Just back from a fortnight holiday in Prinsotel La Caletta, Menorca. This was our first trip to Menorca and we could not have wished for a better introduction to the island. From our arrival we were treated like we were staying in a five star hotel. We had booked a superior one bedroom apartment on the ground floor. Not only was our garden beautifully kept but we were given a complimentary mini bar full of soft drinks and the local Gin as well slippers and dressing gowns.
The room was spotlessly clean, with a proper Iron and a small ironing board. We had two chairs outside on the terrace and when asked if we could have another two, this was no problem and in the apartment within the hour. The bathroom had a wide range of complimentary toiletries including toothbrushes! Pool towels are provided by the hotel and can be changed everyday at the poolside, a 20euro deposit is asked for but is returned to you on check out, this meant that you always had a fresh towel when at the pool. The safe in the room is a cost of 3euro per day and well worth the extra expense.
the pool area and grounds are spotless and continually maintained and the ground staff obviously take great pride in the gardens. We never had to 'book' sunbeds early in the morning, we frequently went down to main pool after midday and were able to comfortably find two beds.the pool is a good size and never overly busy and had various depths that suited all ages.
The animation team worked very hard and were always cheerful and never pushy if you didnt want to participate. hats off to their boundless energy! the bar staff especially Mohammed were excellent and the food and service were first class. All entertainment was over at the latest 11.30pm and never rowdy or drink fuelled.
The majority of the guests in the complex were Spanish with a mixture of Dutch, German and British/ Irish. none of the guests were loud and this certainly added to the relaxed atmosphere. This is not the place to go if you want a loud action packed holiday which is not what we wanted. The resort itself is very quiet with a few good restaurants nearby. Nightlife is limited to the hotel entertainment.
We were very sad to leave Prinsotel and are already trying to book for next year. this is an excellent family holiday if you want a quiet, relaxed and as authentic as your going to get menorcan holiday. First Class service, First Class Holiday! Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel and apartments complex is located 150 metres from the beach in Santandria, on Menorca’s west coast. It offers a large outdoor pool and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and a private balcony.The rooms at the Prinsotel La Caleta feature smart décor with soft tones. Each one comes with satellite TV and a private bathroom.The hotel’s buffet restaurant serves international food and offers show cooking and themed nights. Breakfast is served overlooking the sea, and there is also a poolside snack bar.Hotel La Caleta offers a varied entertainment programme for adults and children. You can hire a bicycle from the 24-hour reception, and there are various water sports options on Santandria Beach.Ciutadella is just 5 minutes’ drive from the hotel. You can drive to Mahón Airport in around 45 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Prinsotel La Caleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel La Caleta Hotel Cala Santandria
- Prinsotel La Caleta Cala Santandria, Menorca, Spain