“Terrible experience”

Hotel Vinayak & Restaurant Pamm
Ranked #27 of 32 Hotels in Siliguri
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I had to stay overnight at Hotel vinayak as my daughter was appearing for the W B Joint Entrance examination on 15th April 2012. I had checked in on the 14th.I was given a room where AC was not properly working. The manager gave me another room where the taps in the bath room was not in a good shape .
Finally nearly after half an hour I was given option for another room with high room tariff. I had no choice but to stay, as my had to prepare for the examination. I felt just like a prisoner confined in a room. Bathroom was dirty, with one old damaged dustbin with cover which had to be opened manually. No toilet roll was supplied...
On the 15th morning , we had to wait till 7am for a cup of tea. Breakfast in the morning was beyond my imagination ..... we were forced to provide breakfast for my daughter in a roadside namkeen shop as she had to reach the Examination center one prior to the scheduled time .

I felt that the hotel was running short of staffs .... The attitude of the staffs were most unwelcoming....
On the whole NOT A SUITABLE PLACE EVEN FOR SPENDING ONE NIGHT.........

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kaps2

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Hotel Vinayak is located centrally on the Hill Carts Road , L.M. Movlik Complex, Siliguri- 734001 which is the main shopping center of Siliguri near at Hong Kong Market, just 3 km from the Tenzing Norgay Bus stand and 8 km from the NJP Railway Station.I stayed there for two nights to go to Kalimpong and to return from Kalimpong during my puja vacation October,2011.It is a one star hotel in siliguri and all the facilities are available here.Round the clock room service, , beauty parlor, free parking, doctor on call, travel desk and same day laundry service. The has A/C,non A/C Deluxe, Super Deluxe Rooms.The rooms are well decorated and luxurious with attached bath, hot and cold water, cable tv , telephone for business and leisure tourists. The rooms are clean and quite comfortable .The Hotel has a own Restaurant named ‘Pamm’.It serves Indian and Continental foods.I really liked their foods

Room Tip: Rooms on the Road-Side are Sunny
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank golam_11
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My experience in India has often been that there are no mid-range hotels. Either hotels are $100+ USD (but without the service or quality typically associated with such prices) or are $10-20 and very poor quality. I was happy to find the Hotel Vinayak with a range of different type rooms and prices. We got a decent room for USD $32/ INR 1400. (We didn't see any other rooms, higher or lower in price.) The accommodations aren't particularly noteworthy in any way, but were adequate for our needs. The bed was two twin beds pushed together with very firm mattresses. As is often the case, there was no top sheet, but shortly after our arrival, a staff member brought us two top sheets, towels, and extra toilet paper without us even requesting it. The TV did have half a dozen or so English channels and the hot shower was great after a long day in town shopping. The AC worked great, thankfully! As far as cleanliness went it was all right - the only thing I noticed was that the two floor rugs needed a good beating or vacuum. The hotel does have a garage below where you can park your car. The staff member who opened the garage for us offered the service of a car wash, which my husband paid for. However, the next day after we left we realized that the car had not been washed after all. That was disappointing. Room service was available but we didn't use it. There is a decent restaurant (also air-conditioned!) that we didn't eat in on this trip, but have eaten lunch in previously. The food and service were both good. The hotel and restaurant are located on Hill Cart Road - one of the main roads in town - so it is not a quiet area. However, we noticed that the traffic noise died down earlier than we thought it might and we got a good night's sleep without disturbance. For a quick stop or passing through I'd stay here again. If you're on business or an extended stay I might look for more comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kayjay16
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We had to stay here as we reached here late in the night and was an unexpected stay. The room rent is around 1500/- and the rooms were pathetic. We were able to find cockroaches on the bed. Plug points broken. A very pathetic room service. The person sitting in the reception was least bothered about guests. His attitude was "Stay if you want to, else leave the place". horrible stay it was. I am not sure if it was due to our expectation about a hotel. But this one was way below our expectations and service. If you have no other option, then go for this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Krish1875
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Hi,went to siliguri on the way to gangtok, stayed there for 1 night got a non ac delux room which was good for Rs 800,The room had all the amenities .The hotel is in a very good location and very near to Hong Kong market in siliguri.The hotel has good no of rooms and the foods is alos good.

The service was little on the lesser side. But overall a decent hotel for budget travellors

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank johnbin2003
Reviewed January 16, 2011

We had heard that this would be a good place for us to stay, good food, location and affordable rates.

However, from the moment we entered the hotel, we were spoken very rudely to by the person in the front desk. You see, we had been looking forward to this family vacation for a long time and arrived tired after a long car journey and was surprised by the rude manner he addressed us in and more so by the cold attitude we were given.

We were shown a variety of rooms, all of which had peeling walls (including the Royal Room), dirty bathrooms and the sheets, towels, rugs and blankets all looked like they hadn't been washed in a long time. There is no soap and you have to specially request for toilet paper.

Vinayak is reputed to have a good restaurant, but the room service food we were served was nothing to write home about. The only thing good about this place is that the location is convenient and they do have underground parking for your vehicle. Plus the support staff are friendly but they will expect you to tip well too.

So my final word is, if you don't mind being treated badly and sleeping in less than sanitary conditions then this is the place for you. Otherwise, I would highly recommend you find another budget hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank adventureseeker009
Reviewed November 26, 2010

The hotel is ideal for stay during vacation with family. It is suitably located to the main town of Siliguri in the foot hills of Darjeeling hills with charismati views. The food and service quality is good. Though there are cheaper hotel in Siliguri, peple preffering to have extra comfort by paying extra money could try this hotel out.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business