1,672 results
All reviews bali beds relaxing holiday sea view lovely hotel evening meal public areas ceiling fan total relaxation plenty of sunbeds next year pork cami de cavalls half board an adult son bou plenty of choice two weeks
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I do not normally write reviews but was shocked to read a recent review about the terrible service at this hotel, that I felt I had to balance the views a little.

My wife and I have now stayed at this hotel 4 times. This year we were there between 31 May 2019 and 17 June 2019 and you will probably guess that we love this hotel when I tell you that we have already booked to come back next June.

Why do we love this hotel so much and want to keep coming back? Well it is not only the fantastic position in Santo Tomas, the views from the balconies, the cleanliness of the hotel, the superb selection in the restaurant for both breakfast and dinner. but especially the lovely staff that run this hotel. Our experience is exactly the opposite of a recent review, and I cannot believe we are talking about the same hotel.

Obviously I was not with the other reviewer and cannot comment on his experience, only mine. This year there has been a change in the reception staff although the old faithfuls are still there. We were welcomed to the hotel by one of the new trainees, who had a welcoming smile, and could not have done more to welcome us and sort out our booking and room. Everytime my wife or I walked past reception we had a wave and a smile. The charge of one euro for changing the beach towel was only introduced part way through our holiday this year and was brought in by the hotels head office. The reason I understand is that, whereas we would change our towel maybe every two or three days, some people were changing them seven or eight times a day. I believe that to tar everyone with the same brush is unfair, and I have contacted the hotel regarding this. However I do understand why the rule was brought in, and this was all clearly explained to me. This income, by the way is given to UNICEF and not kept by the hotel. When we left the hotel, one of the reception staff helped us with our cases to the coach, and actually helped us bring them down from our room.

With regard to the restaurant you are not told or have to ask where to sit. You merely find your own table inside or out, and at any place in the restaurant. The restaurant staff are extremely helpful.

This is a fantastic hotel with fantastic staff who cannot do too much for you, It is extremely clean, and the cleaning staff although most cannot speak good english still greet you and make you feel at home. We cannot wait to come back next year.

The other reviewer is correct that there are a number of elderly people there. Why is that the case, well it is not that they are treated badly, but want to be there like us? This hotel has a large number of repeat guests, and that should speak for itself. We meet the same people there year after year, and one of them has been coming for 45 years. Anyone deciding to come to this hotel should read the many favourable reviews and discount the odd negative review.

Room tip: Superb position right next to 2 beaches.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This has to be the worst service I have ever received in an Hotel and I speak from experience as I stay in more than 20 hotels a year. This is what happened when we arrived there with my girlfriend. Please consider we paid the room 295 a night and we were supposed to stay for 5 nights (this is more or less the price of a 5 starts hotel). First we arrived and got a poor welcome with no smile, then i was told we need to make a contract and pay 9 euro extra a night if we wanted to park the car inside, then i was told to pay 1 euro for the towel and 1 euro each time we want to change the towel. I mentioned to the lovely gentleman that this was a bit strange. The lovely gentleman took it very badly and put the letter that explain the reason in front of me so i could read it. Any way i told him I will not read it, i am in holiday i am not here to read rules., he was upset and told me to listen to him and told us that this money was not for him but it was because of the environment. Between us i know it was not for him, but for me it is not acceptable to talk this way first and ask for money for a towel unless it is a deposit. Then the worst came, we went to the restaurant and got a very rude welcome. We wanted to seat at the table at the end of the restaurant (that by the way had all the cutlery on it), we were told that we could only seat at the table at the front. probably because they couldn't be asked to walk 10 meters more to serve us. At this point we felt like in a jail. You cant do this, u cant seat there, there is sign from the restaurant to the reception that says no entry. the room had a view of a big bin, and a tiny bit of the sea. We had enough I called booking.com and ask to leave (lucky i paid extra for cancelation when i booked or else we would have been in jail for a week). Booking.com was very nice as usual and called the hotel to try to let us go on the same day, the hotel didn't accept so we stayed one night. Funny enough after the call the gentleman from the reception came to see me with a smile and didn't even ask the reason we wanted to leave.
This place has the worth service ever, it is full of 70 plus people that are treated badly , we saw an old couple saying goodbye on their way out, no one at the reception say goodbye back.
Stay somewhere else, the people there are so unfriendly it will make you feel like been in a jail. We then went to the Barcelo Hamilton Hotel and we got a normal service and managed to enjoy the rest of our holidays.

1  Thank ceda1975
SolBeachHouseMenorca, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Beach House Menorca, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Cedric,

We feel sorry to read this comments about our resort, all the Sol Beach House Menorca team try daily their best to exceed our guest expectations, We are sorry we did not exceed yours.

We were surprise of your decision of modify your reservation , but we want our guest to be happy and as at the hotel , you did not explain any of the inconvenience that you do explain here, we were unable to help you.

Our hotel is considered a Beach House, because as you could experience, the tranquil aura , the relation of the staff with the guest, and specially, the hotel design and location is ideal for relax and rest.

We just want to clarify that being all extra services limited, an example is the parking, we charge and is published on the web that is a service chargeable, as we cannot guarantee space for all the customers.

This happened most hotels Worldwide, but we are sorry you did not perceive that value .

We are happy you found a place to stay that was more adequate to your expectations, and we totally respect your opinion, its only a pity you did not mention any of this at the hotel directly.

Wish you a happy holiday,

The Sol Beach House Menorca Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Thouroughly enjoyed our stay ,except having to move bedroom . Grounds were lovely , lots space for sunbeds ,not on top of one another like a lot of hotels . .never had a problem trying to find somewhere to sit .

Room tip: Don't stay in 263 if you like it quiet upgrade to seaview .rooms very comfortable .
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International

First of all we would like to thank you so much for your nice words as well as for take your valuable time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor.

We are really happy to read that our huge sunbeds area made you feel comfortable at all times.

We also hope you enjoyed our relax aura we try to provide to all our guests being the added value of Sol Beach House Menorca hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and do not hesitate to contact us in advance to personalize your stay.

Kindest regards,

Carla Bujan - Guest Experience

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stumbled across Menorca and the Sol Beach House purely as we wanted to fly from a certain airport on a a certain day and for only 5 nights. Worked out well!
This is a gorgeous, contemporary hotel with a varied range of ages. The welcome was warm and the whole ambience of the hotel was to relax. The room was an average size but with lots of storage and a big bathroom. It was also immaculately clean. We had a side sea view room(no 252) and had the afternoon/evening sun - perfect for sitting on the balcony.
We were on a half board basis and found the food to be great. Breakfasts were fresh (except the bacon - didnt seem the best quality and looked a little grey each day). The salad bar for the evening meals was amazing. If a dish was half full it was replaced with fresh and there were always chefs around.
The staff were generally excellent and friendly and helpful. The exception was the day time bar. We were told it was table service but on at least 3 occasions we were not seen/ignored and had to go to the bar to order. Not a problem but a bit hit and miss.
Santo Tomas is a quiet resort which suited us perfectly. Menorca has become one of our favourite destinations immediately and we would definitely return to the Sol Beach House for our next visit!

Date of stay: June 2019
SolBeachHouseMenorca, Guest Relations Manager at Sol Beach House Menorca, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Ms. Chalkygirl76,

We would like to thank you for choosing Sol Beach House Menorca to spend your so deserved holidays and take some days to rest and relax as well as for taking some minutes of your valuable time to share with us your relaxed experience and impressions regarding your recent stay.

We are really glad to know that we were able to deliver the great "Sol Beach House Experience" we try to deliver to all our guests and that the hotel exceeded your expectations. We are delighted that you have enjoyed the unique sunset viewed from the room 252.

For sure, your comments will be sent to the staff because it is due their effort and dedication we can achieve your satisfaction and we can assure you that we will keep working everyday to keep improving (bacon cooking) and getting a better service (day time bar).

We are looking forward to welcoming you back at your beach house very soon…

Kind regards,

The Sol Beach House Menorca Team

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We enjoyed a lovely lovely stay, excellent staff, food and room. Very clean and comfortable and well situated. We have stayed in the sol beach house in Ibiza too and really like this chain of hotels. The hotel has a peaceful atmosphere so is excellent for a relaxing week.

Date of stay: May 2019