling to Calcutta I had to kill the best part of 6 hours in Siliguri where there is frankly nothing to do.By the time I got to Sartaj I had but 3 hours to kill and so I ordered a rather large meal!
I was there with my backpack and the staff were very helpful in positioning me in such a way that my bags were safe, out of the way and I could watch the cricket on the TV! I had a perfectly decent mushroom soup and a tasty chicken tikka masala, which was enormous and I could barely move for a while afterwards! The staff were more than happy to let me stay until my train left just so long as I nursed a Kingfisher for long enough. The prices were decent and the air conditioning worked a treat. This restaurant is perhaps the only reason to stop in Siliguri if you are passing through.

• Visited December 2011